Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Cockroaches?

Post by telex »

SuperchargedRS wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:26 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:00 pm RS -- Dude. You Got a lotta passion for this subject of Canadian pay. So I got a suggestion for you.

(Read slowly and carefully.)

Borrow a million or 2,

Start an aviation company,

Pay twice what everyone else is paying.

Lead by example, dude. With your dough.

We will all be inspired. I promise.

Sweet baby jesus.....

I am leading by example since I won't work for a crap paying airline....
You're an inspiration to low timers like me.
Can you provide a list of countries you deem acceptable for Canadians not to be labeled scabs or roaches and the minimum pay that would be acceptable to you?
Sharing your success and greatness with us is solid motivation to follow in your footsteps.
---------- ADS -----------

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
justwork
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by justwork »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:00 pm RS -- Dude. You Got a lotta passion for this subject of Canadian pay. So I got a suggestion for you.

Borrow a million or 2,

Sweet baby jesus.....

So you don’t work in Canada then?

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

The reason pilots aren't working in the states is because nobody wants to be a pilot there anymore. Word got out that they paid crap 2 years ago. Ergo, nobody went through training. Few new pilots. Now that pay went up, bad reputation takes a while to change. There isn't this mythical 50 000 FAA ATP pilots working at McD's waiting to fly a CRJ200 for 100g a year. The US airline industry has made the job so unappealing that nobody wanted to do it. Improve conditions to way above what was offered (and what Canada offers) and it still takes time for the reputation to change.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

goingnowherefast wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:34 pm The reason pilots aren't working in the states is because nobody wants to be a pilot there anymore. Word got out that they paid crap 2 years ago. Ergo, nobody went through training. Few new pilots. Now that pay went up, bad reputation takes a while to change. There isn't this mythical 50 000 FAA ATP pilots working at McD's waiting to fly a CRJ200 for 100g a year. The US airline industry has made the job so unappealing that nobody wanted to do it. Improve conditions to way above what was offered (and what Canada offers) and it still takes time for the reputation to change.

For one, the US has more qualified pilots than probably any other country.

For two most regional pilots ain't making 100kUSD a year clean (just off CBA)

For three lots of pilots making money in other facets of aviation, not hard to walk into a nice 135 gig with the same qualifications that a regional looks for.

Also the cost of flight training and lack of being able to borrow money for it has been a big factor in how many pilots have been getting churned out.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

justwork wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Borrow a million or 2,

Sweet baby jesus.....

So you don’t work in Canada then?
Currently no.

But I was also born just outside of studio city.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Oldguystrtn2fly wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:42 pm
confusedalot wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:15 pm Couple of things that ALPA calculated in the past...

''pilot pay'' constitutes 4% of total operating expenses.

If airfares were raised by 10-20 dollars per ticket, (so your 400 dollar ticket now costs 420 dollars), we wouldn't even be having this conversation, since there would not be a ''problem''.

Carry on.....

As an afterthought, few employees in the airline business, if any, make minimum wage.
If every industry did this, raised the cost to the consumer, so in fact everything increased in cost, would the raise to the worker actually mean anything? I mean they have to buy things too right.
My point exactly, every industry HAS raised prices over time, but airfares have gone down. So it's not really any surprise that some airline employee groups felt the heat with stagnant or reducing wages. Fuel, airframes, secretaries and other employee groups will not come down, and why should they if they get a better deal elsewhere, but airplane drivers are a captive audience who can.....only fly airplanes.....There are limited places where an air operator can cut, and driver salaries are one of those few places.

This thread made me think of my young years; I was flying a cessna 402 for 30000 a year in 1985, that would be 68000 in todays dollars. How much does a 402 driver make now?

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

telex wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:58 pm

Borrow a million or 2,

Sweet baby jesus.....

Can you provide a list of countries you deem acceptable for Canadians not to be labeled scabs or roaches and the minimum pay that would be acceptable to you?
Sharing your success and greatness with us is solid motivation to follow in your footsteps.
That's cute.

