Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Getting a new headset

Post by tbayav8er »

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about getting a new headset that's light weight, has good audio quality, and won't break the bank.

I was thinking of getting a set of Bose QC25's and putting a ufly mike on it.

Any suggestions, or anyone have any comments on that setup?

I've got a set of DC H20-10's. It's a great headset, but a little uncomfortable for a long day of flying. It's bullet proof, but that kind of bulkiness and durability isn't really important with an airline job.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Getting a new headset

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

The QC25 is a great setup.

If the headset breaks, you replace the headset. If the mic breaks, you replace the mic.

I have yet to have anything fail on it after 2 years. Since I only fly one bird, I leave the mic plugged in and take the Bose home.

Can't say enough good things.

S.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

Lightweight and not too expensive , clarity aloft fits the bill.

rob-air
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rob-air »

I use Qc 25 and this http://www.aviation.leosounds.de/Galerie-en.htm . Also fits the Qc 35. I really like the setup, use it in a fairly noisy airplane, the anr is great the headset is light and comfortable. Best part is without the mic assembly you use it as regular headset, very good sound quality for music on DH or commuting flights. you can always get the headset from bestbuy and take it for a spin to see if you like it, there is a 30 days return policy......

young grasshopper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by young grasshopper »

I’ve had the QC25/Ufly combo for about three months. I had an issue with the mic cutting out last week, so I emailed them to see if they had any suggestions. I then received a quick response apologizing, and a tracking number for the new mic that they had just sent. It arrived 3 days later (pretty impressive as I’m based in YZF).

So far, I’ve been very impressed with it and believe it holds up to the Bose A20 (which I had previously used for about 7 years). I feel like you need to take a little better care of the Bose’s as they aren’t ‘bullet proof’ like the DC’s, but that’s not a biggie for me.

Good luck with your decision!

JB

YG
tbayav8er
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tbayav8er »

Thanks guys! I'll look into those setups! The thing I like about the idea of having bose headphones with a mic that can be removed is that I can use them while I'm deadheading to listen to music or just drown out the noise of the plane so I can rest.

florch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by florch »

I still have my 7 year old QC15 UFly mike that my dog chewed. They keep working. If it died tomorrow, I'd replace with the newest QC and UFly combo. Light, comfortable, good quality.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”