Coming home after working overseas (ATPL)

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Coming home after working overseas (ATPL)

Post by complexintentions »

confusedalot wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:33 pmOnce again, it really depends on lifestyle choices.
Agree completely. Choice of lifestyle is completely subjective.

My only point really, was to try and correct a rather significant error in your "simple arithmetic" regarding pay parity.

@M. Essaie,

Appreciate your comments about taxation, you're right, they would be fairly minimal if one was not earning much, or retired. Return of capital, income-splitting, dividend tax credits, etc. But unfortunately there are other aspects of returning I find more disagreeable than the financial issues as time goes on. The weather, for one. But mostly the general cultural climate of being told more and more what to think and say, and then accused of being every type of -phobe under the sun if one voices disagreement. It's a troubling, uhealthy direction and as long as I have options I'm perfectly content to limit my time in Canada to visits with family and friends. A cheap Canadian dollar is just a nice bonus.
---------- ADS -----------

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
dumbbell daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dumbbell daddy »

@confusedalot

I really do get where you're coming from and your points are valid. There's one key difference. TAX. That shitty DC pension becomes even shittier because it will be taxed. If he or she is smart, an expats offshore savings WILL NOT. Also an expat Captain can probably save what a person at AC will in half the amount of time.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

complexintentions wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 pm
confusedalot wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:33 pmOnce again, it really depends on lifestyle choices.
Agree completely. Choice of lifestyle is completely subjective.

My only point really, was to try and correct a rather significant error in your "simple arithmetic" regarding pay parity.

@M. Essaie,

Appreciate your comments about taxation, you're right, they would be fairly minimal if one was not earning much, or retired. Return of capital, income-splitting, dividend tax credits, etc. But unfortunately there are other aspects of returning I find more disagreeable than the financial issues as time goes on. The weather, for one. But mostly the general cultural climate of being told more and more what to think and say, and then accused of being every type of -phobe under the sun if one voices disagreement. It's a troubling, uhealthy direction and as long as I have options I'm perfectly content to limit my time in Canada to visits with family and friends. A cheap Canadian dollar is just a nice bonus.
Gotta agree with you on the attempted mind control of the canadastan government. That is one huge pain in the you know where. 1984 in 2017 is what I see here. Having said that, nobody gives a hoot and nobody listens to that crap, and they go on with their lives.....

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”