Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Redwine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Boeing 737MAX test pilot

Post by Redwine »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethi ... SKBN1WX2LE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/tr ... story.html

""The emails confirm Mark Forkner told the FAA in January 2017 that the company would delete references to a key safety system known as MCAS from the operator’s manual “because it is outside the normal operating envelope.” ""

"The MCAS was “running rampant” in the simulator, Forkner wrote."

These emails will destroy the 737MAX program. I seriously don't think this plane will get certified until 2022, and that's IF it gets certified. There are simply far too many lawsuits and hearings that will drag on for months and months and months,,,,

The board of directors should all be thrown in jail for this major scandal.

Boeing CEO to testify at the end of October to congress.
---------- ADS -----------

...Seems they are going to remove the axe and the control column from the cockpits for security reasons.
boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Boeing 737MAX test pilot

Post by boeingboy »

Blah...blah...blah.

We all know your a Boeing hater. Please stop jumping at every little negative thing like it's the end of the world. Nothing has changed in about the last 5 months.

It will fly again and soon. If you don't like it....bid a different airplane, and/or avoid flying on it all together.

Geez...enough already. :roll:

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

boeingboy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:06 am Blah...blah...blah.

We all know your a Boeing hater. Please stop jumping at every little negative thing like it's the end of the world. Nothing has changed in about the last 5 months.

It will fly again and soon. If you don't like it....bid a different airplane, and/or avoid flying on it all together.

Geez...enough already. :roll:
Must be nice to armchair quarterback huh?

If it was you flying those planes you just as dead as the rest of them. So quit trying to act like you either have some ungodly skills or know more than everyone else .

This design was sh*t and you know it. Quit trolling.

I’ll give you credit for stupidest quote of the month though : “ splashed a perfectly serviceable airplane “

Go back to Microsoft Flight sim, Ace Pilot

Just callin it like it is.
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

This really doesn't have anything to do with fixing the plane. MCAS has already been completely redesigned.

It will have an impact the investigation on how the plane managed to get certified erroneously in the first place.

I hope the fixed plane is flying again soon, with proper crew training. I hope Boeing and the FAA pay dearly for their mistakes. I'd be happy to see some managers and executives in jail, just like diesel gate. This will be affecting Boeing's reputation for 20+ years, and the true financial impact from such is unfathomable. It probably cost them a thousand max sales over the remaining life of the product. Consider the 787 battery issues as well, and nobody will want to fly a new Boeing plane.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

"Consider the 787 battery issues as well, and nobody will want to fly a new Boeing plane"

Whats that got to do with the MCAS debacle? It didn't cause nearly as many problems, the aircraft was grounded for the fix, and there were none of the political ramifications we see with the MAX. It's fixed and no one cares any more. I operate this aircraft for a living. The two issues aren't even close. Pick another comparison. Yours is not relevant.

"I'm not flying this 787 because the battery caught fire twice in 2013" Said no one ever...

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

It points to the quality of the products. I was also referring to the operators, the entities buying the plane. What's to say the 797 or "767 max" won't have a design flaw that grounds the plane for a month or 10? I don't see any A350 groundings, maybe Goingnowherefast Airlines will be an Airbus customer instead.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

GRK2 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:57 am "Consider the 787 battery issues as well, and nobody will want to fly a new Boeing plane"

Whats that got to do with the MCAS debacle? It didn't cause nearly as many problems, the aircraft was grounded for the fix, and there were none of the political ramifications we see with the MAX. It's fixed and no one cares any more. I operate this aircraft for a living. The two issues aren't even close. Pick another comparison. Yours is not relevant.

"I'm not flying this 787 because the battery caught fire twice in 2013" Said no one ever...
The battery issue was lucky not to have killed any passengers. Otherwise, this debacle would have started back then. It is very relevant.

kevind
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by kevind »

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

GRK2 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:57 am "I'm not flying this 787 because the battery caught fire twice in 2013" Said no one ever...
Said a lot of folks in 2013, so much so, the aircraft was parked until a solution to the issue was implemented.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

You guys maybe missed my point, no one (passengers) cares and remembers and swears that they'll never fly the 787 because of the battery issue. The sad thing is that after a bit of time the MAX crashes will fade and for cheap tix, the same "Ill never fly in one again" crowd will happily hop in!

As for relevancy it's certainly relevant to the pilots and operators but the masses won't care after a while.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

GRK2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:36 pm You guys maybe missed my point, no one (passengers) cares and remembers and swears that they'll never fly the 787 because of the battery issue. The sad thing is that after a bit of time the MAX crashes will fade and for cheap tix, the same "Ill never fly in one again" crowd will happily hop in!

As for relevancy it's certainly relevant to the pilots and operators but the masses won't care after a while.
I bet the masses couldn’t tell the difference between all the various ‘37 types, toss in the A319/320/321 into the mix and it would complicate it even more. Over in YYT there has been much bitching over the loss of their direct flights to London and wherever else. I bet once AC puts the MAX on those runs again, the good Newfs from the dark island will hop on’er, nary a problem. Carry on :drinkers:

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”