Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Swoop offering yearly bonuses?

Post by tbaylx »

tailgunner wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 am Eyebrow 737,
What changed big fella? In 2016 you posted this in regards to our Australian brothers. Swoop has also looked for foreign pilots to fill their ranks versus WJ pilots...

"I would urge all those to stand up with our Australian brothers against the practice of not importing foreign pilots to not apply for these positions. It is immoral to import pilots to do work when there are plenty of Australian pilots available to fill these positions.

We would hate to appear to be hypocrites wouldn't we."
Cheers
Try and be factual. There are no foreign pilots at swoop. They were looking for contract line indoc pilots for a 20 day contract. That’s a lot different than using “foreign pilots to fill their ranks”
We would hate to let facts ruin our argument wouldn’t we :roll:
---------- ADS -----------

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

TBA,
Are you sure there are no foreign pilots already on the Swoop roster? You seem to know a lot about the Swoop operation. They have advertised, apparently hired some foreign pilots already. That fills their ranks .....

Eyebrow,
I understand that you may have come from Cargojet within the last two years. So maybe, indeed you are an AC pilot now....
Are you still harbouring a bruise from a failed WJ interview a few years ago?
Look forward to flying with you on the line.
Cheers.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

tailgunner wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 am Eyebrow 737,
What changed big fella? In 2016 you posted this in regards to our Australian brothers. Swoop has also looked for foreign pilots to fill their ranks versus WJ pilots...

"I would urge all those to stand up with our Australian brothers against the practice of not importing foreign pilots to not apply for these positions. It is immoral to import pilots to do work when there are plenty of Australian pilots available to fill these positions.

We would hate to appear to be hypocrites wouldn't we."
Cheers
And now you have to be schooled on the nuance's of sarcasm. If you can't see the sarcasm in that statement, even WestJet is too good for you.

Tailgunner, you started off with low credibility and with each reply lost more. You are bordering on a negative by now.

To the issue in hand, we will see how your blacklist works. Actions will be stronger than words.

Don't expect another reply from me.

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

Most airlines have some sort of "bonus" for retention, signing a contract, etc. Plus, how can one be mad for low pay and at the same time having a bonus!?

High emotions and misplaced anger, not to mention juvenile comments are not helpful, as jumpseats are to be given as per company guidelines.

Maritimer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Maritimer »

cloak wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:27 am Most airlines have some sort of "bonus" for retention, signing a contract, etc. Plus, how can one be mad for low pay and at the same time having a bonus!?

High emotions and misplaced anger, not to mention juvenile comments are not helpful, as jumpseats are to be given as per company guidelines.

No one controls the jump seat but the two guys up front, more specifically, the skipper. If they say it’s a no go, then it’s a no go. Period

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

cloak wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:27 am Most airlines have some sort of "bonus" for retention, signing a contract, etc. Plus, how can one be mad for low pay and at the same time having a bonus!?

Cloak, the problem with propping up low(shit) pay with bonuses is when the market changes and there are plenty of pilots applying, the bonus disappears and the shit pay remains.
They didn’t start by offering a bonus, presumably the bonus was offered to attract more qualified pilots after they realized there wasn’t enough applying.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

sicamore wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:06 pm
saltypilot wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:49 pm
sicamore wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:18 pm

I know quite a number of good people who are now working at swoop and count a number of them as friends. Friends with families to support and who applied for a job at an airline that was advertised.

If I hear of any blacklisting or agressive tactics against these pilots, you can bet the last time a WestJet pilot jumpseated with me will be the last. That will also include any hiring down the line that I am involved in.

Pick your fight with the management, not the pilots otherwise you will be fair game in my books.
Hey Sicamore,

Not a problem. Let’s see how it all shakes out ;) My original post stands. Let’s just call it my own personal belief so you can take it solely out on me if you like.
Give me your name and I will otherwise, WestJet pilots it will be.

