GGN ALPA and CUPE NEGOTIATION HELL

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

skytrucker
Rank 1
Rank 1

GGN ALPA and CUPE NEGOTIATION HELL

#1 Post by skytrucker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:39 pm

The old and current contract pilots and fas are working under is better than what GGN Management intends to offer ALPA and CUPE. :smt014 Threats from the Big North End have gone as low as taking away all travel passes if pilots don’t agree to sign. Ggn wants increased duty days and less rest . Think safety and STRIKE. It’s the only way to deal with delusional greedy management.
---------- ADS -----------

805ITT
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: GGN ALPA and CUPE NEGOTIATION HELL

#2 Post by 805ITT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 am

CUPE and GGN reached a tentative deal last week so it can’t be as doom and gloomy as skytrucker suggests.

PRM1
Rank 1
Rank 1

#3 Post by PRM1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:18 am

Or it is just that bad and management is delusional.

Inverted2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#4 Post by Inverted2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:53 am

The ALPA newsletter I recently got says they are going to arbitration because management has only attended 2 negotiations meetings. True?

PRM1
Rank 1
Rank 1

#5 Post by PRM1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:26 am

Sounds about right

805ITT
Rank 2
Rank 2

#6 Post by 805ITT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 am

Hi,

Not true, there have been many dates for bargaining scheduled this year plus 16 dates until the end of the year to work towards a TA.

A TA has been completed with Unifor, a tentative TA has been agreed to with CUPE. We respect ALPA’s right for conciliation but would like to be at the bargaining table with them.

PRM1
Rank 1
Rank 1

#7 Post by PRM1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Scheduled dates and meetings attended by both sides of the bargaining table are two very different things...

PRM1
Rank 1
Rank 1

#8 Post by PRM1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:06 pm

805ITT wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 am
Hi,

Not true, there have been many dates for bargaining scheduled this year plus 16 dates until the end of the year to work towards a TA.

A TA has been completed with Unifor, a tentative TA has been agreed to with CUPE. We respect ALPA’s right for conciliation but would like to be at the bargaining table with them.
What’s even more troubling is that GGN is Avcanada’s biggest advertiser and those advertisements are constantly bragging about GGN’s hiring practices.

The reality here is that they are actively threatening to furlough the 1900 pilot group after telling them that their employment at the company is safe and that they shouldn’t worry.

To me, it looks like GGN is up against a wall, faced with an impending strike action caused by the constant state of denial by which, the company has been operating under for some years now. Instead of playing fair and meeting ALPA to come to a fair solution for both parties through good faith bargaining, GGN management has decided the best action plan is to fear monger, threaten, and blatantly ignore the Canadian labour code to solve their “little” problem.

I’m sure that this comment will be deleted in short time like all other posts that shed light on GGN’s deplorable ways, so get it while it’s hot people.

speedah
Rank 1
Rank 1

#9 Post by speedah » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:59 pm

SHITHOLE!

I can’t imagine those clowns being able to run the place with a reasonable profit if a contract is signed.

skytrucker
Rank 1
Rank 1

#10 Post by skytrucker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:52 am

PRM1 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:06 pm
805ITT wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 am
Hi,

What’s even more troubling is that GGN is Avcanada’s biggest advertiser and those advertisements are constantly bragging about GGN’s hiring practices.

The reality here is that they are actively threatening to furlough the 1900 pilot group after telling them that their employment at the company is safe and that they shouldn’t worry.

To me, it looks like GGN is up against a wall, faced with an impending strike action caused by the constant state of denial by which, the company has been operating under for some years now. Instead of playing fair and meeting ALPA to come to a fair solution for both parties through good faith bargaining, GGN management has decided the best action plan is to fear monger, threaten, and blatantly ignore the Canadian labour code to solve their “little” problem.

I’m sure that this comment will be deleted in short time like all other posts that shed light on GGN’s deplorable ways, so get it while it’s hot people.
Your post deserves a Nobel Prize .

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

#11 Post by proper » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 am

We all know Ggn management is evil.
Adapt or die. They are accountable to shareholders and if they don't give to the employee group.... They will be replaced. That will be a day I happily cheers to.
Go forth Ggn pilots, you have all of Alpa behind you. The 61000 members have been where you are at one time or another. DONT LET TYRANNY WIN!

PRM1
Rank 1
Rank 1

#12 Post by PRM1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:31 am

proper wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 am
Adapt or die. They are accountable to shareholders and if they don't give to the employee group.... They will be replaced. That will be a day I happily cheers to.
Go forth Ggn pilots, you have all of Alpa behind you. The 61000 members have been where you are at one time or another. DONT LET TYRANNY WIN!
AMEN! :prayer:

Inverted2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#13 Post by Inverted2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:52 am

I give this thread about a day till it's deleted. :mrgreen:

PS guys it's great you have ALPA batting for you. Good luck.

Anticyclone
Rank 2
Rank 2

#14 Post by Anticyclone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 am

proper wrote:
Are you guys trying to fight " an evil management " with the same ALPA that crumbled Jazz and express salaries not too long ago :vom: by the way im a pilot on the pilot side, Always.

iflyroads
Rank 4
Rank 4

#15 Post by iflyroads » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:18 am

Anticyclone wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 am
proper wrote:
Are you guys trying to fight " an evil management " with the same ALPA that crumbled Jazz and express salaries not too long ago :vom: by the way im a pilot on the pilot side, Always.
GGN wasnt represented by ALPA when that LOU was signed. They certified with ALPA almost two years ago now. That LOU was also signed in 2013 without a vote or pilots knowledge at that time.

I wish the folks there the best of luck. Tough spot to be in.

Inverted2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#16 Post by Inverted2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:20 am

Anticyclone wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 am
proper wrote:
That whole fiasco was done by AC management who also brought us Rouge. They make GGN management look tame. ALPA couldn't do much. If they held out for better pay at one regional, they would have moved it to one of the others. That's why we need a strong Union or we would all be working under GGN conditions.

GATRKGA
Rank 2
Rank 2

#17 Post by GATRKGA » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:07 pm

I wish you guys the best boys and girls. Make sure you stand together on strike mandates so that you give your negotiating committee a powerful stance. No body here is going to lose their jobs. And if you do, the industry is booming. Look at it as a paid vacation, as ALPA fights them in court, gets you your jobs back with additional loss of income applications, while you've been flying for another outfit anyway. Every one is hiring.

This thread and the events that played out at WJ is hopefully a really good lesson for management at SKY REGIONAL execs to study and learn from. Certification is any day I hear.

skytrucker
Rank 1
Rank 1

#18 Post by skytrucker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:27 pm

[/quote]

ALPA has done more for the GGN pilots than anyone . I commend them for standing up against tyranny . So how can you be a pilot on the pilot side ? That's truth and that's what needs to be stopped.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”