Canjet

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

green bastard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Canjet

Post by green bastard »

What happened to the canjet thread? Is it something I said? I dont see how any rules have been broken. Maybe KR controls this site also!
---------- ADS -----------

Airband
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Canjet

Post by Airband »

green bastard wrote:What happened to the canjet thread?
Add entire 'CanJet Discontinues Sked Service' thread to the 'disappeared'. Odd actions for a forum who's stated purpose is to provide a place to "Discuss topics relating to airlines."

Last edited by Airband on Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
V1VRV2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1VRV2 »

Your'e right its gone maybe the names being mentioned were starting to embarass a few who knows!!

Good luck

po'dcjer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by po'dcjer »

green bastard - your a bad man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kandoo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Kandoo »

Maybe mentioning names was a bit over the line. You could say " if incompetence came in buckets there is enough in Canjet Management to fill a pool."

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

While I did not have it removed there were a few posts that were very unflattering along with initials……we should not stoop to that level. Basically if you can not say it to an individual’s face it has no business being typed on a public site. Guys, I know people are angry but bottom line is we are all professionals and should act like it. Even when CanJet’s restructuring has been baffling and hurtful we will all survive. I am not condoning the way things transpired but they are out of our control. We all need to hold our heads high, know we did our best and move forward.

It was a great time at CanJet II and we all come away better for it 8) .

Rowdy Piper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Canjet

Post by Rowdy Piper »

It Looks like Canjet's making a come back :D :D :D

flynbutcher
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by flynbutcher »

Do u really want to go back?

flynbutcher
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by flynbutcher »

Whats this-------#5 now :!:

rickenbacker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by rickenbacker »

I believe it #4...but technically CJ2 hasnt closed...just fired everyone...so that would make #3. There's room for a good argument/discussion here I think.
Would I really want to go back? Sure...I'm unemployed. Do I want to commute? Not really. Do I want to go overseas? No again. I'm not stupid I know what CJ offers, how they treat their people but Air Canada hasnt called yet. I don't know why? It's been like 2 weeks now!!!!

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

What is in the works now!?? Charters? Anyway if they call you to go back...take it. I have learned that this industry shows no loyalty so just swallow your pride, take Mr. Rowe's money and look at it as just a pay check until you find something better. If CanJet now only operates as a charter company and actually takes it seriously...who knows you guys could get a sweet deal after all, and with fuel prices on the way down ya never know!!

On the flip side he could be just utilizing the aircraft till the leases are due (unsure of that date) and thats it for the CanJet name...I hope not but Mr. Rowe has shown he will not operate a losing venture so don't bet the farm he is setting up for a big charter outfit.

Good luck to all you guys and remember milk it for all it's worth :!:

TS

CanadaEH
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CanadaEH »

I don't know who Canjet would be flying for. It's mid-September and most if not all charter companies are already promoting their schedules for the winter season. If anyone hasn't, they probably won't. Both Sunquest and Transat have flying committed to Skyservice and Westjet metal, respectively.

po'dcjer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by po'dcjer »

read the papers tommorrow

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

Just got the scoop...(I think) Sunquest have put in a firm "2 aircraft order" for the charter season ( source: internal company memo) and are in talks with one of the divisions of Transat for a "4 aircraft order" for the whole charter season ( source:employee hearsay) thats makes 6 total and 4 aircraft are on their way back to the lessor....interesting.

Starting from scratch? only time will tell... I hope they make a go of it, good luck boys!!

Rowdy Piper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rowdy Piper »

If they run six airplanes, they're going to need a spare aswell. Are four going back to the lessor for sure.. that's going to put them a plane short..
I hope it works out for you Canjetter's, that should put 60-65 drivers back to work in the meantime..

Rowdy Rowdy Piper

2low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by 2low »

This used to be my playground. Why did it have to end. And why do they always say don't look back. Don't hold on to the past. :cry:

Jetette
Rank 1
Rank 1

Canjet

Post by Jetette »

Just wondering if anyone has an idea who isn't going back, besides the obvious 2 on LOA. Trying to figure out if I have a chance of getting back on.

Last edited by Jetette on Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
hind sight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hind sight »

So is there an official CanJet3 happening?
What's the scoop?

flynbutcher
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by flynbutcher »

yep, just don't know if they want 20 or 80 pilots. Stay tuned - we'll probably find out in 8 weeks when the first pogey cheque comes in. :x

LFMN
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LFMN »

Yeah would be nice for interest sake to find out how many guys have already gone to other Companies...
I am pretty far down anyway...but I hope to go back one day too.....

Any rumors....numbers...?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”