Qatar Airways in a bit of a pickle.

Post by Mr. North »

---------- ADS -----------

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Qatar Airways in a bit of a pickle.

Post by Eric Janson »

Not just Qatar - this has the potential to turn into WW3.

The mentality of the people in this region has to experienced to be believed- makes a conflict all the more likely imho.

This isn't getting much coverage in the mainstream media yet - it's pretty serious imho.

I'm typing this from Dubai International - glad to be on a plane out of here in a few hours.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
Mr. North
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mr. North »

I hope you have a comfortable flight home. I've done my fair share of travelling in the ME as well. While I'm glad to have spent time there, I was equally glad to leave. The money is certainly enticing, but the culture and political climate is just way to extreme for me.

As for the ME being a powder keg... just another lasting effect of British imperialism.

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

Yeah nobody fought in the middle east until the British.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

Janson,

Do you actually watch the news? If you're in Dubai then you would be watching CNN, BBC, Skye etc etc etc, it gets tons of coverage. Gulf News has HOURLY updates. To forecast that it might start WW3 is inflamatory and very very wrong. Certainly irresponsible for someone with your worldliness... :)

Fly safe.

GRK2

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

GRK2 wrote:Janson,

Do you actually watch the news? If you're in Dubai then you would be watching CNN, BBC, Skye etc etc etc, it gets tons of coverage. Gulf News has HOURLY updates. To forecast that it might start WW3 is inflamatory and very very wrong. Certainly irresponsible for someone with your worldliness... :)

Fly safe.

GRK2
I found almost no coverage on any of the TV channels in Dubai. Any coverage was solely about the travel ban and the Airlines.

The UAE government did have a news release announcing 15 years in jail for anyone publicly expressing support for Qatar in the UAE.

With the Saudis issuing ultimatums that Qatar cannot possibly meet, the Iranians blaming the Saudis for the recent attack, the Turks and Russians getting involved things are rapidly deteriorating.

Wars have started over a lot less than what is going on here.

Don't forget the various proxy wars already going on in the region (Yemen, Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan).

I sincerely hope I am wrong in my assessment - at the moment I'm not seeing anything but escalation.

There are much better articles on Zerohedge than anything I've read in the mainstream media.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”