Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Optimism

Post by '97 Tercel »

ayseven wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:01 am US: lots of people vaccinated twice
Canada: not that many vaccinated twice. Why? Because we don't make vaccines here anymore; because the multinationals that control the drug industry found us too expensive. You know, too much money to provide a good living for average people, so they went where it was cheaper.

None of that is the federal government's fault, nor is it Ford's, nor Legault's, nor Kenney's or any other premier's fault. So quit bitching about this somehow being "all the government's fault", because it isn't. We are all just trying to do the best we can, so stop trying to push your political agenda, and for god's sake, try and be a little patient. Your blood pressure will thank you.

Trudeau sucks.
---------- ADS -----------

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

'97 Tercel wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:47 pm Trudeau sucks.
I haven't been following this thread, but this very obviously isn't "Optimism"...

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 pm
'97 Tercel wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:47 pm Trudeau sucks.
I haven't been following this thread, but this very obviously isn't "Optimism"...

That's correct. The Feds have done a great job of extinguishing optimism whenever there is a "flare-up". Especially in this industry.

Science and actual statistics out- vote buying and pandering to a terrified populous - in.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I am optimistic ford will cancel school until September. This will keep us all safe. I am so thankful for this. Then in September when flu season come back we will send them back to school for a month. Covid will flare up and they will close school again to keep us safe.

Why should teachers have to work when we can’t vaccinate 5 to 11 year olds. This is insane! We need to keep people safe. We need schools closed. I’m optimistic that our politicians will keep us safe!

And if they won’t we can all vote for Andrea ndp leader in Ontario. She is great... she is blaming police for an incident that was already investigated and cleared the police. Why trust the process... the process is wrong. We need politicians that go against science, go against facts, go against results of an investigation. I would 100 percent give my vote to her... I love her way of virtue signalling. Gosh I just wish I got more than one vote... I want to vote Andrea Justin and Doug all on one optimistic ballot of amazingness. It’s hard to not be optimistic today when they people are out saving lives!

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

They’re really starting to say the Wuhan Lab theory is now the likely source of the virus, not eating bats or pangolins. Trump said that last year, but as you know: Orange man bad.

We must however continue to trust the experts like Fauci,Tam and the corrupt WHO. :rolleyes:

Let’s Go Brandon
RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Inverted2 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:29 am They’re really starting to say the Wuhan Lab theory is now the likely source of the virus, not eating bats or pangolins. Trump said that last year, but as you know: Orange man bad.
Yes - Orange Man Bad. But not always wrong. A stopped clock is still right twice a day, and sometimes, I don't bounce my landings.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

montado wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:13 amWhy should teachers have to work when we can’t vaccinate 5 to 11 year olds.
That's a good question, I'll do my best to answer it.

Vaccines do not prevent people from getting sick (cannot stress this point enough). A vaccine gives your body the ability to fight off a potential virus sooner than not having any vaccine at all. The way it works is it allows your body to learn how to recognize and fight off the virus.

Now, the reason why vaccines don't prevent you from getting sick is that they do not stop the virus from entering your body. They essentially give your body a head start on killing off the virus before it has enough time to replicate as much. Long story short, it reduces the length of time you are sick for and the severity.

That is also why vaccines don't help the immunocomprimised.

777Aviate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 777Aviate »

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Manitoba just rolled out a QR code if you’ve been fully vaccinated allowing you to bypass quarantine when returning to the province. No word if it gets us out of other provinces quarantines yet (or the federal one)

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

C-GGGQ wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:03 am Manitoba just rolled out a QR code if you’ve been fully vaccinated allowing you to bypass quarantine when returning to the province. No word if it gets us out of other provinces quarantines yet (or the federal one)
The way the Ontario system is designed, to create an app that will verify your QR code "vaccine passport" will not be difficult or take long. The main booking system is already using an API to connect with the vaccine database and the health card registry.

777Aviate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 777Aviate »

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

Brace for the Delta wave, it's coming...

777Aviate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 777Aviate »

Didn't you hear? We have delta plus now.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

The media has trained the masses to be idiots and religious type thinkers. Dummies will keep pointing their fingers at each other with no real evidence.

Look no further than the outrage in Waterloo where they can't go to stage 2 because the delta variant. People are blaming the anti maskers :lol:. The media has everyone trained to be idiots.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

montado wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:31 am The media has trained the masses to be idiots and religious type thinkers. Dummies will keep pointing their fingers at each other with no real evidence.
The media hasn't trained anyone......the masses are generally idiots. The political "flavor of the year" just takes advantage of it, and the Media is having a feeding-frenzy that selling fear creates.

Remember that half of the population has an IQ below 100. That's 1% from a majority. Think about that for a moment.

The human character is generally self-important, greedy, selfish, jealous, resentful, fearful and revels in the misery of others. We don't have much hope as a species. I thought back in 1989 when the wall fell in Germany that the days of bullying nations and human rights abuses were numbered, and that humanity had the ability to learn from past mistakes. Given what's happening in Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Russia, Yemen and China, just to name a few......I'm dead wrong. The self-flagellation going on in the Western world right now and the "systemic-racist witch-hunt" threatens to topple what's left. Tribalism based on skin color, and race-identity politics has never been more alive in the Western world.

