Training Bond

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Canus Chinookus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Canus Chinookus »

tripleseven wrote:Kenny, I like your name. You must watch spike TV.
Right you are, tripleseven!
---------- ADS -----------

Frogsky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Frogsky »

My line of credit is at 4.25% and Jetsgo pays me 8.75%.

tripleseven
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tripleseven »

I should change my handle to Guy LaDouche.

"LLLET'S GO!!!!"

gasper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gasper »

P.S. : If you want to walk on water, You have to get out of the boat!

Last edited by gasper on Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canus Chinookus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Canus Chinookus »

well, looks like Leblanc has finally found our stash of WJ koolaid... ;) I'm glad you're happy where you're at Gasper.

Jaques Strappe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Jaques Strappe »

I know one guy who went to the U.I. office and said he could be employed tomorrow at Jetsgo if he had $30k for training.

He actually qualified for some re-employment scheme, so it would appear that the rest of us are now also paying.

Don't tell Birddog, he will have a fit!

Standby for new atis message
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

gasper wrote:
It's funny how all the guys who don't have the stomach to take a calculated risk keep harping and harping on this 30K issue.
....It's like talking to a wall....

Sir, the 30K issue is the start of something deeper...I think you all choose NOT to understand the inifinate damage you are doing to our lifestyle and those to follow us in the future.

"don't have the stomach to take a calculated risk"

Thats got to be the most ignorant thing I have ever read...After reading this statement...I have just realized who I am talking to...I feel like an idiot...I have been talking to SHEEP the whole time...this IS my last post addressing any of you on this subject...

Good Luck (SG) folks...please fly safely.

IABD

Last edited by ... on Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

Jaques Strappe wrote: Don't tell Birddog, he will have a fit!
too late...the vein in my forehead is the size of a fire hose...

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

gasper wrote:I must say Rubber Biscuit you're posts are great! And I agree with you on many of them!

SG is really not that bad of a job is it! I have far less of an issue with the $30K than most folks do. If it comes to losing the cash then I say "Easy come - easy go". To tell you the truth, I haven't lost a moments sleep over the issue. I don't consider that amount of money worth worrying about. You have to make decisions in life based on what's on your plate at the time. What's the worst thing that could happen? The worst that could happen is that I lose the balance of the loan. Do I think that will happen? NO!

It's funny how all the guys who don't have the stomach to take a calculated risk keep harping and harping on this 30K issue. No one twisted my arm to be here; it was entirely my decison, and I still think it was a great decision for the lifestyle I wanted. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Meanwhile, I've had a great time learning all kinds of new stuff. It's been great flying coast to coast and way down south. I've also liked learning the FMS glass cockpit. What an amazing and capable aircraft! (If you don't know much about the F100 - it's BEAUTIFUL to fly!) I've also had the opportunity to work with/learn from some of the greatest FMS glass aviators anywhere on the planet!

Sure SG has had a few very minor wrinkles along the way, but from my perspective - LIFE IS GOOD! It will get even better as time goes on and the minor wrinkles are ironed out. (Remember WestJet's wrinkles - They decided to shutdown themselves for 5 weeks after a Transport Canada audit on their maintenance department was going to force TC to suspend their Operating Certificate - Since then, Westjet has gone on to build a terrific airline from some very humble beginnings and with a great bunch of people!).

In fact, all things considered, SG has been the best job yet for me and my situation and I've had a few good jobs through the years. It's a real treat just to be able to live back "home" here in Ontario! ....and to tell you the truth, I think that this company will be around for many years to come.

Look what has been accomplished so far! No one has ever before been able to orchestrate the many aspects of an airline and bring them together as fast as SG has. Everything isn't perfect, but it's a great place to work. If we can all do our best, stick together in Solidarity - it will work! I'm going to do my best to see this thing work by my [b[/b] a]attitudend effort! Flame away if you want to, but I know many of my collegues feel the same way.

:wink: Cheers!

P.S. : If you want to walk on water, You have to get out of the boat!

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”