Optimism

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Optimism

Post by EPR »

The U.S is opening up...because they did an amazing job with vaccinating their residents, while here in Chinada..not so much! #FuckTrudeau
---------- ADS -----------

Keep the dirty side down.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

EPR wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:06 pm The U.S is opening up...because they did an amazing job with vaccinating their residents, while here in Chinada..not so much! #FuckTrudeau
I actually think it’s nothing to do with that. We have more people with one vaccine than Americans. Americans just stop giving a shit about restrictions and they opened up because people already decided that. Texas has been maskless since March. We could open just fine, and have no more consequences than America. Yes some people will still get covid and some people will die from it. Our politicians are taking the Covid zero approach.

If you want normal you stop letting people wank to covid case counts. You literally say the vaccine works and stop doing covid testing, or at least stop reporting cases. Let people know without a vaccine you can still get covid but we won’t be reporting cases. At this point I don’t see any advantage to reporting covid cases.

I don’t blame Trudeau. He literally ordered more vaccines than any country per capita. And hedged his bet with different vaccines. The reason we aren’t open is nothing to do with the vaccine. It’s over cautious government trying appease those who want covid zero. The same idiots who can’t compare covid to influenza, and realize how many lives are lost to other contagious viruses.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

montado wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:18 pm
EPR wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:06 pm The U.S is opening up...because they did an amazing job with vaccinating their residents, while here in Chinada..not so much! #FuckTrudeau
I actually think it’s nothing to do with that. We have more people with one vaccine than Americans. Americans just stop giving a shit about restrictions and they opened up because people already decided that. Texas has been maskless since March. We could open just fine, and have no more consequences than America. Yes some people will still get covid and some people will die from it. Our politicians are taking the Covid zero approach.

If you want normal you stop letting people wank to covid case counts. You literally say the vaccine works and stop doing covid testing, or at least stop reporting cases. Let people know without a vaccine you can still get covid but we won’t be reporting cases. At this point I don’t see any advantage to reporting covid cases.

I don’t blame Trudeau. He literally ordered more vaccines than any country per capita. And hedged his bet with different vaccines. The reason we aren’t open is nothing to do with the vaccine. It’s over cautious government trying appease those who want covid zero. The same idiots who can’t compare covid to influenza, and realize how many lives are lost to other contagious viruses.
Wow your head is far up your ass! Bullshit we have more vaccines\vaccinated citizens than the U.S...The U.S has vaccinated upwards of 3 MILLION CITIZENS PER DAY FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS,THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON THE STATES ARE RE-OPENING...We are a country where 97% of it's citizens are not fully vaccinated, why...because Trudeau wasted 4 months trying to swing a deal with China to develop a vaccine for us in Montreal, China backed out of the deal leaving Canada at the back of the line for ordering vaccines..THAT'S WHY! Provinces have been consistently running out of vaccines and having to shut down vaccination venues since day 1...Christ we have even stolen vaccines meant for poor 3rd world countries! Shove your "Trudeau hedging his bet on vaccines" up your ass, if there's enough room with your head already there!

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Trudeau buying 400 million vaccines was him operating in pure "panic mode" and running loose with our tax dollars as usual. I don't know about you, but I won't be getting 10.4 vaccination shots.

He WASTED taxpayers dollars on too many, while botching the "early buy-in" by siding with Communists.

What exactly are we going to do with 8x the vaccines necessary? We paid for them, now what? Throw them in that warehouse with that billion dollars worth of expired PPE that is now expensive trash?

Ya, let's give Trudeau a clap. The guy is a Laurentian idiot. You get what you vote for.

Last edited by RippleRock on Fri May 21, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToolShed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ToolShed »

EPR wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Wow your head is far up your ass! Bullshit we have more vaccines\vaccinated citizens than the U.S...The U.S has vaccinated upwards of 3 MILLION CITIZENS PER DAY FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS,THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON THE STATES ARE RE-OPENING...We are a country where 97% of it's citizens are not fully vaccinated, why...because Trudeau wasted 4 months trying to swing a deal with China to develop a vaccine for us in Montreal, China backed out of the deal leaving Canada at the back of the line for ordering vaccines..THAT'S WHY! Provinces have been consistently running out of vaccines and having to shut down vaccination venues since day 1...Christ we have even stolen vaccines meant for poor 3rd world countries! Shove your "Trudeau hedging his bet on vaccines" up your ass, if there's enough room with your head already there!
Oops. You don't read newspapers or the news do you?

