Things you respect about your fellow pilots.

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Things you respect about your fellow pilots.

Post by DanWEC »

Lets hear about a fellow pilot you really respect, and have learned from. Maybe you learned to correct a bad habit you didn't even know you had, maybe they did something fantastic for crew or passengers.
Maybe it was going out of their way to help someone, maybe a respectable work ethic, maybe a bottomless chasm of information, or maybe it's just an attitude that really made a 3 day pairing a pleasure.

Let's keep this one rolling.

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Things you respect about your fellow pilots.

Post by FL007 »

Guys/girls that explain why they are making the decisions they are, even if I don't agree with all of them. Way better than deviation of sops just because.

You feel way more comfortable in a pairing knowing you can communicate with the person sensibly.

Aoue007
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Things you respect about your fellow pilots.

Post by Aoue007 »

Communication and openness. I respect people who are willing to consider they may have made a mistake, or there might be a better idea they haven’t thought of. I respect people who are able to deliver constructive criticism while putting effort not to come off as arrogant or superior. I respect people who are willing to gain knowledge, and share their own. I respect people who share their passion of flying and work as a team.

Good idea for a thread. Positive vibes are always the best vibes.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”