Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Very appropriate letter to the editor

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:39 pm

But perhaps understand the confusion one can have when a party says indirectly that they want to end the careers of so many people in a field, that so many of those people vote for it and then get upset about it.
There's something fundamentally wrong in your head Pelmet. Get help.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:52 pm

But perhaps understand the confusion one can have when a party says indirectly that they want to end the careers of so many people in a field, that so many of those people vote for it and then get upset about it.
You might want to have a conversation with this poster DanWEC. He is the one that is a direct threat to your career.....along with his good friend he uses for his political goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVlRompc1yE

Know your real enemy.

SkySailor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkySailor »

The moment I got to the part about voting for Turdeau in 2019, Mr. Smalls cryfest lost all credibility. As if the first 4 years wasn't enough to demonstrate how much of a flake this PM is, ya gotta turn around and vote for him again. I would have thought critical analysis is a valuable asset for commanding a 737. Now I'm thinking anyone can fly a jet. I mean, ANYONE. Or anything.

Capt. Small, live with your decisions and the growing repercussions of voting for this numbskull. You and your industry are no better than thousands of Canadians from other walks of life who are dealing with financial wreckage and altered life plans. "Hardworking"? Does that imply Canadians from other walks of live are not? So what if you flew him around and had a couple of pics with him. Turdeau and his puppet handlers are covertly and maliciously destroying an industry that contributes large amounts of fiscal stimulus through natural resource extraction. Alienating an entire province doesn't matter in the Liberal playbook (except if it's Quebec). Every time the national Liberals take over, fracture lines are exercised in this weak confederation.

You get on national media crying how your supposed bud let you and your industry down, but feign innocent hurt that such a person could ignore the shut down of a gas guzzling jet industry. I'm almost of the opinion your bleating's will come across as naïve, gullible, and somewhat hypocritical. I know if I was duped, I wouldn't wanna broadcast over national media. Enjoy your time off. Your 2019 voting aspirations for "caring" leadership has brought you CERB, CEWS, and a 380 billion dollar deficit.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

pelmet wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:56 pm

You might want to have a conversation with this poster DanWEC. He is the one that is a direct threat to your career.....along with his good friend he uses for his political goals.

Know your real enemy.

Are you illiterate, high, or just plain dumb? Arguing with you is like an out of body experience. Don't you have 30 walkarounds to do?

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

SkySailor wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:11 pm The moment I got to the part about voting for Turdeau in 2019, Mr. Smalls cryfest lost all credibility. As if the first 4 years wasn't enough to demonstrate how much of a flake this PM is, ya gotta turn around and vote for him again. I would have thought critical analysis is a valuable asset for commanding a 737. Now I'm thinking anyone can fly a jet. I mean, ANYONE. Or anything.

Capt. Small, live with your decisions and the growing repercussions of voting for this numbskull. You and your industry are no better than thousands of Canadians from other walks of life who are dealing with financial wreckage and altered life plans. "Hardworking"? Does that imply Canadians from other walks of live are not? So what if you flew him around and had a couple of pics with him. Turdeau and his puppet handlers are covertly and maliciously destroying an industry that contributes large amounts of fiscal stimulus through natural resource extraction. Alienating an entire province doesn't matter in the Liberal playbook (except if it's Quebec). Every time the national Liberals take over, fracture lines are exercised in this weak confederation.

You get on national media crying how your supposed bud let you and your industry down, but feign innocent hurt that such a person could ignore the shut down of a gas guzzling jet industry. I'm almost of the opinion your bleating's will come across as naïve, gullible, and somewhat hypocritical. I know if I was duped, I wouldn't wanna broadcast over national media. Enjoy your time off. Your 2019 voting aspirations for "caring" leadership has brought you CERB, CEWS, and a 380 billion dollar deficit.
Interesting thought.
DanWEC wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:12 pm

Know your real enemy.

Are you illiterate, high, or just plain dumb? Arguing with you is like an out of body experience. Don't you have 30 walkarounds to do?
Good luck to you DanWEC.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

SkySailor wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:11 pm The moment I got to the part about voting for Turdeau in 2019, Mr. Smalls cryfest lost all credibility. As if the first 4 years wasn't enough to demonstrate how much of a flake this PM is, ya gotta turn around and vote for him again. I would have thought critical analysis is a valuable asset for commanding a 737. Now I'm thinking anyone can fly a jet. I mean, ANYONE. Or anything.

