American Express (Premium Plaza) Lounge will now require a boarding pass

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

justwork
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: American Express (Premium Plaza) Lounge will now require a boarding pass

Post by justwork »

Rockie wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:41 am You aren't capable of getting me upset.
You read like you’re telling yourself that more than me.

You’re experiment, well, it’s stupid.
---------- ADS -----------

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

justwork wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:06 am You’re experiment, well, it’s stupid.
You almost sound afraid of doing it. Come on Justwork, if you can be an arrogant ass here why not in real life, don't you have the conviction of your opinions?

justwork
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by justwork »

Rockie wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:19 am
justwork wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:06 am You’re experiment, well, it’s stupid.
You almost sound afraid of doing it. Come on Justwork, if you can be an arrogant ass here why not in real life, don't you have the conviction of your opinions?
Chirp chirp chirp, in bunch your undies, the lounge in yyz will still take you for now.

snowcone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by snowcone »

Getting into the lounge is still easy. If you commute, your borading pass works. For those three hour breaks, just use you priority pass card that you get free from amex. All you need is a flight number.....no boarding pass necessary.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

godsrcrazy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:27 am I am glad they did this. To be honest it is sicking to hear the way people in their uniform talk. The pilots and F/A have to have some of the most immatureconversations i have ever heard in a Lounge. I have heard people say i hope they aren't flying our airplane.

Good on you AMEX i may even renew my card now.
Had a similar experience in Chicago this week as a pax. Twice our aircraft pushed back and started engines and twice we taxied back to the gate for an aircraft swap. Three hour delay in total so I went for a quick bite in a restaurant. Sat down in the restaurant beside American Eagle pilots complaining loudly to their union rep about the job with a pax husband and wife couple looking at me and rolling their eyes as some girl complained about how she already had a fever while flying and complaining about crew sched was asking her to work. Aside from wondering why she didn't call in sick, I remember specifically thinking...."I wonder if she came across like this during the interview"?. Not likely.

A bit more entertaining for me than for the pax, I suppose.

Last edited by pelmet on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

Maybe. Just maybe. If this industry wasn't 5hit, less ppl would complain. But, here we are.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Alcoholism wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:04 am Maybe. Just maybe. If this industry wasn't 5hit, less ppl would complain. But, here we are.
Well....are AC pilots paid 5hit.....
Rockie wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:15 pm They aren’t AMEX lounges Justwork, they are separate companies that AMEX pays a fee to when one of AMEX’s customers uses it. Those lounges and AMEX did honour that arrangement for crews for a long time whatever the written rule was. I didn’t know nor did I care that they would change their minds one day. It was good while it lasted.

They weren’t free meals either, you apparently don’t know what that card costs or the concept of indirect payment. You can also count me as one of those “stuffing their faces” on a short turnaround. Day 4 away from home in the middle of a multi-sector 12 hour day and it’s a welcome meal indeed despite how fast you have to eat it. Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it.

It appears like at least one AC pilot was using it. Maybe they are just not paid enough to be able to afford a regular meal. Or maybe he is just a.......

I think the arrangement was....you pay for the card and follow the rules as written. Sort of like how we are told the importance of following regulations and SOP's by the same folk on the Accident/incident forum.

At least I now I know the likely location of where thousands of angry Avcanada posts were made :lol:. During the short turnaround. By the way.....I believe big red does have onboard food for purchase if one if prefers to not be hungry during approach in anticipation of their 'breaking the fine print rules' meal in the lounge.

I only ever went there a couple of times and seeing as I never had an AMEX card, paid a daily fee of around 40 bucks if I remember correctly(maybe less). Would have been much better if they had reclining chairs for a power nap.

Anyways.....One of the most entertaining Avcanada threads in a long time. Fortunately, I have almost always gotten decent meals where I work, sometimes excellent meals.

Last edited by pelmet on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

pelmet wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am
Alcoholism wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:04 am Maybe. Just maybe. If this industry wasn't 5hit, less ppl would complain. But, here we are.
Let me fix that for you.
Well... AC pilots are 5hit...
And before some bent "pole jockey" AC pilot says I'm a pfo reject, nope. Never app'd to that disaster of a place. I just find it amusing how high and mighty AC pilots think of themselves, when nothing can be farther from the truth. Perhaps ACPA can work on the membership PR at the next Amex lounge meeting.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Alcoholism wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:43 am
Let me fix that for you.
And before some bent "pole jockey" AC pilot says I'm a pfo reject, nope. Never app'd to that disaster of a place. I just find it amusing how high and mighty AC pilots think of themselves, when nothing can be farther from the truth. Perhaps ACPA can work on the membership PR at the next Amex lounge meeting.
Kind of an unecessary insulting generalization and off topic.

