Solidarity

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Solidarity

Post by montado »

If there was ever a time that we collectively could come together as Canadian pilots this time would be now. It's amazing how selfish pilots sound on these forms and this has constantly been the demise of this profession. If we were one unit, one union, one college who collectively set the expectations for our profession going forward we could really set a higher bar for our profession. What is likely to cove out of C19 is 90 percent will lose and 10 percent will maintain what they have for the next year.

If we collectively set the brakes on our industry and act as one unit, the change would be a huge positive. It's amazing how the 10 percent would act in their best interest to sink the 90 percent. I can tell you the 10 percent don't have 50 percent of the vote. We are definitely living in interesting times. Change is happening, it's up to us to guide the changes where we can all win.
---------- ADS -----------

TSAM
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Solidarity

Post by TSAM »

Last edited by TSAM on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

You're like my dog barking at me right now. You want something, but I'm not sure what that is.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Tell us how this sounds.

You are not in the 10% of pilots you described as selfish.

You want the other 90% to come together as a unit and take away from the ten percenters because you damn well just want your fair share...and they are selfish.

That sound about right?

Maybe you don’t see the irony in your post.

Nothing selfish on your part at all. :smt040

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Ah I take it back. It was definitely a shit post on my part.

Carry on Canadian aviation industry. I think for the most part everyone is happy with the way things are.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

I think for the most part everyone is happy with the way things are.
Yes, on planet Kryptonite !

C-nile
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by C-nile »

What are you trying to say. If we had one collective union between all airlines we would still have 90% of that union out of work. Air Canada would still have the most senior folks so the would still represent the 10%. The brakes are already on. Unless you college of professional pilots can come up with a vaccine for Covid19 and 112 billion to go towards Canadians getting life back in order so we can all travel with disposable incomes, now is not the time to pitch this. Sorry

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”