jetsgo

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

If AC makes it, you can be sure that their pilots are going to get some more trims in pay and benefits, the federal and provencial governments will continue to pump money into the puppy farms ensuring a steady stream of eager,low priced help.
So whine as you may,the market and not day dreaming of bygone days,will dictate wages and benefits.
---------- ADS -----------

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

tsgas wrote:If AC makes it, you can be sure that their pilots are going to get some more trims in pay and benefits, the federal and provencial governments will continue to pump money into the puppy farms ensuring a steady stream of eager,low priced help.
So whine as you may,the market and not day dreaming of bygone days,will dictate wages and benefits.
Exactly my point. What do you think the market will be like if AC were to fold? Even with further 'trims' there will still be a 'bar' at the top end if they exist.

Basically, the higher the ceiling, the higher the potential.

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

I think that WJ will lead in pilot compensation just like SW does in the U.S.
I remember about 18 months ago when some AC pilots bragged about how much more productive they were compared to their U.S. counterparts.Well with a 20 % rise in the CAD and massive pay cuts that are going on and will continue at US Airways,the AC people will no longer be in the position of power that they were.
LCC is what the public demands .Pilots paid $200K, Ramp rats paid $75 K, and FA's $65 K doesn't cut it today. Pilot compensation will go up at LCC if the company as a whole can compete in this new reality.

CHICKEN WINGS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CHICKEN WINGS »

KING AIR GUY - Don't forget, not only you bring 30K at Jetsgo, but you also don't get payd the first 8 weeks ! Until one of your groundschool mates does his first revenu flight.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Same as at Candian Regional only it was no pay till YOU did your first revenue flight.

overtorque
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by overtorque »

I'm with king air guy (previous page)
- Our F/O's make 40 - 50,000 and captain's on the BE20 start at 75,000 for flying 600 hours a year and living in a great city with time off whenever you want it. Why would anyboby want to go and pay 30,000 grand for a rating is beyond me.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

I don't think alot of pilots left good jobs to go to Jetsgo. The ones from Jazz and A/C were, for the most part, laid off and believe me, Jetsgo pays ALOT more than EI. As well, some pilots aspire to fly something bigger than a BE-20. There is nothing wrong with flying a King Air, but some guys and gals would like to have a shot at something bigger. Its not for everyone, but for someone who wants to fly jets, Jetsgo looks pretty promising.
By the way, where do you work? I haven't heard of many places that pay 75,000 to fly a King Air.

Squawk7700
Rank 0
Rank 0

Getting a job at Jetsgo...

Post by Squawk7700 »

To any Jetsgo pilots out there, whats the secret to getting a job at Jetsgo. I mean, besides the references. Do I have to get my friends to take my resume in, or do I send it in myself? I'm sure everyone there has a friend that wants help getting on, so whats the secret to getting noticed? I have been sending my resume to the address and person listed at pilotcareercenter.com. and have also done the online ap thing at Hollandline.

I haven't had any bites yet and I figure for now they are picking up guys with Jet time for the Fokkers so they can get a quick upgrade.

Think they will consider us turbine guys a little bit later on?

3400 TT, 3100 Multi Turb, 750 Multi Turb Pic, 1150 on 12,500.

Thanks

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

They are looking for guys with lots of command time, not just jet time (of course some jet time wouldn't hurt) The average time for the guys in the first gs was somewhere around 9000hrs or so with some having well over 10-12000hrs. I think they will eventually get to guys with lower time but it won't be before the end of the summer from what I hear. Keep pluggin away, the call will come one day. Good Luck!

kjet83
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kjet83 »

Ground school No 3 includes two former Royal Airbus310 captains, one a check A, two First Air B727/737 pilots one a captain and one an F/O. One turboprop Captain 10,000 hours PIC and several MD83 Captains. Pretty heady stuff. A new course with every A/C every 5 weeks until 2006. There are still a lot of openings.

alpha speed
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by alpha speed »

The best way to get hired is of course with a reference.
The best way to survive the interview is to loose the sky God attitude.
You would not believe what some people say at an interview. :?
Several Sky Gods slipped through the cracks and there are now Pilots conducting the interviews.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”