There is no way the world is a safer or better place than it was 60 years ago. Thanks to Trudeau and his constant appologizing for the "crimes" or percieved wrongdoings of my long dead ancestors, I've never, ever felt so shitty to be a Canadian. Given that we are one of the most tolerant and accommodating societies on the planet....that's saying something.

Optimism is thin and in short supply right now.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

RippleRock wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:56 am Thanks to Trudeau and his constant appologizing for the "crimes" or percieved wrongdoings of my long dead ancestors, I've never, ever felt so shitty to be a Canadian. Given that we are one of the most tolerant and accommodating societies on the planet....that's saying something.

What he is apologizing for were indeed crimes, and not "perceived" wrongdoings, but real ones. And many who committed those crimes, and many who directly suffered because of them, are still alive today. You are either willfully ignorant or grossly uninformed.

But I'll agree we're one of the most tolerant and accommodating societies on Earth. That doesn't mean we've never made a mistake, though.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:53 am
RippleRock wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:56 am Thanks to Trudeau and his constant appologizing for the "crimes" or percieved wrongdoings of my long dead ancestors, I've never, ever felt so shitty to be a Canadian. Given that we are one of the most tolerant and accommodating societies on the planet....that's saying something.

What he is apologizing for were indeed crimes, and not "perceived" wrongdoings, but real ones. And many who committed those crimes, and many who directly suffered because of them, are still alive today. You are either willfully ignorant or grossly uninformed.

But I'll agree we're one of the most tolerant and accommodating societies on Earth. That doesn't mean we've never made a mistake, though.
I didn't quote any specific instance. Is there something on your mind specifically? I emphasized that humanity is far from perfect, and will likely never be. We make mistakes constantly. We could go all the way back to 30,000 BC and cite cases of Homo-Sapiens committing racial genocide against the Neanderthals. We could collect DNA and offer our condolences to those with remaining fragments. Or, we can admit that we are imperfect and strive to do better.

Trudeau has apologized many times for many things, nearly always without consulting those he represents. Proper, thorough investigations follow the findings of the "court of public opinion", if they are ever investigated properly at all.

If you are specifically refering to the to the "re-education schools", I'm not Catholic, nor was I born when these schools were established, nor did I have any say on how they were administered, nor records kept. The church needs to needs to step up. With their "missions" spanning the globe and their "thousand years" of pushing their religious beliefs on indigenous communities worldwide, especially in South America, I'm sure this is a rock they would prefer to leave unturned. This is the tip of a very large iceburg. The Vatican's pockets are very deep and they can well afford any reparations to those still living that suffered injury at their hands.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

RippleRock wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:56 am
montado wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:31 am The media has trained the masses to be idiots and religious type thinkers. Dummies will keep pointing their fingers at each other with no real evidence.
The media hasn't trained anyone......the masses are generally idiots. The political "flavor of the year" just takes advantage of it, and the Media is having a feeding-frenzy that selling fear creates.

Remember that half of the population has an IQ below 100. That's 1% from a majority. Think about that for a moment.
IQ tests are changed every few years so that 100 is the average score across a population.

Remember the difference between the average and the median.

Edited because I was an asshole.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

RippleRock wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:52 am I didn't quote any specific instance. Is there something on your mind specifically? I emphasized that humanity is far from perfect, and will likely never be. We make mistakes constantly. We could go all the way back to 30,000 BC and cite cases of Homo-Sapiens committing racial genocide against the Neanderthals. We could collect DNA and offer our condolences to those with remaining fragments. Or, we can admit that we are imperfect and strive to do better.

Trudeau has apologized many times for many things, nearly always without consulting those he represents. Proper, thorough investigations follow the findings of the "court of public opinion", if they are ever investigated properly at all.

If you are specifically refering to the to the "re-education schools", I'm not Catholic, nor was I born when these schools were established, nor did I have any say on how they were administered, nor records kept. The church needs to needs to step up. With their "missions" spanning the globe and their "thousand years" of pushing their religious beliefs on indigenous communities worldwide, especially in South America, I'm sure this is a rock they would prefer to leave unturned. This is the tip of a very large iceburg. The Vatican's pockets are very deep and they can well afford any reparations to those still living that suffered injury at their hands.
I think we agree on more than you think we do, with one glaring exception. I am a proud Canadian. With that comes the acceptance of our mistakes, and not just our accomplishments. If I am to be prideful of those accomplishments, I think I must therefore also be ashamed of our mistakes. I must accept all our history - not just the pieces of it that make me proud.

So, yes there was something on my mind when I posted that. I'm pretty sure it needs no elaboration. I had a very rude awakening some years ago, before the Truth and Reconciliation report came out. I've been itching to talk about it for years, so I I do apologize if I have inappropriately seized the opportunity.
RippleRock wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:52 amThe Vatican's pockets are very deep and they can well afford any reparations to those still living that suffered injury at their hands.
So are ours, and we bear no small modicum of fault.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I feel no guilt at all for something that happened many years ago that I had absolutely nothing to do with. People need to stop this whole guilt trip and move on. It’s pathetic.

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”