https://globalnews.ca/news/7871681/covi ... passes-us/

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Sure it would be nice to have 30 percent of us “fully vaccinated”, but is it better to have 50 percent of us with at least one shot? The efficacy with one shot is pretty fantastic. I don’t really agree with us all being a science experiment, but our governments best guess was we would be better off getting more single shots rather than vaccinating fewer people fully. “Fully vaccinated” is just a term used to describe the vaccine process delivered from the manufacture. One shot could give 90 percent efficacy and the second boost that to 95, but who really cares about “fully vaccinated”? There are probably many vaccines less effective than one covid shot, such as the flu shot, which some years has little efficacy because of the number of variants of influenza.

So this is where we are at. I just hope this is not held against us as an excuse we can’t open to normalcy. I think one shot is adequate to prevent hospitalization. Heck when has a flu shot be two doses? Only for infants right? The second shot is a booster, but the first shot is most important. So no my head is not up my ass. I happen to have a fairly level head on my shoulders. And while I’m not a Trudeau fan at all, vaccines is not something I would get upset with him over. We had to get in line behind countries that invested in production of vaccines, this is not Trudeaus fault. I’m conservative on many views but I have to say Doug Ford fumbled more this pandemic than Trudeau. I’d be happy to see both of them voted out next elections.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

The news outlets are all the rage with "Canada's miraculous success with vaccinations". "Canada ahead of the US on single shots".........so WHAT? They are two dose vaccines. We are still significantly behind the US in proper administration of vaccines. I'm not sure what the Media is trying to say exactly.

Terry Tam says things will not return to normal until 75% of Canadians receive two doses. We aren't even close. Bloomberg vaccine tracker says Canada is sitting at 4% having two doses. We have 71% left to get another shot, and 25% yet to get their first. Again we aren't even close.....October maybe.....maybe. As I said before, the nearest "large" country has only managed to vaccinate 60% of their population (Israel) before stalling out. Even the UK who intends to open completely soon (and actually has an opening plan) has only vaccinated 56% of it's population with a single dose.

There is ---NO WAY--- Canada will vaccinate 75% with two doses anytime soon. Don't hold your breath. Between the kids under 12, the parents who don't want an experimental vaccine in growing children, and the anti-vax crowd, we will be lucky to have 60%, on par with Israel who is number one. The Feds had better change the opening metric to hospitalizations and deaths before we have any hope of emerging from this mess. I mean, isn't the whole point of vaccinations being not overwhelming the hospitals?

We sheeple in Canada will watch the 1st world open around us. Canadians obviously don't value freedom as much, or we would be demanding more clarity on when this is actually over. It's becoming obvious that Trudeau and his Communist inclinations are actually a great fit for this country. Maybe a majority for him in August?

Last edited by RippleRock on Sat May 22, 2021 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

RippleRock wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:12 am There is ---NO WAY--- Canada will vaccinate 75% with two doses anytime soon.
The important question is are you doing your part, and did you get your shot. We can’t go back to normal if you don’t! :lol:

See it’s not mandatory vaccines, but the gov wants us to shame everyone into consent... no normal if we don’t all get a shot. That’s an insane way to govern no? Why not just say we are opening up, you don’t want a vaccine, maybe get covid instead... no sure why all the vaccinated people have to wait for everyone else to get a vax.

Last edited by montado on Sat May 22, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

I'm in Aviation. If I want to fly, I get vaccinated. Simple.

My issue is with unrealistic opening expectations.....that's it.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

montado wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:27 pm Sure it would be nice to have 30 percent of us “fully vaccinated”, but is it better to have 50 percent of us with at least one shot? The efficacy with one shot is pretty fantastic. I don’t really agree with us all being a science experiment, but our governments best guess was we would be better off getting more single shots rather than vaccinating fewer people fully. “Fully vaccinated” is just a term used to describe the vaccine process delivered from the manufacture. One shot could give 90 percent efficacy and the second boost that to 95, but who really cares about “fully vaccinated”? There are probably many vaccines less effective than one covid shot, such as the flu shot, which some years has little efficacy because of the number of variants of influenza.

