Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Prairie Highway
Rank 1
Rank 1

Pasco pay

Post by Prairie Highway »

Hi all,

I'm sure everyone has noticed Pacific Coastal posting almost daily recently, does anyone have any insight into their FO & Captain pay scales?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

pilotguy2017
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Pasco pay

Post by pilotguy2017 »

I know a few more than qualified guys that dropped resumes in their to test the waters, none were called. Either they are trying to stack their resume files like a few other airlines which is stupid. Don't be fooled most don't have enough resumes to wallpaper a desk let alone a room. They are gonna be majorly hurting if they don't start hiring anyone they can get now.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

Pasco upgraded from within (ramp to FO...FO to Captain...FA to FO) Seems normal to me...you have people you know and who know the company in places they want to be. How long this will last? You'll have to ask PASCO I guess.

Prairie Highway
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Prairie Highway »

Hmm interesting. Seems odd to me though, considering how fast things are moving, coupled with Pasco's job posting habits in the past few weeks, that they're solely hiring from within. Also strange that people aren't getting called after applying. I'd understand if these individuals who are applying had no operational experience. The companies that I, and mostly everyone else I know work for are in dire straits because they can't retain experienced pilots.

pilotguy2017
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy2017 »

Don't worry, it's smoke and mirrors for most trying to show the market they believe there is still oceans of guys looking for work. PASCO is gonna get bit as I'd most others shortly. AC is about to ramp up OTS hiring as their regional PML list is causing a problem I've heard at Jazz and Georgian (bleeding them dry). That being said I'm sure you will see WJ guys getting called that have applied and it's gonna get nasty so PASCO won't stand a chance at attracting qualified guys/gals. Just sit back and watch the music won't be stopping anytime soon, don't be too concerned about getting a seat before it stops.

Canuck1988
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Canuck1988 »

Pasco is currently hiring as much as they can keep up with. While they have hired some from within (as mentioned above), they tend to mostly go with qualified pilots. All candidates go through the same interview/sim.

Roger1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Roger1989 »

The PML is NOT bleeding them dry at all. JAZZ is a real airline and a great place to work with many benefits and finding pilots Has not been a issue whatsoever. SKy Regional similar but not so much. GGN on the other hand I can tell you is not bled dry by the PML. 1 or 2 a month is more like it. The others who interviewed and are not selected are simply going to leave as there is no longer a purpose to work there. I'm sure they expect this. I'd imagine you'd have a healthy flow to JAZZ, ENCORE CARGOJET etc... if Georgian serves for anything it's giving guys the 500 PIC they need to move forward. A good stepping stone at best. If your goal is AC your better off elsewhere guaranteed without a doubt.

Ancient
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ancient »

Last edited by Ancient on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pasco Flt Ops
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pasco Flt Ops »

Good Afternoon,

Answers are in order to the queries in this thread:

Pay Scale Ranges
First Officer = $36,000 – $41,000
704 Captain = $58,000 - $77,000
705 Captain = $66,000 – $98,000
Training Captains = $95,000 - $110,000

*The above is based on an average of 85 credits/month and does not include per diems, training premiums and OT etc. The external posting lists total compensation including benefits and travel privileges etc.
-
Pasco is currently experiencing unprecedented rates of attrition which is why the posting has been updated to the frequency it has. Method is that once a new class date is set and a subsequent internal posting has been issued, then external postings will be refreshed on sites such as this one. By May we will have run 4 classes in a six month span.
-
As stated in the posting; “As pilot applications far exceed job vacancies, preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the minimum requirements…” For First Officer applications this especially holds true and it is just not possible to contact every applicant who is qualified.
-
Since January 2016, Pasco has hired 58 pilots to which only 4 of those have been internal applicants. Canuck1988’s assertion is correct: we are hiring as much as we can and those candidates that are successful are the most qualified as vetted through our interview process which includes a Phone Screen, In Person Behavioral & Technical Interview and a Sim Eval.
-
We are currently preparing for May’s uptake and candidates who have been selected to begin the process will be contacted over the next two weeks.

Pasco Flt Ops

CXALE
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CXALE »

Do you think it would be possible for a FO to commute from AB, like Calgary or Edmonton?

flyguy22
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguy22 »

CXALE wrote:Do you think it would be possible for a FO to commute from AB, like Calgary or Edmonton?
It is a little tough but kinda doable depending on your monthly schedule. I get back to Calgary 3-4 times a month.

Cheers,

Pilotverner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pilotverner »

So they promote rampies and FA on the flight line? How long is the wait, 1.5 to 2 years?

justwork
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by justwork »

I miss working at PASCO.

NEJO79
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NEJO79 »

I see Pasco is hiring pilots for YYC. Is this for WJ Link? Does anyone know how much/how long the bond is for the saab? Any current info on the company would be great, thanks!

avpride
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by avpride »

Roger1989 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:41 pm The PML is NOT bleeding them dry at all. JAZZ is a real airline and a great place to work with many benefits and finding pilots Has not been a issue whatsoever. SKy Regional similar but not so much. GGN on the other hand I can tell you is not bled dry by the PML. 1 or 2 a month is more like it. The others who interviewed and are not selected are simply going to leave as there is no longer a purpose to work there. I'm sure they expect this. I'd imagine you'd have a healthy flow to JAZZ, ENCORE CARGOJET etc... if Georgian serves for anything it's giving guys the 500 PIC they need to move forward. A good stepping stone at best. If your goal is AC your better off elsewhere guaranteed without a doubt.
Wow- worlds longest grudge, we get it, GGN didn't work out for you. I think your info is about a decade old

Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Phlyer »

Any updates on these numbers?:

Pay Scale Ranges
First Officer = $36,000 – $41,000
704 Captain = $58,000 - $77,000
705 Captain = $66,000 – $98,000
Training Captains = $95,000 - $110,000

*The above is based on an average of 85 credits/month and does not include per diems, training premiums and OT etc.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

And has anyone ever been hired there?

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

'97 Tercel wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:33 pm And has anyone ever been hired there?
It's a more exclusive club than Air Canada

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Xonga013
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Xonga013 »

Even . Norris got a PFO at PASCO.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

Xonga013 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:03 am Even . Norris got a PFO at PASCO.
It would be amazing if he even got that much of a response out of them.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”