Bill Morneau resigns

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Bill Morneau resigns

Post by flying4dollars »

Just watching the news now and looks like he's stepped down. Chrystia Freeland has just been sworn in. Wonder if this will be good or bad for airlines waiting for financial aid from the government.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.5690404
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by flying4dollars on Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galaxy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Marc Garneau resigns

Post by Galaxy »

Ummmm....Reading obviously isn’t your strong point.

sdotz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Marc Garneau resigns

Post by sdotz »

Huh?
You mean Bill Morneau, the finance minister?
Not Marc Garneau, the Transport minister?

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Bill Morneau resigns

Post by flying4dollars »

Whoops!!! My bad. I had another window open with an article about Marc Garneau so I typed his name out by accident.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Yeaaaaaaaa not really surprised about this given the WE scandal. I bet he was asked internally to step down to save face. Good riddance. Not sure if Chrystia is just an interim thing but I would imagine aid for airlines will be delayed further.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

rooster wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:46 pm Yeaaaaaaaa not really surprised about this given the WE scandal. I bet he was asked internally to step down to save face. Good riddance. Not sure if Chrystia is just an interim thing but I would imagine aid for airlines will be delayed further.
Parliament has been prorogued.

No committee meetings. All current legislation dead on the order table. No new legislation until after the the throne speech and a confidence vote.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Trudeau trying to get away with his BS once again and f*cking the country over.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

You guys voted for him ... but he’s got great hair!

Sunny ways my friends ... sunny ways!

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Localizer wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:48 pm You guys voted for him ... but he’s got great hair!

And he’s so different than any other politician... because??

The Conservatives made prorogation a national pastime. Also.. running afoul with the Supreme Court for unconstitutional legislation.

It’s all just a game. They see what they can get away with until the electorate decides they’ve had enough even though there aren’t any real options.

Thank god for deputy ministers.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

iflyforpie wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:39 pm
Localizer wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:48 pm You guys voted for him ... but he’s got great hair!

The Conservatives made prorogation a national pastime. Also.. running afoul with the Supreme Court for unconstitutional legislation.

It’s all just a game. They see what they can get away with until the electorate decides they’ve had enough even though there aren’t any real options.

Did you vote for the drama teacher? I didn't.

Maybe you are better suited to explain why he is so different from any other politician?

Oh wait, I know why he is different from any other politician.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

telex wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:26 pm
iflyforpie wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:39 pm

Did you vote for the drama teacher? I didn't.
No, I didn’t vote for him. I vote for local candidates on local issues.
Maybe you are better suited to explain why he is so different from any other politician?
Try reading. He’s the same. Take away the political labels and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.
Oh wait, I know why he is different from any other politician.

It sure is funny how his opponents are all of a sudden concerned about black face. Isn’t worrying about that part of that whiny PC snowflake cupcake culture they are against?

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

IDGAF about blackface - after all, he was a drama teacher at the time; but I'd sure like to get dramatic with the gal who looks like she's just about to get groped...dayum!

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Yeah I heard Mr Trudeau has a problem with “wandering hands”.

And IDGAF about blackface or any cultural appropriation BS, either.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

So Harper prorogued parliament to avoid a confidence vote ... Trudeau prorogued parliament to shutdown committees that exposed his “not so sunny ways”.

One case is a political strategy .. the other shows how gutless he is.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

Politicians are all the same. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. Doesn't matter the party, the policy, or the name of the talking head.

The system that produces this garbage desperately needs to be overhauled. We get mad at the Conservatives so we vote in the Liberals thinking that this will teach the Con's a lesson. A few years later the Liberals do virtually the exact same thing and we vote the Conservatives back in believing that they have learned something. I've got news for you - they haven't. This has been repeating for 155 years now and will continue as long as we have this stupid first past the post system and effectively two party rule.

Politicians are worse than toddlers. They can't get along with the neighbour kids and believe they are always right and EVERYTHING is the other guy's fault. If I could figure out a way to not pay my taxes and defund my MP I would do so.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Localizer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:59 pm So Harper prorogued parliament to avoid a confidence vote ... Trudeau prorogued parliament to shutdown committees that exposed his “not so sunny ways”.

One case is a political strategy .. the other shows how gutless he is.
If that’s what makes you sleep better at night.

But maybe you should ask one more why... and find out why there was a no-confidence vote. ;)

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

But maybe you should ask one more why... and find out why there was a no-confidence vote.
I guess we could run this thing in circles all day .. the one factor that remains true is we have a PM with 2 ethics violations and a third on the way.
The system that produces this garbage desperately needs to be overhauled.
I can agree with you .. but I think if penalties actually existed for politicians then we might see some actual integrity. (Real penalties .. incarceration)

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TrilliumFlt »

The concept of "statesmenship" and the practice of doing "whats right" ended many years ago. I can't help but think the two terms then full pension thereafter has lead in part to the nature of politics as it is now.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Localizer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:15 pm I guess we could run this thing in circles all day .. the one factor that remains true is we have a PM with 2 ethics violations and a third on the way.
That’s true. And I’m one of the swing voters who decides who actually changes things in this country rather than blindly sticking to binary political BS.

However, the Conservatives have to come up with something more than “Trudeau bad” to get my vote. They have been hijacked by the American style religious right and make their platforms on smear campaigns, wedge issues, and other forms of intelligence-insulting demagoguery. Trudeau still seems the lesser of two evils at this point until the conservatives can abandon their dying demographic and finally join the 20th century.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

iflyforpie wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 am
Localizer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:15 pm I guess we could run this thing in circles all day .. the one factor that remains true is we have a PM with 2 ethics violations and a third on the way.
That’s true. And I’m one of the swing voters who decides who actually changes things in this country rather than blindly sticking to binary political BS.

However, the Conservatives have to come up with something more than “Trudeau bad” to get my vote. They have been hijacked by the American style religious right and make their platforms on smear campaigns, wedge issues, and other forms of intelligence-insulting demagoguery. Trudeau still seems the lesser of two evils at this point until the conservatives can abandon their dying demographic and finally join the 20th century.
You want more than Turdeau bad when the entire lib platform was Harper bad?

Will Turdeau corrupt help with your voting decisions?

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”