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

I can say i travel a lot. I have only seen a Air Canada uniform in the lounges a few times. When they were there they said little to nothing. I don't want to turn this into a pi$$ing contest. However i will say this. Childish conversations along with sickening acronyms for SWOOP were all by West Jet flight crews. If there is a company crew that abused the system i would have to blame West Jet crew.

By the Way i don't work for AC

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Of course, one needs to use a little imagination when watching this video but......try to imagine one of our thread contributors as being the main character and as a pilot in uniform in this scene. It is a short turnaround and he has just used his AMEX card to get in the restaurant. I suppose the video has him as being a bit competitive with one of the business class passengers as well in this scene but remember, he does have a departure in less than an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDDAKdgQTM

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by infiniteregulus »

pelmet wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:16 am Of course, one needs to use a little imagination when watching this video but......try to imagine one of our thread contributors as being the main character and as a pilot in uniform in this scene. It is a short turnaround and he has just used his AMEX card to get in the restaurant. I suppose the video has him as being a bit competitive with one of the business class passengers as well in this scene but remember, he does have a departure in less than an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDDAKdgQTM
That's pretty funny hahahaha

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am It appears like at least one AC pilot was using it. Maybe they are just not paid enough to be able to afford a regular meal. Or maybe he is just a.......

....a paying customer?

....someone in need of a quick pre-made meal before rushing off for his next flight?

....someone looking for a quiet cup of tea away from the non-stop airport PA's?

I suppose I could blow a ton of my abundant Air Canada money on an extravagent Thai Express sit-down dinner during my 5 minutes of free time between flights, but then other paying customers like you would be delayed wouldn't they Pelmet? Whatever reasons aircrew have for using the lounge it's not for jumped up, self-appointed moralists like you to judge. It earns you nothing but a well deserved "go f**k yourself".

Ironman2909
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ironman2909 »

Alcoholism wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:43 am
Let me fix that for you.
Hahahahahaha.... a disaster of a place.... My god, what a good laugh!..... Dude, you may have not applied.... but read yourself and tell me your comment is not reflecting a bit of jealousy. Keep drinking the koolaid..... :roll:

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but it certainly isn't roses there from those I know that work there. And it isn't jealously, just head shaking at the ineptness of ACPA/membership. But as pointed out, off topic.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Alcoholism wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:04 am Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but it certainly isn't roses there from those I know that work there. And it isn't jealously, just head shaking at the ineptness of ACPA/membership. But as pointed out, off topic.
Ya you don’t sound jealous or bitter at all. Lol

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:59 am ....someone looking for a quiet cup of tea away from the non-stop airport PA's?

I suppose I could blow a ton of my abundant Air Canada money on an extravagent Thai Express sit-down dinner during my 5 minutes of free time between flights, but then other paying customers like you would be delayed wouldn't they Pelmet? Whatever reasons aircrew have for using the lounge it's not for jumped up, self-appointed moralists like you to judge. It earns you nothing but a well deserved "go f**k yourself".
I was thinking cheap bastard but I do feel bad for your awful situation.

I found a video for your situation, captain......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RcVzevWX4U

I can see it now..... Rockie presses SUBMIT for the AvCanada post, finishes his last mouthfull of ill-gotten grub at the lounge, stuffs some fruit in his pockets, walks off steaming mad to his flight and berates the copilot for something minor.

Of course, all this only after another bad AMEX restaurant experience for our very thrifty yet not fully knowledgeable main thread contributor.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jquWO-0VkII

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Re-read my advice for jumped up self-appointed moralists. Also applies to bad comedians and internet trolls.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

atphat wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:02 am
Alcoholism wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:04 am Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but it certainly isn't roses there from those I know that work there. And it isn't jealously, just head shaking at the ineptness of ACPA/membership. But as pointed out, off topic.
Ya you don’t sound jealous or bitter at all. Lol
Not of your ilk asshat/atphat

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

pelmet,

Shouldn't you be off somewhere starting another zillion threads answering questions no one asked, ever? :lol:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”