Possible Aircraft Incident in CYMM

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

WS739
Rank 3
Rank 3

Possible Aircraft Incident in CYMM

Post by WS739 »

Aircraft sopposeldy leaves end of runway and damaged nose gear.
No articles for proof just word of mouth.
Add another one to the books
---------- ADS -----------

Blastor
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Blastor »

Is that what Westjet hopes for?

Aircraft accidents and incidents? People hurt? :shock:

Sad indeed
WS739 posted:

Rumor

an unofficial interesting story or piece of news that might be true or invented, which quickly spreads from person to person. insinuate, gossip, grist for the gossip mill. hearsay.

Synonyms: back-fence talk, breeze, comment, cry, dispatch, earful, fabrication, falsehood, fiction, gossip, grapevine, hearsay, hoax, hot wire, innuendo, invention, latrine rumor, lie, noise, rumble, scandal, scuttlebutt, story, supposition, tale.
Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Possible Aircraft Incident in CYMM

Post by RB211 »

WS739 wrote:Aircraft sopposeldy leaves end of runway and damaged nose gear.
With 'no articles for proof just word of mouth.' maybe it is premature to add 'another' one to the books. :roll:

Typhoon pilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Possible Aircraft Incident in CYMM

Post by Typhoon pilot »

WS739 wrote:Aircraft sopposeldy leaves end of runway and damaged nose gear.
Add another what to what books? Who was it when was it and wheres the proof? These BS rumours stories are getting a little much. If you do work for WJ have some pride and dignity and stay quiet. By throwing out these little gems all you do is make us all look like a bunch of stuck up aroggant school yard idiots. No wonder our industry peers love to see us getting knocked around.

Blastor I don't speak for anyone at WJ other than myself when I say no I would hate like hell to see anyone get hurt or killed on anyones aircraft.

Live like you will die today
Dream like you will live forever
Canus Chinookus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Canus Chinookus »

any of you guys whining about rumors need to quit the internet entirely and go read a book if you can't handle it. There WILL ALWAYS be rumors on these forums! Get used to it.

now, having said that, I HEARD that it was indeed a SG flight, but that's about it.

tripleseven
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tripleseven »

Your post seemed half-intelligent, until the last line. What are you trying to prove? I'm not exactly a Jetsgo fan either, but sheesh, get a grip.

You guys need an attitide adjustment, big time. In my opinion, this is Westjet's and Westjet's employees fatal flaw. I bet you were all suprised when AC survived CCAA, weren't you? They are the least of your worries now. I guess it would be difficult not to be smug if my fearless leader was talking smack every chance he got in the press.

The average travellers that we carry don't give a rat's ass about loyalty. They are going to fly with the airline who provides the cheapest flight, period. They don't care about leather seats, live TV, Star lounges, jokes or lack thereof. They just want the cheapest way to get from A to B.

There are two new low costs coming into the western market now. This is going to stimulate a price war, and provide competition. That is what Westjet wanted, right? To provide a choice for the buyers of airfares? Do I think Westjet is going to survive the low-fare arena? Yeah, probably. But I think they are going battered and bruised, just like every other airline has been lately.

WS739
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WS739 »

Honestly if you are so shallow and narrowminded to say that i wish harm and death on other people you really have no life but to judge.
Dont ever say tat stuff again!
Fly Safe

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

Canus Chinookus wrote:any of you guys whining about rumors need to quit the internet entirely and go read a book if you can't handle it. There WILL ALWAYS be rumors on these forums! Get used to it.

now, having said that, I HEARD that it was indeed a SG flight, but that's about it.
It's not the rumour that I had an objection to, it was the 'fait d'accompli' (surely misspelled that :oops: )comment 'add another one to the books'.

Tossing something out there for clarification/comment is one thing, stating it is fact without veification is another.

p-thrust
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by p-thrust »

Just checked our monthly flying sched and while checking in I talked to dispatch, both say your full of hitsay. as in didn't happen, for those not too quick on the draw.

You guys are really like a bunch of kids out there, i dont usually post but do read for a laugh. Some of you younger pups will learn not to throw stones the hard way while your burning all your bridges in this very small industry. People do have a way of remembering the whinners, bitchers, and yes the bullshitters too. Cause I hate to break it too ya Westjet and Jetsgo have more in common then you think, lower cost, lower pay, clones of a low cost, low pay airline.