Who cares about fucking labels? You care what people think about you? Really? I care about my industry and my damn bank account.

To fly a 15 MILLION USD jet with 100 people aboard, starting wage needs to be 100kUSD STARTING, and by that I mean clean per the CBA.

And per countries, if you can't read what I reposted about that.. like 6 times, you lack the mental hardware to make it anyways, just put a app into Timmys now.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

SuperchargedRS wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:04 pm
telex wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:58 pm

Sweet baby jesus.....

That's cute.

Who cares about fucking labels? You care what people think about you? Really? I care about my industry and my damn bank account.

To fly a 15 MILLION USD jet with 100 people aboard, starting wage needs to be 100kUSD STARTING, and by that I mean clean per the CBA.

And per countries, if you can't read what I reposted about that.. like 6 times, you lack the mental hardware to make it anyways, just put a app into Timmys now.
I suppose you care about labels. Title of the thread is Cockroaches (started by you). That's a label. Then you go on to say it's better to just fix the Canadian industry rather than be a scab. That's another label. Provided by you.

You care about your bank account as most of us do but you have the envious position of judging what an acceptable income for everyone else is? How did you earn that position?

Is it the cost of the jet or the seating capacity which determines salary in your delusion? In your expert opinion who gets paid more; a B767 pilot with 260 passengers or a B787 pilot with 200 passengers?

100USD is 125CAN. I challenge you to find any direct entry captain job on any jet in Canada that pays your minimum. So is it a scab or a roach in these positions now?

I guess I'll continue being a sandwich artist to improve the industry and your bank account which you care so much about until I'm offered $125 000 to start.

As for the list of countries lacking pilots which you deem acceptable for a low timer like me to break in to the industry without being a roach or scab. I'm still waiting for your guidance. You can list them by region, company, aircraft type, or pay scale.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ever think anger therapy might be up your alley?

Calling any of your fellow brethren a “cockroach” based on what you seem to believe to be a betrayal but what might be a fellow who needs to put bread on the table for their family seems... pompous to say the least!

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

SuperchargedRS wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:51 pm
Basically the whole countries experienced pilot population is on "strike", they aren't going to work for crap pay, so the crap paying regionals are having staffing issues, thus are slowly raising their pay, though they still have a WAYS to go.

So if you were to come here because our crap paying regionals pay more than your super crap paying regionals you would be filling jobs that many US pilots refuse to fill due to working conditions/pay/etc, and that's undercutting US pilots who are actually slowly bringing the industry up by refusing to work for crap.
Oh what pompous bullshit. Give it a rest. You make it sound like the brave workers banded together and "DEMANDED" better conditions and pay, like some cheesy after-school tv special. When the truth is, you're enjoying the demographics of wages being so low for so long (Colgan, bitches) that no one went into the industry and now with the geezers retiring and airlines still growing, they're short. So they're paying more, a lot more. It's just economics. The only reason pilots are "refusing to fill" the lower-paying jobs is because there are more better-paying ones - for now. When those run out, oh hell yeah they'll be taking them.

In other words when the pendulum swings back the other way eventually, you'll be cheap little whores like everyone else, thankful to have a job and eager to work for crumbs or head overseas like many of your brethren did during the last recession. I was there. Not much cockiness then. Now they're flooding back from the Sandpit and there's a few types like you who think it's more than just luck of timing - as it always is.

About the only thing you're correct about is that if enough pilots were take the lower-paying jobs that you're "too good" for, it would put downwards pressure on wages and conditions. But you're being an asshat to try and preach to pilots just like yourself.

You remind me of Trump trying to take credit for aviation safety lol.Tell me, will he make the sun come up tomorrow too?

