Interesting

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Interesting

Post by Old fella »

---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Interesting

Post by altiplano »

Dr Jaymie Heilman

I can't imagine how bad she must feel having appropriated a position in academia that should have gone to an afro-latin intersectionalist. I suppose they couldn't get someone ethically qualified to teach in Edmonton though...

Poor woman, how much energy was consumed publishing those books? How much CO2 was generated just taking about them... she must feel horrible... or maybe she's going those drugs she's increasingly interested in...

Research

I am a historian of Latin America and the Caribbean, focusing on indigenous political activism and radical politics in twentieth-century Peru. I am increasingly interested in the history of illicit drugs in Peru, Mexico and across Latin America and the Caribbean. Methodologically, I combine oral history interviews with archival research.

My book Before the Shining Path explores the precursors of Peru’s Shining Path war, examining indigenous peasants’ political projects from the 1890s until 1980. My book Now Peru is Mine, co-authored with the indigenous peasant activist Manuel Llamojha Mitma, traces Llamojha’s activism across the twentieth century. My current project examines Latin American drug history during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.

Teaching

I teach courses in Latin American history and the history of illicit drugs. My courses pay particular attention to issues of race, class, and gender, and they highlight the ideas, experiences, and activism of indigenous peoples and peoples of African descent. I have supervised graduate students writing on a diverse range of topics, including Colombian drug history, Afro-Peruvian activism, and Nicaragua's Contras.

And then there's Dr. Peter Kalmus... the environmental scientist she quoted at the start of the article... Launching all those rockets with NASA? How was that on the environment?

Let alone advocating for US democracy while calling for a time of Civil War/Revolution against the wealthy and an elected government (how are wars on the environment?), as he gushes over AOC and her pals.

These are two fine examples of academics that do not live in the real world... they have never held real jobs... they have spent their adult lives in an echo chamber backslapping over who can lay down the most virtue. They are disconnected elitists.

Thus we see a history professor jumping on the environmental studies professor's coattails to eke out a bit more standing beyond her own field, which of course is ripe with its own mine of virtue via advocating oppressed intersectionals in Latin America.

They are hypocrites. So busy head shaking and tsk tsking I'm pretty sure they're dizzy...

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: Interesting

Post by Old fella »

I bet a good many academics/tenured Professors have a different view, I mean research and travel is an essential component of academic freedom so are all not gonna jump on that silly bandwagon on no flying. There are odd ball views & positions everywhere(yes, including aviation) however I am not of the view this kind of thinking is rampant in the world of Universities. It was interesting to see that(no flying) point of view ,foolish as it is.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”