US Regional Hiring Australian Pilots

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jd832
Rank 2
Rank 2

US Regional Hiring Australian Pilots

Post by jd832 »

The following link is a recruitment ad for Australia's.

https://www.aviationjobs.me/2018/06/emb ... s.html?m=1
---------- ADS -----------

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: US Regional Hiring Australian Pilots

Post by matthew.oommen »

In the past few months, I know of quite a few part 121s hiring Canadians as well, and taking care of their visas. They’re getting pretty desperate. Good way to end up in one of the majors there though, do a couple of years at a regional like Skywest or endeavour and go from there.

sampsonmcd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sampsonmcd »

matthew.oommen wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:40 am In the past few months, I know of quite a few part 121s hiring Canadians as well, and taking care of their visas. They’re getting pretty desperate. Good way to end up in one of the majors there though, do a couple of years at a regional like Skywest or endeavour and go from there.
What companies are hiring Canadians and taking care of their visa's? Maybe you know something I don't but I'm pretty sure these rumours have been going around for ages and are BS. Skywest and Endeavour are not sponsoring visas for Canadians. I know this because I've actually contacted them, I'd love to move down south. Air Wisconsin does 2-3 H1B's a year, but after contacting them as well they literally said to me that people on online forums have misunderstood and spread info that isnt true.

They are desperate, but there is little evidence to suggest they will be hiring Canadians. If they ever do though, its going to be a hard time keeping people in this frozen tundra.

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by matthew.oommen »

sampsonmcd wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:02 pm
matthew.oommen wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:40 am In the past few months, I know of quite a few part 121s hiring Canadians as well, and taking care of their visas. They’re getting pretty desperate. Good way to end up in one of the majors there though, do a couple of years at a regional like Skywest or endeavour and go from there.
What companies are hiring Canadians and taking care of their visa's? Maybe you know something I don't but I'm pretty sure these rumours have been going around for ages and are BS. Skywest and Endeavour are not sponsoring visas for Canadians. I know this because I've actually contacted them, I'd love to move down south. Air Wisconsin does 2-3 H1B's a year, but after contacting them as well they literally said to me that people on online forums have misunderstood and spread info that isnt true.

They are desperate, but there is little evidence to suggest they will be hiring Canadians. If they ever do though, its going to be a hard time keeping people in this frozen tundra.
I won’t name companies on here, but I got offered H1Bs by two regionals in the spring based on references down there. It’s happening, but yes being far and few between, maybe who you know, not what you know. Also, I have an FAA License and have flown a bit down there, so that might have something to do with it.

willfly4food
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by willfly4food »

To the OP, Australia's version of NAFTA with 'merika has a provision for labour mobility for pilots at the regional level. I believe it is only at the regional level though and moving up to a major requires sponsorship (not going to happen) or a full PR/Citizenship.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

I've heard of 2 us regionals hiring Canadian pilots, helping with visas, it's a positive sign.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

Air Wisconsin will sponsor H1Bs, not sure who else will. None of the "good" ones do from my emails at least.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Was talking with some Horizon Air crews and they are hiring like crazy, even taking rotary wing pilots with no FW time except their conversion training straight into the Q, but not one of them personally knew a Canadian who'd been hired.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”