Liberals may target the Transportation sector with very hefty Carbon taxes.

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Liberals may target the Transportation sector with very hefty Carbon taxes.

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

hmmmmm. Back to the heyday of the 60s or 70s ??

High airfares, 3 course meals with real cutlery, people dressing to the nines, etc ?

Inverted2 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:57 pm
It’s funny because those 54% will scream bloody murder when they realize they can’t afford their trip to Pukacana in -20 January because half the airlines have closed shop......
---------- ADS -----------

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Kosiw wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:46 pm Reap what ye sow :rolleyes:
Lisa Rait, Jon Baird, TFWs, draconian duty days.

Nope. I don’t miss him one bit.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

doiwannabeapilot wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:48 pm hmmmmm. Back to the heyday of the 60s or 70s ??

High airfares, 3 course meals with real cutlery, people dressing to the nines, etc ?

Inverted2 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:57 pm
It’s funny because those 54% will scream bloody murder when they realize they can’t afford their trip to Pukacana in -20 January because half the airlines have closed shop......
Not likely. More people dressed like they could have been on Tiger King and a bag of stale pretzels. :x

Let’s Go Brandon
doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

awww shucks.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Greenpeace threatens lawsuit if gov't not tougher on KLM

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... um=twitter

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

I guess that is how democracy works. Greenpeace decides .

Fossil fuels on aircraft are not going away anytime soon.
But we may see more high speed trains being built.
The electricity that powers them will come the wind or the sun...certainly not from fossil fuelled electricity generating stations.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Zaibatsu wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:42 pm
Kosiw wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:46 pm Reap what ye sow :rolleyes:

I agree the last Conservative Government seemed to run out of good ideas, but all I hear from the Liberals these days are bad ones. At this point I'd prefer a serious and accountable group over our current regime, and I use that word because despite having a minority in parliament, they've effectively shut down parliament and ruled by decree. Oddly enough, the very Government institutions Trudeau repeatedly ignores, are the ones that would prevent him from stumbling from one ethics violation to the next.

Financially the Federal Liberals act like a taxpayer/debt driven charity dishing out money on vanity projects to buy our votes. If you want to see our countries future look no further than how Ontario operated under Gerald Butts' ideologically driven policies. Our country deserves to be run in Parliament, if we as voters, hand either party a minority we deserve to have the country governed by consensus in the House of Representatives, not the PMO's office.

End Rant.

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

Sounds like the Liberals are backing down a bit from their grand plans to deal directly with COVID-19. Hopefully that is the case and it will give the opposition more time to organize for a general election so we can vote them out.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

47north wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:10 am Sounds like the Liberals are backing down a bit from their grand plans to deal directly with COVID-19. Hopefully that is the case and it will give the opposition more time to organize for a general election so we can vote them out.
Backing down or trying to change/deflect the narrative? This Liberal group has always been left of centre. Without Morneau they are basically NDP. Freeland is all about wealth redistribution.

Trudeau will meet his Paris accord numbers come hell or high water. He will do it in the most politically expedient way. He will do it in a way that impacts the fewest voters so can be re elected. In other words it doesn’t have to make sense from a carbon point of view. He will pick on sectors or areas of the economy that don’t vote Liberal anyway.

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

Zaibatsu wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:42 pm

Because we never had bad labour Ministers forcing people back to work, crappy foreign affairs Ministers failing at their job (or idolizing China's communist government), TFW's or draconian duty days under any Liberal government. Oh wait, we have. Under all of them. But that's okay because this guy has the 'special' last name and trust fund to go with it that makes it all okay. Including the fact this group has been in more scandals in the last 4 years than any preceding government has in 15 years in power. But, you know, family name... who cares, right.

I'm going to ask you a serious question, given how corrupt this particular Liberal government is, what would they have to do for you to not vote for them?
TheStig wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:51 am I agree the last Conservative Government seemed to run out of good ideas, but all I hear from the Liberals these days are bad ones. At this point I'd prefer a serious and accountable group over our current regime, and I use that word because despite having a minority in parliament, they've effectively shut down parliament and ruled by decree. Oddly enough, the very Government institutions Trudeau repeatedly ignores, are the ones that would prevent him from stumbling from one ethics violation to the next.

Financially the Federal Liberals act like a taxpayer/debt driven charity dishing out money on vanity projects to buy our votes. If you want to see our countries future look no further than how Ontario operated under Gerald Butts' ideologically driven policies. Our country deserves to be run in Parliament, if we as voters, hand either party a minority we deserve to have the country governed by consensus in the House of Representatives, not the PMO's office.

End Rant.
We need a like button. :smt023

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/climate-cha ... -emissions

What about mono-cropping/ glyphosates , landfills, mining, construction?

Our society is fossil fuel intensive. Period. I can’t see people getting on board after a major recession bordering on depression.

What about GMO’s? Excess packaging?

It’s not directly related to climate change but it’s related to the health of people and the planet.

Where/ how will people find jobs?

I guess turdypoo will be taking a paddle boat, bike, or running to where he needs to go. - wait all those use FOSSIL FUELS.

This man is an idiot..

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

McKinley wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:52 am https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/climate-cha ... -emissions

What about mono-cropping/ glyphosates , landfills, mining, construction?

Our society is fossil fuel intensive. Period. I can’t see people getting on board after a major recession bordering on depression.

What about GMO’s? Excess packaging?

It’s not directly related to climate change but it’s related to the health of people and the planet.

Where/ how will people find jobs?

I guess turdypoo will be taking a paddle boat, bike, or running to where he needs to go. - wait all those use FOSSIL FUELS.

This man is an idiot..
I know this may not seem believable but it’s all True-D’OH!

Trevor Noah

Attachments
5980478D-D731-42A5-8490-85F5457CF2E0.gif
5980478D-D731-42A5-8490-85F5457CF2E0.gif (522.08 KiB) Viewed 967 times

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”