Exactly. If you helped re-elect that moron I have no sympathy. If you voted for him, you get exactly what you deserve.

Let’s Go Brandon
PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

A noble message indeed, until I got to the part about him voting for Trudeau in 2019. He instantly lost all credibility there. As if 4 years of his nonsense towards the aviation industry (and the nation in general) wasn't enough, you had to give him another chance in 2019 to make things even worse? You get the government you deserve bud. :smt120

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

pelmet wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:41 pm
DanWEC wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:12 pm

Know your real enemy.

Good luck to you DanWEC.

BTW, here is a list of politicians that switched parties to PC. The list of others who have switched between other parties are just as long.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C ... ve_parties

But, by yours and Skysailor's logic, none of them have any credibility. You should probably tell them that, and let me know how it goes.

Anyhow, I regret my last statement. I have no need to berate you as I now see this is going nowhere. I stand by my statement that we need to have each other's backs right now, perhaps you should have read my post a little more carefully.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

I think JT is doing a decent job considering the circumstances with the pandemic, can’t see how another party and their leader could do any better. I supported JT’s party 2015/19 and plan on doing so again. Some of you bright lights here would never be able to understand the immensity of the fu$k I do not give what you dudes think, say or any of yer commentary. I have no intention of responding to any of yer pontificating.

:butthead:

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Old fella wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:38 pm Some of you bright lights here would never be able to understand the immensity of the fu$k I do not give what you dudes think, say or any of yer commentary.

:butthead:
Pretty much proves me right....again. They will make you feel guilty by pretending how caring they are for this and that and then.....when they destroy your livelihood and show you how little they care. And yet you voted for it.

Remember that in the spring. Don't worry, they will try to bribe you again in one way or another in the lead-up while demonizing the alternatives.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Pelmet, nobody here is proving you right except yourself.

Honestly I barely know what you're mumbling about at this point.

Can we go back to applauding people who are trying to suppprt our industry?

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

DanWEC wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:02 pm Can we go back to applauding people who are trying to suppprt our industry?
Good luck to you DanWEC.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

pelmet wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:40 pm
DanWEC wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:02 pm Can we go back to applauding people who are trying to suppprt our industry?
Good luck to you DanWEC.
My dearest Pelmet,

Have you ever thought that maybe just maybe your constant attacks to anyone whom disagrees with you kinda ruins it for the others of us whom enjoy reading these threads?

DanWEC made some valid points but you chose to dismiss him twice. Perhaps you should stick with admonishing those of us whom have Mx doing ground runs for us and not double checking a simple leak down run? Or my personal favorite... “TURN OFF THE MASTER”.

That tread really brought me clarity that I wouldn’t have had if it weren’t for your kind ambivalent soul.

Yours truly,

TPC

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:24 pm
pelmet wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:40 pm
Good luck to you DanWEC.
DanWEC made some valid points but you chose to dismiss him twice.
Well......for the third time.....I wish him good luck.

Last edited by pelmet on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

Exactly. You are completely naive if you don't think Trudeau isn't having wet dreams about Canada's reduced footprint.
Break the aviation habit or whatever the Great Reset slogan is.
Inverted2 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:57 pm

Exactly. If you helped re-elect that moron I have no sympathy. If you voted for him, you get exactly what you deserve.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

I am really sick and tired of all you brain dead, idiotic, dumbf%*ks that keep saying "you got what you voted for - Tough luck" Seriously, I've read nothing anywhere, ever, that JT said he was going to completely eliminate an entire industry. How about a little human compassion?

I didn't vote for him, but I'm not going to roast the people that did either, and I'm all for going greener it can only be a good thing in the long run, but Jesus. What makes anyone think killing the airlines will accomplish anything? It's a fact that WORLDWIDE - the airlines only contribute 2.5% of the total carbon emissions of the planet. Who would think we were such a threat that we have to be exterminated right now? With new engines and electric coming of age - those numbers are only going down. It's not like we are still using the smokey turbojets of the 60's.