About time as well. As far as many are concerned you are all overpaid seat cleaners and bad comedians over the intercom who are responsible for dragging this industry and the profession down to new lows.

Maybe it would be the best outcome of this little drama that WestJet were to fold and maybe then pilots would once again have a little respect in themselves and their profession.

When you joined WestJet, you lost the respect of 91% of the pilots out there.
Good guys (smart) don't break hiring bans and effectively thumb their noses to 2000 WJ pilots, ALPA, and ACPA. It's like messing around with someone's wife while they're at counseling, it's kinda frowned upon, and you deserve what you get. Since youre threatening jump seat privileges I'd like to know who you work for? Furthermore I wouldn't have allowed a swoop scab in my flightdeck either.
Oh yes we groom, and yes wj lowered the bar, but were trying to fix that. Still have an issue?

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

saltypilot wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:02 pm If any of you Whoopsters are reading this, hear me now, good luck EVER getting a jumpseat....not that I expect you to care but you’ve lost the respect of, at the very least, 91% of Westjet Pilots.
Russ, if I hear you denying a jumpseat to a Swoop pilot for political reasons, you can forget having the jumpseat in my flight deck when trying to get home to YYT? Capiche?

Maybe climb back down from that high horse you're own and start to show some of that Newfoundlander hospitality...

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 pm
saltypilot wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:02 pm If any of you Whoopsters are reading this, hear me now, good luck EVER getting a jumpseat....not that I expect you to care but you’ve lost the respect of, at the very least, 91% of Westjet Pilots.
Russ, if I hear you denying a jumpseat to a Swoop pilot for political reasons, you can forget having the jumpseat in my flight deck when trying to get home to YYT? Capiche?

Maybe climb back down from that high horse you're own and start to show some of that Newfoundlander hospitality...
They’ll be able to travel reciprocal js on my Jazz flights however I will inform of what a piece of s**t they are

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Maritimer wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 am

No one controls the jump seat but the two guys up front, more specifically, the skipper. If they say it’s a no go, then it’s a no go. Period
Oh god, not this again.

Sure, legally you can refuse anyone you want on your flight. Even paying passengers. Or your CEO. Doesn't mean there won't be consequences. If you start doing this within a company to your fellow pilots, and it results in missed flights and complaints, you will have to do some explaining.

If you do this to companies you have reciprocal jumpseat agreements with, you will have to explain yourself. If it happens a lot, you, and possibly your whole company will lose the reciprocal jumpseat agreements.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Maritimer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Maritimer »

digits_ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:31 am

Oh god, not this again.

Sure, legally you can refuse anyone you want on your flight. Even paying passengers. Or your CEO. Doesn't mean there won't be consequences. If you start doing this within a company to your fellow pilots, and it results in missed flights and complaints, you will have to do some explaining.

If you do this to companies you have reciprocal jumpseat agreements with, you will have to explain yourself. If it happens a lot, you, and possibly your whole company will lose the reciprocal jumpseat agreements.
Dude, I don’t know where you work but I can assure you you that people get denied the jumpseat at WJ all the time.

To be clear, I’m not referring to reciprocal jumpseat passengers, as I’m sure no one else here is either. We are talking about the flight deck jumpseat only. And that my friend is 100% controlled by the 2 guys up front for that particular flight. When the CSA walks on board and askes “hey guys, are you willing to take a jump?” That’s our call only and no, you won’t hear boo about it.

Last edited by Maritimer on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Maritimer wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:54 pm We are talking about the flight deck jumpseat only. And that my friend is 100% controlled by the 2 guys up front for that particular fight.
My apologies, I was indeed talking about "jumpseaters" in the cabin. No idea how it works for jumpseaters in the cockpit at WJ.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

digits_ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:31 am

Oh god, not this again.

Does this include that Westjet clown on an Air Canada recip JS who bought everyone Pizza at 1am and made a big stink about it?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”