Ryan Coke
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ryan Coke »

I agree with most of your post, and I am not impressed by some of the unfounded mudslinging that goes on here towards Jetsgo (and everyone else, for that matter).

But the similarites between Jetsgo and WestJet end at the term 'Low-cost'. Maybe in time as Jetsgo evolves, it might become more similar. But trust me, very little else is similar in the way these 2 airlines currently operate.

Good luck.

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

WS739 Hey don't think that your airline is Gods gift to flying it has it faults too.

WestJet 737 wheel catches fire

Posted by Jet Thrust News Team on April 21st @ 20:08
REGINA - Passengers and crew of a WestJet 737 jet had to quickly evacuate the plane today after the right main landing wheel caught fire after the plane touched down.

No one was injured on WestJet flight No. 210 from Calgary, said airline spokeswoman Siobhan Vinish.

"The approach and landing were normal. Upon landing, the aircraft was notified by air traffic control that there was a fire on the right main wheel of the aircraft," Vinish said.

"There were 110 guests and six crew members on board. They were deplaned on the tarmac."

Tanya Herback, a manger with WestJet at the Regina airport, said emergency procedures went according to plan.

The passengers slid down the plane's emergency-exit shoots and were bused to the terminal where they were given juice to calm their nerves. Their bags were unloaded and people were allowed to leave.

Wayne Pidskalny, manager of operations with the Regina Airport Authority, said the fire was put out using two airport fire trucks.

"I believe that it was just a lot of heat and smoke," he said. "Everything was out within a short time."

There were no major delays with other flights because Regina airport has two other runways.

"In my opinion, it's an emergency that did occur. However, everyone performed in a routine emergency fashion," Pidskalny said. "I would class this as a minor incident."

The plane landed at about 1 p.m. local time. Two hours later it still remained at the end of the runway with airport vehicles surrounding it.

Vinish said the aircraft was grounded and being inspected to determine what caused the fire.

The Transportation Safety Board is in charge of the investigation, Pidskalny said.

Most of the passengers on the flight were from the Regina-area, said Vinish.

WOW stuff happens at Westjet as well.

Rectum, damn near killed 'em
WS739
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WS739 »

No your exaclty right, Howvever, When you have a near cataastrophe, smoke in cockpit, 3 engine flameouts, RVSM rovoked, continuous APU mechanicals ohhh in the neighborhood of around a month then i would have to say luck isnt on their side.
Thus adding another incident to the books.
Do your research before you try and argue
Cheers
FLy Safe

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

WS739 (yawn)

If you want to get into this here we go (shaking head sadly)

The Westjet Airlines Boeing 737-200, WJA 28, serial number 21770, departed Abbotsford International Airport, British Columbia, at 0632 Pacific standard time for Calgary, Alberta, with 5 crew and 52 passengers on board. Shortly after the aircraft passed through 1500 feet above ground level, the pilots heard a series of loud bangs similar to those of an engine compressor stall. The initial indications on the engine instruments showed abnormally high exhaust gas temperature and a declining power turbine speed on the No. 2 engine. The pilot flying levelled the aircraft at about 3000 feet above ground level and carried out the engine limit/surge/stall quick reference checklist. The pilots confirmed a problem with the No. 2 engine and reduced thrust to idle, where the engine appeared to operate normally. Flight attendants confirmed that there was no obvious visible damage to the engine. The pilots then notified Abbotsford Tower of their intention to return to Abbotsford International Airport and informed the passengers. The airport emergency response services were called out but were not required to attend the aircraft.

So WOW I guess Westjet has there problems too.

We can both bring up incidents with both companies but why?

wjafa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wjafa »

DA900.. could you please supply the date of this incident and any links to the media coverage of the event. As well, I would assume that this was TC reportable, do you have the report available to you?

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

If you would take 30 sec. on Google you can find them.

http://www.tsb.gc.ca/en/reports/air/200 ... 2P0021.asp

http://www.jetthrust.com/news/news.php?topicid=337

My point is I'm not trying to get in a pissing match this dosen't help or improve the industry. We can review TSB reports and find Jetsgo, Westjet, Air Canada, Canjet and others but so what!

This is what they called M.A.D. (Mutual Assured Destruction) during the Cold War. You make a missile I make another missile. You bring up a incident I bring up a incident. There is no winner in this just a lot of spite.

Last edited by DA900 on Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canus Chinookus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Canus Chinookus »

ok, poo flinging aside, did this 'rumor' ever get substantiated or what?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”