Cockroaches?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Mostly Harmless
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Cockroaches?

Post by Mostly Harmless »

complexintentions wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:56 am Oh what pompous bullshit. Give it a rest. You make it sound like the brave workers banded together and "DEMANDED" better conditions and pay, like some cheesy after-school tv special. When the truth is, you're enjoying the demographics of wages being so low for so long (Colgan, bitches) that no one went into the industry and now with the geezers retiring and airlines still growing, they're short. So they're paying more, a lot more. It's just economics. The only reason pilots are "refusing to fill" the lower-paying jobs is because there are more better-paying ones - for now. When those run out, oh hell yeah they'll be taking them.

In other words when the pendulum swings back the other way eventually, you'll be cheap little whores like everyone else, thankful to have a job and eager to work for crumbs or head overseas like many of your brethren did during the last recession. I was there. Not much cockiness then. Now they're flooding back from the Sandpit and there's a few types like you who think it's more than just luck of timing - as it always is.

About the only thing you're correct about is that if enough pilots were take the lower-paying jobs that you're "too good" for, it would put downwards pressure on wages and conditions. But you're being an asshat to try and preach to pilots just like yourself.

You remind me of Trump trying to take credit for aviation safety lol.Tell me, will he make the sun come up tomorrow too?

Now excuse me, I've got to find an American website I can join to make inflammatory comments and tell them what to do. :mrgreen:
---------- ADS -----------

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

This thread is hilarious. Out of touch ramblings with sadistic, crude and half-assed replies from those who are bored and care just enough to type a response.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 am This thread is hilarious. Out of touch ramblings with sadistic, crude and half-assed replies from those who are bored and care just enough to type a response.

Sadistic?

I'd say it's sadistic to take low paying regional airline jobs and whine about low wages lol.

But I meant no disrespect for the folks making six figures, my comment was directed at the mention of flying for a US regional if one could.

As for the greenhorn guys question, start off with Asia and the Mid East to start.

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I don't have the time at the moment to read through 3 pages.

What I find really funny with the original post is that SuperchargedRS himself left Canada to go work in the US. So here's my question to SuperchargedRS:

What did you do to help the industry in Canada before going to the US?? Other than constantly stating your disgust with Confederation College on this forum.

Oldguystrtn2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Oldguystrtn2fly »

tbayav8er wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:34 pm Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I don't have the time at the moment to read through 3 pages.

What I find really funny with the original post is that SuperchargedRS himself left Canada to go work in the US. So here's my question to SuperchargedRS:

What did you do to help the industry in Canada before going to the US?? Other than constantly stating your disgust with Confederation College on this forum.
Well it's low hanging fruit but I'll take it. His leaving is what he did to help the industry in Canada.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

complexintentions wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:56 am
SuperchargedRS wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:51 pm
Basically the whole countries experienced pilot population is on "strike", they aren't going to work for crap pay, so the crap paying regionals are having staffing issues, thus are slowly raising their pay, though they still have a WAYS to go.

So if you were to come here because our crap paying regionals pay more than your super crap paying regionals you would be filling jobs that many US pilots refuse to fill due to working conditions/pay/etc, and that's undercutting US pilots who are actually slowly bringing the industry up by refusing to work for crap.
Oh what pompous bullshit. Give it a rest. You make it sound like the brave workers banded together and "DEMANDED" better conditions and pay, like some cheesy after-school tv special. When the truth is, you're enjoying the demographics of wages being so low for so long (Colgan, bitches) that no one went into the industry and now with the geezers retiring and airlines still growing, they're short. So they're paying more, a lot more. It's just economics. The only reason pilots are "refusing to fill" the lower-paying jobs is because there are more better-paying ones - for now. When those run out, oh hell yeah they'll be taking them.

In other words when the pendulum swings back the other way eventually, you'll be cheap little whores like everyone else, thankful to have a job and eager to work for crumbs or head overseas like many of your brethren did during the last recession. I was there. Not much cockiness then. Now they're flooding back from the Sandpit and there's a few types like you who think it's more than just luck of timing - as it always is.

About the only thing you're correct about is that if enough pilots were take the lower-paying jobs that you're "too good" for, it would put downwards pressure on wages and conditions. But you're being an asshat to try and preach to pilots just like yourself.

You remind me of Trump trying to take credit for aviation safety lol.Tell me, will he make the sun come up tomorrow too?

Now excuse me, I've got to find an American website I can join to make inflammatory comments and tell them what to do. :mrgree
Have to agree with complex's view; timing is everything in life and there were quite a few seriously bad work situations in canada, 70% of my colleagues ended up overseas, 20% retired, 10% changed job descriptions, not because they wanted to, they HAD to.

Happy for you that you found an exit to the situation supercharged, I reiterate what others have noted, you are in fact lucky, and good for you, timing is on your side. Don't slag the others that were not as fortunate as you.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”