Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Everyone’s talking about it...

Post by rxl »

That we are short, yes, agreed ...
BUT I have worked with the Jazz training department and flight ops management team for too long to believe for an instant that they would make any exceptions or hand out 4 bars to any individual who can’t handle the job.
If anyone knows what they are doing in terms of training, doing indoc and checking it’s this group of individuals. You’d be hard pressed to find a more experienced, talented and dedicated group anywhere.
Let standards slide?? No way, no how.
---------- ADS -----------

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

derateNO wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:16 pm It's not though.
Care to give an example?

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

derateNO wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:17 pm
cjp wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:02 pm
derateNO wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:12 pm

An outer section didn't inflate fully. Didn't manifest until there was ice on the boots and it didn't have the strength to inflate and shed the ice. Ended up landing without an issue, but it was still a bit nerve raking.
Always unfortunate finding out when you need it most, that something is unserviceable. Glad you made it out without incident.

When I see people post about Jazz being unable to upgrade pilots, or postings in the careers section looking for crew members at 250hrs, when those spots wouldn't go to people with less than 1500hrs 5 years ago, I remark at how the industry has changed.
Yeah, I agree. Thankfully I did a bit of time in broken 703 planes so I just reverted to my training... :rolleyes:

Things really have changed. 5 years ago you needed 2000-3000 hours to fly a Navajo. Now we have two FO's sitting at the pointy end of a 767 flying over the North Atlantic with the same.
Europe has tons of 250 hour FO's what's the issue?

derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by derateNO »

The issue is I remember what it was like being a 1500! hour new FO on an RJ and being about a million miles behind the plane for the first few days. If my LI Captain had a problem and went INOP it would have been extremely stressful. Not the kind of position you want to put people in, if you have the option. So I think it's completely fair to not allow someone with a medical condition to do LI.

Wheels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Wheels »

This thread is barely 2 months old and so much has changed. The cycle is now complete. We won’t see 1500 hour airline Captains for a while.

I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by I WAS Birddog »

Oh...I thought you folks were talking about this dumb looking assault-to-senses "shoe" ad that keeps popping up on the Google banner ads that "everyone's talking about"

Before you plot your revenge on someone, make sure to dig two graveyard plots.
http://twitter.com/@iwasbirddog
47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

Wheels wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:38 am This thread is barely 2 months old and so much has changed. The cycle is now complete. We won’t see 1500 hour airline Captains for a while.
More like 10,000 hour F/O's if this keeps up

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

People talk about it because they want to feed their egoes and validate their careers.

Look, I’m really sorry that it took you 3000 hours and 7 years in the right seat to become a Jazz captain. But this job isn’t that hard, lol.

And this latest flu isn’t going to change things. Swine flu was much worse.

Goodman5
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Goodman5 »

Zaibatsu wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:29 pm People talk about it because they want to feed their egoes and validate their careers.

Look, I’m really sorry that it took you 3000 hours and 7 years in the right seat to become a Jazz captain. But this job isn’t that hard, lol.

And this latest flu isn’t going to change things. Swine flu was much worse.
You’re an idiot.

I hope I’m never on your plane.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”