RAIC after travelling overseas

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Noo
Rank 2
Rank 2

RAIC after travelling overseas

Post by Noo »

I haven't held a RAIC for years but will need one again for a new job. I've vacationed overseas in one country for more than 90 days total in the past 5 years. I've also flown for a Canadian operator overseas for more than 90 days total in one country in the past 5 years. Should I be proactive and start getting police checks from these countries? I imagine it will take some time to get them. Or should I wait and see if they will request them or not? Anyone been in this situation recently? Is there any other supporting documents they may ask for? I'm nervous about getting denied due to my travel and overseas work.
---------- ADS -----------

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: RAIC after travelling overseas

Post by frog »

It just took me 9 months to renew mine cause I was more than 3 months abroad during the last 5 years.
But in your case I don't think you can do anything before beiing hired. Once hired you apply and ask for the security clearance. During the mean time you'll be provided with a temporary RAIC which will let you work during 6 months I believe. After the 6 months it could be extended if the permanent one isn't ready.

Noo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Noo »

Thanks frog. Did you have to obtain any police checks from the countries you visited or do they do all the checking themselves? Was there any other documentation they asked for to support your overseas travel?

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

They do all the checking by themselves.

When you fill the form, they ask you at what adress you were staying, if it was for the job, which employers...etc

Noo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Noo »

Ok thanks.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

frog wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:22 am They do all the checking by themselves.

When you fill the form, they ask you at what adress you were staying, if it was for the job, which employers...etc
They asked me for police record checks from my home country for the 5 year period before my RAIC application. I had to provide them and had to have them certified translated into English or French at my expense. Same with employment contracts etc. Was a very expensive application.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”