Now excuse me, I've got to find an American website I can join to make inflammatory comments and tell them what to do. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Mostly Harmless
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Mostly Harmless »

complexintentions wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:56 am Oh what pompous bullshit. Give it a rest. You make it sound like the brave workers banded together and "DEMANDED" better conditions and pay, like some cheesy after-school tv special. When the truth is, you're enjoying the demographics of wages being so low for so long (Colgan, bitches) that no one went into the industry and now with the geezers retiring and airlines still growing, they're short. So they're paying more, a lot more. It's just economics. The only reason pilots are "refusing to fill" the lower-paying jobs is because there are more better-paying ones - for now. When those run out, oh hell yeah they'll be taking them.

In other words when the pendulum swings back the other way eventually, you'll be cheap little whores like everyone else, thankful to have a job and eager to work for crumbs or head overseas like many of your brethren did during the last recession. I was there. Not much cockiness then. Now they're flooding back from the Sandpit and there's a few types like you who think it's more than just luck of timing - as it always is.

About the only thing you're correct about is that if enough pilots were take the lower-paying jobs that you're "too good" for, it would put downwards pressure on wages and conditions. But you're being an asshat to try and preach to pilots just like yourself.

You remind me of Trump trying to take credit for aviation safety lol.Tell me, will he make the sun come up tomorrow too?

Now excuse me, I've got to find an American website I can join to make inflammatory comments and tell them what to do. :mrgreen:

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

This thread is hilarious. Out of touch ramblings with sadistic, crude and half-assed replies from those who are bored and care just enough to type a response.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 am This thread is hilarious. Out of touch ramblings with sadistic, crude and half-assed replies from those who are bored and care just enough to type a response.

Sadistic?

I'd say it's sadistic to take low paying regional airline jobs and whine about low wages lol.

But I meant no disrespect for the folks making six figures, my comment was directed at the mention of flying for a US regional if one could.

As for the greenhorn guys question, start off with Asia and the Mid East to start.

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I don't have the time at the moment to read through 3 pages.

What I find really funny with the original post is that SuperchargedRS himself left Canada to go work in the US. So here's my question to SuperchargedRS:

What did you do to help the industry in Canada before going to the US?? Other than constantly stating your disgust with Confederation College on this forum.

Oldguystrtn2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Oldguystrtn2fly »

tbayav8er wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:34 pm Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I don't have the time at the moment to read through 3 pages.

What I find really funny with the original post is that SuperchargedRS himself left Canada to go work in the US. So here's my question to SuperchargedRS:

What did you do to help the industry in Canada before going to the US?? Other than constantly stating your disgust with Confederation College on this forum.
Well it's low hanging fruit but I'll take it. His leaving is what he did to help the industry in Canada.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

complexintentions wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:56 am
SuperchargedRS wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:51 pm
Basically the whole countries experienced pilot population is on "strike", they aren't going to work for crap pay, so the crap paying regionals are having staffing issues, thus are slowly raising their pay, though they still have a WAYS to go.

So if you were to come here because our crap paying regionals pay more than your super crap paying regionals you would be filling jobs that many US pilots refuse to fill due to working conditions/pay/etc, and that's undercutting US pilots who are actually slowly bringing the industry up by refusing to work for crap.
Oh what pompous bullshit. Give it a rest. You make it sound like the brave workers banded together and "DEMANDED" better conditions and pay, like some cheesy after-school tv special. When the truth is, you're enjoying the demographics of wages being so low for so long (Colgan, bitches) that no one went into the industry and now with the geezers retiring and airlines still growing, they're short. So they're paying more, a lot more. It's just economics. The only reason pilots are "refusing to fill" the lower-paying jobs is because there are more better-paying ones - for now. When those run out, oh hell yeah they'll be taking them.

Now excuse me, I've got to find an American website I can join to make inflammatory comments and tell them what to do. :mrgree
Have to agree with complex's view; timing is everything in life and there were quite a few seriously bad work situations in canada, 70% of my colleagues ended up overseas, 20% retired, 10% changed job descriptions, not because they wanted to, they HAD to.

Happy for you that you found an exit to the situation supercharged, I reiterate what others have noted, you are in fact lucky, and good for you, timing is on your side. Don't slag the others that were not as fortunate as you.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”