Canada Jetlines CEO replaced

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Canada Jetlines CEO replaced

Post by URC »

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, Canada Jetlines Ltd. (TSX-V: JET) (the “Company” or “Jetlines”) today announced that its Board of Directors has implemented changes to its leadership team and appointed Stan Gadek as Chief Executive Officer, succeeding Jim Scott. The changes, which are designed to help accelerate the Company’s strategy of becoming Canada’s first genuine ultra-low cost carrier, take effect immediately.
http://www.jetlines.ca/announcements/

Anyone up on the gossip over at Canada Jetlines ? Wasn't Canada Jetlines Jim's idea and the driving force behind it ? Now it appears he has left the company, and not by choice ?

---------- ADS -----------

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: Canada Jetlines CEO replaced

Post by Old fella »

They still around......... thought they were to be up and running two summers ago if my memory is correct.

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by URC »

thought they were to be up and running two summers ago if my memory is correct.
When they first went to the media back in November 2013 they said the plan was to have 2 Airbuses flying by the fall of 2014 and planned to have 16 by 2017. Probably why he is no longer there ? Although to his credit he did help get the foreign ownership laws changed and spooked WestJet enough to go and try to start a ULCC.
WestJet CEO Gregg Saretsky told the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade June 1 that plans for WestJet’s new low-cost carrier are coming along and that a name for the new carrier will be announced in the next few weeks.

He told a media scrum after that speech that he respects Jetlines despite its management shuffles and delays.

“We learned a long time ago to always take everybody seriously, even when maybe you shouldn’t have to,” Saretsky said.

“I think that Jim’s departure – I don’t know the reasons behind it. It’s never good when a company loses a leader at the top. It signals either a different direction or an upset for a different reason. I won’t speculate on that.”
https://www.biv.com/article/2017/6/cana ... t-takeoff/

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

Wonder if he'll end up running WS ULCC

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

No, Bob Cummins was tapped to run WS ULCC.

express315
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by express315 »

Jim Scott is now co-owner of Flair.

privateer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by privateer »

So how is this going to get off the ground with freshly painted Flair 737s and Swoop?

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

This company only exists on paper. It's not even a thing yet. I'll believe it when I see a plane flying. I'll believe it when they'll be around 2 years after start up. Until then, it's just empty talk and promises of something that nobody was ever able to achieve. I say that, because even WS tried the low cost and quickly realized that is not possible in Canada. Ticket prices are more or less on par with Air Canada and have been for decades.

Das ist mir wurst...

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”