So this is where we are at. I just hope this is not held against us as an excuse we can’t open to normalcy. I think one shot is adequate to prevent hospitalization. Heck when has a flu shot be two doses? Only for infants right? The second shot is a booster, but the first shot is most important. So no my head is not up my ass. I happen to have a fairly level head on my shoulders. And while I’m not a Trudeau fan at all, vaccines is not something I would get upset with him over. We had to get in line behind countries that invested in production of vaccines, this is not Trudeaus fault. I’m conservative on many views but I have to say Doug Ford fumbled more this pandemic than Trudeau. I’d be happy to see both of them voted out next elections.
No what we want is people fully vaccinated not half vaccinated.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2104974
One dose only 19 and 29 % effective VS the variants (which we have mostly)
So I would say the US is right and no matter how Tam and Trudeau try to spin it they are wrong.
Facts matter.
You even have the vaccine manufactures SPECIFICALLY telling Canada NOT TO DELAY THE SECOND DOSE.
But we know better :lol: :lol: :lol:

The previous poster was right, Liberals bet on communist China, got fucked, and ordered too many doses too late. Its all political here. All that matters for him is the polls and upcoming election and going for his majority. Along with bill C10, if Canadians re-elect Trudeau, they deserve whats coming to them.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

There are lots of reasons to be optimistic - if you're American, living in America.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

ToolShed wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:56 pm
EPR wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Oops. You don't read newspapers or the news do you?

https://globalnews.ca/news/7871681/covi ... passes-us/
Quoting a Canadian leftest leaning news station is quite amusing.... just shows how much you know, clearly you are not the sharpest tool in your shed!

propfeather
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by propfeather »

EPR wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:56 pm The U.S has vaccinated upwards of 3 MILLION CITIZENS PER DAY FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS,
Math does not check out on this at all...

Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

TORONTO -- The U.S. is still far ahead of Canada when it comes to people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. But its vaccination rate has slowed considerably, while Canada has just surpassed America when it comes to one-dose vaccines per capita.

As of Friday afternoon, 48.95% of Canada’s total population has received at least one dose, according to CTVNews.ca’s vaccine tracker, compared with 48.2% of the U.S. population, as reported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

When it comes to full vaccinations, 37.86% of the U.S. population is now fully vaccinated, compared with just 4.83% in Canada as of Friday.

However, the CDC says the average daily pace of COVID-19 vaccinations is down almost 50% from a peak in April.

More at: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5438413

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

Arnie Pye wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:21 pm There are lots of reasons to be optimistic - if you're American, living in America.
Aside from the lack of socialized healthcare, controls on weapons dangerous, and 1% incarceration rate...

:axe: :weedman:

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

rxl wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:14 am There is definitely reason for optimism.

Anecdotally I have had the “pleasure” of deadheading a fair amount this year, passing through EWR, ORD and CLT.
From what I’ve seen, it has been business as usual in the US all spring for the airlines.
Airports and flights are packed.
Corporate ramps are busy as well.

I had a chat with a senior captain from one of the largest “regional” carriers in the US the other day. Their pilots are scheduled to the max, they have recalled everyone from furlough and are actively hiring. The training department is running at full steam to try to keep up with the demand.
We likely won’t be too far behind.
Considering how many people here are vaccinated we have some of the strictest restrictions in the world, I'd eat my hate if we get to 2019 levels in less than 3 years!

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:27 pm
Arnie Pye wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:21 pm There are lots of reasons to be optimistic - if you're American, living in America.
Aside from the lack of socialized healthcare, controls on weapons dangerous, and 1% incarceration rate...

:axe: :weedman:
Honestly if we had the same economic and social factors they do, I feel we'd be in an even worse boat.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

propfeather wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:44 pm
EPR wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:56 pm The U.S has vaccinated upwards of 3 MILLION CITIZENS PER DAY FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS,
Math does not check out on this at all...
Well ok there big brain, give or take a million or two during the initial couple of months, but after that, the U.S were vaccinating well over two million citizens per day, eventually reaching 3 million per day...meanwhile here in Chinada..maybe 180 thousand per day.. on a good day..and only recently, and like I said, we are 5 months or better into the vaccinations! :roll: #TrudeauFailure

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

US: lots of people vaccinated twice
Canada: not that many vaccinated twice. Why? Because we don't make vaccines here anymore; because the multinationals that control the drug industry found us too expensive. You know, too much money to provide a good living for average people, so they went where it was cheaper.

None of that is the federal government's fault, nor is it Ford's, nor Legault's, nor Kenney's or any other premier's fault. So quit bitching about this somehow being "all the government's fault", because it isn't. We are all just trying to do the best we can, so stop trying to push your political agenda, and for god's sake, try and be a little patient. Your blood pressure will thank you.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”