Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Blastor
Rank 8
Rank 8

Battling CEO flyboys head for different hangars

Post by Blastor »

Battling CEO flyboys head for different hangars

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - Page B2

Don't expect Jetsgo CEO Michel Leblanc to turn up tomorrow for a scheduled discussion on biz strategy with WestJet CEO Clive Beddoe. Leblanc had initially told aviation conference organizers he would appear -- but that was before Jetsgo sued WestJet, alleging espionage and theft of confidential Jetsgo documents. Those papers (and others belonging to Air Canada) were allegedly found in the trash of a WestJet executive. Leblanc has now asked to appear on a different panel -- far away from Beddoe. Of course, if the spying charges are true, Beddoe will already have known about Leblanc's change of heart.

LA QUEEN Whatever you may think of the (ahem) vocal talents of Celine Dion, you can't argue about her brand recognition. To the mighty engine of those lungs, Air Canada has now hitched its comeback ad campaign, in which diva Dion delivers "You and I Were Meant to Fly," (hopefully not with WestJet, CanJet or Jetsgo). Celine, of course, does not write her own material -- so who composed the song? I am pleased to report that the lyric credit goes to Jacques Duval, CEO of Marketel, the Montreal agency that also developed the ads. Duval wrote the song last year; the notion of using it came up after the airline completed its restructuring. The music was written by my friend Aldo Nova, a Montreal musician.

thegoat@globeandmail.ca
---------- ADS -----------

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

WestJet CEO Clive Beddoe IMHO is a loose cannon and the lawsuits might just prove him to be a dishonest one at that, so you can’t blame Leblanc for not wanting to share the same podium with him. Would you want to be on the same panel as him? Not me...

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

On the other hand, personally I would not want to share too close a space with M.L; so I guess everybody can be happy. 8)

Blastor
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Blastor »

On the other hand M.Leblanc is not involved in any lawsuit and his airline is doing very well thank-you-very-much.

On the other hand, I hope Beddoe hangs. Go ahead shareholders kick is a**

WJ700
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by WJ700 »

Or... maybe ML is a Greaseball who can't face who he's accused because they both know it's a media stunt by JetsGo... just maybe.

Blastor
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Blastor »

Media stunt?

If it keeps filing the seats, than go ahead make more stunt M. Leblanc

Greaseball? I thought you meant Beddoe! Too polite a description of course..

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”