Pivot Air

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Pivot Air

Post by DanWEC »

Bradley Tucker wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:33 am You know what I can't figure out. Here we are in a time when any pilot job should be appreciated with so many on furlough, but instead of posting messages of support to people who are trying to keep people flying this forum is filled with negative post.

People hide behind usernames and put the company down. Does it really matter who they were before or if you think it will last or not. They are out there trying that is what matters.

Why don't we try to be more supportive of our industry. If you don't want to be part of what they are doing fine don't, but find a better use of your time then posting negative comments.
No offense, but I totally disagree. If I cultivated a reputation for screwing people over then started selling fax machines should I be celebrated for starting a really stupid business?
It absolutely matters who they were before.
As for any job being appreciated? I get what you're saying, but be very careful. That's what caused decades of Canada having the lowest pilot pay in the world, 2 year ramp jobs and 3000 Ho F/O's for 25k a year.
I like your positivity and incusivity though. We do need unity, just not regression. I genuinely hope they succeed, but not on anyone else's backs.
---------- ADS -----------

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Pivot Air

Post by alkaseltzer »

DanWEC wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:58 pm
Bradley Tucker wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:33 am You know what I can't figure out. Here we are in a time when any pilot job should be appreciated with so many on furlough, but instead of posting messages of support to people who are trying to keep people flying this forum is filled with negative post.

People hide behind usernames and put the company down. Does it really matter who they were before or if you think it will last or not. They are out there trying that is what matters.

Why don't we try to be more supportive of our industry. If you don't want to be part of what they are doing fine don't, but find a better use of your time then posting negative comments.
No offense, but I totally disagree. If I cultivated a reputation for screwing people over then started selling fax machines should I be celebrated for starting a really stupid business?
It absolutely matters who they were before.
As for any job being appreciated? I get what you're saying, but be very careful. That's what caused decades of Canada having the lowest pilot pay in the world, 2 year ramp jobs and 3000 Ho F/O's for 25k a year.
I like your positivity and incusivity though. We do need unity, just not regression. I genuinely hope they succeed, but not on anyone else's backs.
There's enough green pilots out there...green on green is the saying. The forest is also green. Seeing the lawsuits make you go green and lawyers see green.

If you've cultivated a reputation for screwing people over, you run for public office, you don't sell fax machines.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”