Fact

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Fact

Post by EPR »

The Halcyon days of aviation are long gone...it's true though, the biz seemed awesome back in the day ( watching VHS tapes of "Flight In The Cockpit" and B727's/DC9's blasting off into the wild blue yonder leaving a "man trail" of smoke and noise) I think I came too late to the party, even though I was inspired by the past, this was before my time.. I also just like that word "Halcyon" and all the dirty things associated with it! :wink: (and yes I understand the past has paved the way to today's CRM)
---------- ADS -----------

Keep the dirty side down.
complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Fact

Post by complexintentions »

I still very much enjoy going to work. Lamenting about the past is a waste of time. Those old documentaries are just the precursor to selfies, everyone showing themselves in the best possible light. Nice to look at, but hardly the whole story.

Try and enjoy what you have, not what you don't. I can assure you there are far worse ways to make a living than flying airplanes. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Fact

Post by confusedalot »

EPR wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 pm The Halcyon days of aviation are long gone...it's true though, the biz seemed awesome back in the day ( watching VHS tapes of "Flight In The Cockpit" and B727's/DC9's blasting off into the wild blue yonder leaving a "man trail" of smoke and noise) I think I came too late to the party, even though I was inspired by the past, this was before my time.. I also just like that word "Halcyon" and all the dirty things associated with it! :wink: (and yes I understand the past has paved the way to today's CRM)

Yes, the good days are aover, and hey I am not that old at 59.

Before, you went to work and everybody had fun.

Now......god help you if you missed on dot or one comma in your breifing, god help you if you made a good hearted joke that some primadonna considers to be offensive; yer butt will be menaced with job loss.........

But hey, it is happening all over. Miss the flying, don't miss the backstabbing bullshit.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”