You get what you pay for

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

You get what you pay for

Post by Old fella »

---------- ADS -----------

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: You get what you pay for

Post by montado »

undisclosed “operational reasons.”

As in we were to cheap to pay for crew, or to cheap to fix the airplane, or to cheap to pay for fuel. So now you are stuck to find your way on your own becuase we were also to cheap to have customer service reps or a call centre to help you make other arrangements.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Yup. I love how the (cheap percentage) of the flying public praise companies such as Swoop, Flair, "Newleaf", and what's that pipe dream "Canada Jet Lines"(?), that only exists on social media? Anyway, that's what you get when you cheap out.

Das ist mir wurst...
YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

Let's not pretend for even a nanosecond that this doesn't happen with mainline carriers and with larger, more established charter operations as well: just recently, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet ... delay.html.

Airlines have convinced their customers that the industry is built on high, uniform and heavily regulated safety standards. They have failed to differentiate themselves on operational reliability or in training their customers that this matters. And they run endless price promotions and seasonal specials. As a result, airline passengers have been trained to take safety for granted, have no understanding of how complex normal airline operations can be, let alone IROPS, and so focus on the carriers' price dog whistles. Why is anyone surprised at this outcome?

There isn't a business around that doesn't face pervasive, ongoing price pressures from its customers - what makes the airline business so sacrosanct? While it's fun to trash talk cheap airline customers, as we really seem to enjoy doing on this site, how about we reserve the venom for management teams that fail to deliver on the service levels they're promised, and for which they are paid to deliver?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

YYZSaabGuy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:25 am Let's not pretend for even a nanosecond that this doesn't happen with mainline carriers and with larger, more established charter operations as well: just recently, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet ... delay.html.

Airlines have convinced their customers that the industry is built on high, uniform and heavily regulated safety standards. They have failed to differentiate themselves on operational reliability or in training their customers that this matters. And they run endless price promotions and seasonal specials. As a result, airline passengers have been trained to take safety for granted, have no understanding of how complex normal airline operations can be, let alone IROPS, and so focus on the carriers' price dog whistles. Why is anyone surprised at this outcome?

There isn't a business around that doesn't face pervasive, ongoing price pressures from its customers - what makes the airline business so sacrosanct? While it's fun to trash talk cheap airline customers, as we really seem to enjoy doing on this site, how about we reserve the venom for management teams that fail to deliver on the service levels they're promised, and for which they are paid to deliver?
Ok fair enough. It is hard to figure out the structure of these low cost carriers operations in Europe. This airline(Level) is tied in with Iberia From what I can see( old faithful Google) similar to OpenSkies and BA. One could suggest tis AC/Rouge and WJ/Scoop , along those lines , however Level has 2 A330 for its international routes- Google again. But whatever, for me personally when I see such really low fares for trans Atlantic flights(we are planning some), my antenna is fully extended and due diligence is at 100%.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

You can blame the customer, I like a good deal like the next guy but I exclude certain carriers and or countries from my search. Partly due to industry knowledge but also paying attention to the news or social media.
If I were shopping around and a deal came up that was worth exploring, that’s what I do, I explore further.
So do your homework before buying the cheapest flight, if you don’t, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Redwine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Redwine »

You go cheap, you get cheap.

...Seems they are going to remove the axe and the control column from the cockpits for security reasons.
tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

We're Level Air and we don't care. You just can't buy free publissity like this. :smt014

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”