Airlines ask MP’s to have COVID rules relaxed ..

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Airlines ask MP’s to have COVID rules relaxed ..

Post by garfield »

I do get free seats on 1st class when I travel (about 3 out of 4 times), and I'm not a blonde with big boobs 8)
---------- ADS -----------

chaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chaster »

Trudeau Will Listen to TAM and between 2 of them they will Flatten the Economy and Kill the Airlines! There’s more Backbone in a salmon then in this piece of work!!

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

They got caught with their pants down thinking everything was just rosey and buying up more aircraft and acquiring competitors. Record years!
You mess with the bull, you get the horns. No bailouts for any big business, help the small guys first.

All of you talking about how we should just open it all back up need to take a look south today and see how that's working out for them. A cautious and measured approach will get us there, it takes time, probably another year so you should focus on the future.

All the political bashing and name calling is just childish all around. Use your vote to make change or even campaign yourselves, seems the blue party is still looking for a leader.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

ayseven wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:16 am I expect nothing. I want the chance to BID on business class. Bidding is not free. If I don't get it, and the seat goes empty, too bad. I am trying to look at the airlines as a business person would, instead of this twisted view that somehow asking for something besides being able to walk at the end of a flight, is being greedy.
From a business perspective, you should realize that giving you the option to bid on a business class seat will negatively affect bookings for those seats. Why would anyone pay full price when they can just bid for them. The airline has a very complex, I’m told, pricing algorithm which would obviously prefer a full business section but not at the expense of cheapening the product altogether
I have had a message pop up when checking in for a flight giving the option to pay a certain fixed amount to upgrade, I don’t believe I have ever had an option to bid though.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
florch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by florch »

Heliian wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:03 pm

All of you talking about how we should just open it all back up need to take a look south today and see how that's working out for them.
We didn't have that amount protests and riots here. Viruses don't care about people's politics and take advantage.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

florch wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:10 am

All of you talking about how we should just open it all back up need to take a look south today and see how that's working out for them.
We didn't have that amount protests and riots here. Viruses don't care about people's politics and take advantage.
It's not the protests. It's the shopping, restaurants, nail salons, pool parties and just general assembly of people that is causing the resurgence in the states that opened up too early.

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

Heliian wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 am

It's not the protests. It's the shopping, restaurants, nail salons, pool parties and just general assembly of people that is causing the resurgence in the states that opened up too early.
All of which are already back open in Canada, yet no explosion of cases.

florch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by florch »

30+ cities with people standing close together and yelling doesn't move the needle? That's just the peaceful protests. I don't think the rioters and looters were too concerned about masks or distancing either.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

fishface wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:02 pm

All of which are already back open in Canada, yet no explosion of cases.
Maybe do some reading before claiming that, just one example with I’m sure more to come!
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/hundreds-line ... -1.5001292
"We have those 18 individuals, all of whom on average have 10 contacts. So 180 now are in quarantine and the contacts of those that tested positive must get tested as well and monitor their symptoms.“

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

Oh my lord 180 in quarantine!? Wow that’s already wave 5!!!!!!!

*yawn*

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

fishface wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:06 pm Oh my lord 180 in quarantine!? Wow that’s already wave 5!!!!!!!

*yawn*
Well clearly you’re a fucken idiot and it needs to be spelled out for you, 18 positives from one salon, with 10 contacts per and how many others who came in contact before the quarantine. That’s how it starts and without any intervention it will be a second wave, how many salons in southern Ontario, oh who fucken cares because it’s just 180 in quarantine.
I suppose you think wearing a mask is stupid too!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

Negative Ghostrider, I wear a mask and keep sanitizer on me and use it throughout the day. Wash hands when I get home. It doesn’t take a genis, I mean genus, GENIUS to figure it out. On second thought, maybe I should get an MBA.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I'd be more worried about hepatitis than covid at a "nail salon."

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

I do my own nails. I still have my teeth.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Delta running at 60 percent until September .

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

2R wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:32 pm Delta running at 60 percent until September .
Delta Warns Thousands of Pilots About Possible Furloughs

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -furloughs

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

ayseven wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:16 am I expect nothing. I want the chance to BID on business class. Bidding is not free. If I don't get it, and the seat goes empty, too bad. I am trying to look at the airlines as a business person would, instead of this twisted view that somehow asking for something besides being able to walk at the end of a flight, is being greedy.
If you want to fly business class why not just buy a business class ticket?

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Now United to potentially lay off 35,000.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... s-to-3600/

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

:shock: wow

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

bcflyer: I have indeed done just that, but if they really want to fill seats, they should be a bit creative. But that is not the Canadian business way. Ours is "gouge as much as you can - you might not get another client"

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”