Every other sector - including the oil and gas industry (who are much worse than the airlines) - has gotten some kind of handout from the feds, yet the airlines can't get anything? I don't know what his game is, but anyone thinking he's doing this for the green players is not thinking straight. Wether you think he's a dufus, the smartest, the most racist, or the best looking PM - he's still just a politician. They don't do anything unless it benefits themselves. Putting half a million people permanently out of work is not good for the country or the economy any way you slice it....and that will not favor anybody very well.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

boeingboy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:18 pm I am really sick and tired of all you brain dead, idiotic, dumbf%*ks that keep saying "you got what you voted for - Tough luck" Seriously, I've read nothing anywhere, ever, that JT said he was going to completely eliminate an entire industry. How about a little human compassion?

I didn't vote for him, but I'm not going to roast the people that did either, and I'm all for going greener it can only be a good thing in the long run, but Jesus. What makes anyone think killing the airlines will accomplish anything? It's a fact that WORLDWIDE - the airlines only contribute 2.5% of the total carbon emissions of the planet. Who would think we were such a threat that we have to be exterminated right now? With new engines and electric coming of age - those numbers are only going down. It's not like we are still using the smokey turbojets of the 60's.

Every other sector - including the oil and gas industry (who are much worse than the airlines) - has gotten some kind of handout from the feds, yet the airlines can't get anything? I don't know what his game is, but anyone thinking he's doing this for the green players is not thinking straight. Wether you think he's a dufus, the smartest, the most racist, or the best looking PM - he's still just a politician. They don't do anything unless it benefits themselves. Putting half a million people permanently out of work is not good for the country or the economy any way you slice it....and that will not favor anybody very well.
Human compassion? Are you high like JT?
What good has he done for our country seriously? Scandal after scandal. Reckless spending, embarrassing vacations, SNC, WE charity, backface multiple times, gun bans while soft on criminals, record deficits, open borders, sucking up to the UN and there agendas. Now he’s giving our airline industry zero support during its biggest crisis ever.
So call us brain dead or whatever but maybe you should get your head out of the sand and take a look around at where this country is headed and picture a scene from the Titanic if you want a perfect metaphor.

Let’s Go Brandon
boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Human compassion? Are you high like JT?
What good has he done for our country seriously? Scandal after scandal. Reckless spending, embarrassing vacations, SNC, WE charity, backface multiple times, gun bans while soft on criminals, record deficits, open borders, sucking up to the UN and there agendas. Now he’s giving our airline industry zero support during its biggest crisis ever.
So call us brain dead or whatever but maybe you should get your head out of the sand and take a look around at where this country is headed and picture a scene from the Titanic if you want a perfect metaphor.
I never said I agree with him or what he's done, or even like him. How is he any different than any other politician? There will always be some moron in charge. They all suck.

So the likes of you, pelmet, skysailor, doiwannabeapilot, and certain others just say - Too bad you guys are getting what you deserve. Screw you.

????????

You can hate people personally, you can hate specific industries, or even ones beliefs/ideas - but you can't put that all aside and simply say that whats happening is wrong and I feel for you??

What a sad time we live in

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

facts ?? 2.5 % ? why are you bringing up facts ?
the religion of environmentalism is not about facts....its about feelings.

Windmills are about feeling good when you look out on the landscape.

Who thinks killing airlines will accomplish anything ??? all greenies, all Great Reset'ers
THEY think it has to be exterminated now. They hate people.
If they could shut down all fossil fuels industries today; they would.

Why would he care about he economy ?
Canadians have lots of money, he can just add an ECO tariff.
The budget will balance itself.

boeingboy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:18 pm I am really sick and tired of all you brain dead, idiotic, dumbf%*ks that keep saying "you got what you voted for - Tough luck" Seriously, I've read nothing anywhere, ever, that JT said he was going to completely eliminate an entire industry. How about a little human compassion?

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

I do feel for people.
But voters should consider that their votes have consequences.
And it really should not be a surprise that JT's party is so quick to act to help aviation.
There is a reason Albertan's don't like him. Aviation workers are now starting to clue in.

I would love it if everything ran off unicorn farts. But it doesn't right now. Greta says the world will explode in 5 or 6 years.
So, Canada being the highest producer of all that is bad in the world, not China or India. We have to take the full brunt. And JT will lead us into that glorious utopia.

If we shut aviation down today, we can have electric powered passenger jets in 2022.
Just go to the battery farm, and harvest them off the battery trees.
The production of those batteries is carbon neutral i'm sure.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”