Post by Vick »

What is the status on CJ ?
---------- ADS -----------

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Canada Jetlines

Post by boeingboy »

Seriously? Zero, nada, zilch. Not even a lot of hot air coming from the offices. They were all excited when the government increased the foreign ownership.....but if you couldn't raise money before - what makes you think you can now?

People actually think there's half a chance for these guys?

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

What's the status of Enerjet these days?

pilotguy2017
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy2017 »

I heard Enerjet is down to like 10 pilots or something.

brooks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by brooks »

Heard they are down to 1 737.

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by URC »

What's the status of Enerjet these days?
According to Flightradar24 their 1 and only Boeing 737-700, C-GDEJ, returned from the Europe program on October 13, 2016. Then operated Calgary up to Fort MacKay and back on October 17, and has not been seen flying since then. So has it really been sitting in Calgary and not flown since October ? Still shows current in the Canadian Civil Aircraft Register.

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by URC »

And back to Europe Enerjets only 737 goes ....

https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/c-gdej

Wonder what kind of leasing deal they are getting on that ? Looks like it didn't fly for 4 months. Were the pilots still getting paid ?

In other news ....
CTA Responds to Enerjet Proposal

Date: February 20, 2017

Enerjet recently received guidance from the Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA) on our airline financing proposal submitted Jan 2, 2017. This guidance will result in some ‘homework' for Enerjet to complete. Enerjet intends to complete and submit our work to the CTA as soon as possible. The confidentiality agreed to between Enerjet and the CTA prevents further comment on the content of the exchange between Enerjet and the CTA at this time. Enerjet remains committed to providing Canadian air travelers with more choice and lower costs, as envisioned by the Honorable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport in his speech of November 3rd, 2016 and as recommended in the Canadian Transportation Act Review of February 25, 2016. Enerjet and our US-based investment partners believe our financing proposal will lead to greater choice and lower airfares, will grow trade between Canada and the USA, and will create new jobs in the aviation and tourism sectors. Enerjet President and CEO Tim Morgan said: "I can think of no better time than Canada's 150th birthday to make it more affordable for more Canadians to visit their families, and to learn about our great country by seeing it for themselves".
'Homework' ? I guess this means they don't have the money yet ?

Not a peep out of Canada Jetlines recently ?

Is the so called ULCC dream dead in Canada ?

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

First they wanted increase in foreign investment, which was allowed by our transport minister and no one was interested, now an IPO on the TSX Venture?!?

:lol: Just goes to show what investors think of another carrier in Canada.

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Agreed! You speak the truth once again Sanjet! I know i wouldn't be rushing out to buy tickets on some fly by night operator for my vacation.

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by URC »

Jet Metal Announces Closing of Offering of Subscription Receipts

VANCOUVER, BC–(Marketwired – February 14, 2017) –

NOT FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR FOR RELEASE TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES

Jet Metal Corp. (TSX VENTURE: JET) (the “Company” or “Jet Metal”) is pleased to announce that further to its press release of January 31, 2017, it has completed a public offering pursuant to which it has sold an aggregate of 22,778,700 subscription receipts (each, a “Subscription Receipt”) at a price of $0.30 per Subscription Receipt (the “Offering Price”) for gross proceeds of $6,833,610.00 (the “Offering”). As previously announced, Mackie Research Capital Corporation (the “Lead Agent”), together with Haywood Securities Inc., PI Financial Corp. and Echelon Wealth Partners Inc. (together with Lead Agent, the “Agents”) acted as agents in respect of the Offering. With the closing of the Offering, all material conditions to the business combination of Canada Jetlines Ltd. (“Jetlines”) and Jet Metal (the “Transaction”) have been satisfied. Jet Metal and Jetlines intend to close the Transaction on or around February 28, 2017.
Wow. $6.8 million raised. What kind of a house will that buy you in Vancouver ?

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Actually that buys a pretty decent house in Vancouver. I don't know about you but I find that 7th bathroom really makes a difference.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Sing ... bia-V6L1B1

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

ahramin wrote:Actually that buys a pretty decent house in Vancouver. I don't know about you but I find that 7th bathroom really makes a difference.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Sing ... bia-V6L1B1
Let's you really have a nice rotation throughout the week, right? :lol:

Stoptheworld
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Stoptheworld »

I'm sorry, I just don't get it.

How do you expect to survive in the Canadian marketplace if the only thing you can provide is cheaper prices that can be easily matched and sustained by the incumbent carrier's ample bank accounts. New Leaf is already in operation and Westjet is "following" them (perhaps a poor choice of words as Westjet seems to have a presence in all of the markets the upstarts want to go) wherever they go and matching prices. Westjet has even shown a willingness to enter into new markets (Mesa) to preempt any foothold that they (New Leaf) seem to identify. AC seems a little more complacent but it is obvious Westjet is defending their market.

So, here we sit with the popcorn, watching Westjet defend themselves against New Leaf. If I were an investor, would I think that Westjet would not do the exact same thing with Jetlines or Enerjet? Where will they take a 737 that will one; make economic sense without any competition and two; is not going to draw an immediate reaction from a far more well financed competitor?

The United States is a different situation entirely where a company like Allegiant can offer a flight from GTF to LAS twice a week and make it work. Nobody like Delta or UAL will do that thin route. I know Enerjet was thinking as part of their initial business plan that they would do the same from Canadian origins to sun destinations from places like YQR or YXE to LAS, or other similar routes, but how easy would it be for Westjet to throw capacity at that? So, are you going to fly from Red Deer to Orlando? How about customs clearance on the return?

A person is gonna look at YHM-YEG and see the same ticket price on Westjet or New Leaf (or maybe even better on Westjet) and a traveler with half a brain will know that they have a better chance of getting there with Westjet. Once they're on the plane, what will the difference be then?

Man I ramble a lot :shock:

Stop the World - I Wanna Get Off
boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Wow.....$6.8.

Hmm....add that to the 2.5 they've raised since 2013 when they started and that's.....$9.1 million. I guess they are getting there. it should only take them about 7.5 years before they come up with their 51% share. Of course they still need a 49% foreign investor.

unbelievable :roll: ...

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Is the so called ULCC dream dead in Canada ?
Are you kidding?......it was dead the minute someone thought of it.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”