Airline Regulation

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Airline Regulation

Post by infiniteregulus »

Long video (play at 2x speed haha), but interesting perspectives on the state of regulation/deregulation in the US airline industry. Could reflect the outcome of the Canadian markets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsQ2_h_yUVg
---------- ADS -----------

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Airline Regulation

Post by sanjet »

A friend of mine booked a 7 night package to go down south. As a person who works in the airline industry, I asked him out of curiosity what airline he booked it with, his response: "I dunno, it was the cheapest deal on redtag.."

This here pretty much sums up the market most airlines will serve.
It's fun and games to blame airlines on social media or CBC for "horrendous" flying conditions but I guarantee they will go back to flying that same airline if the ticket is 5$ cheaper. Regulations will just make tickets more expensive and with the current government in US, there will be no regulations added.

By the way, Volkswagen, who faced a public and social media backlash in 2015 due to "dieselgate" with people swearing to never buy VW cars... Some analysts were predicting the demise of the VW brand. Guess what: VW are back to records sales/profit this quarter...

The airlines know it, and so do most corporations.... public forgets easily.

Last edited by sanjet on Wed May 03, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

I think it was a Seth Meyers bit, that if passengers had the choice to fly on an airline that offered a roundtrip ticket in the US for $50 but the pilot could randomly choose 1 passenger to face slap, the airline would never leave with an empty seat. Sad but true hahaha.

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”