Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

CRJ705driver
Rank 0
Rank 0

AirTransat.... so inspiring

Post by CRJ705driver »

I find this quote totaly unbelievable!!
The only downside, however it is difficult to make long-term plans with family and friends! “I never know when I will be on duty…Stéphane Auclair
Link: http://www.transat.com/en/careers/profi ... clair.aspx
In fact, if it is true I feel sorry for the guy!
JK
---------- ADS -----------

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: AirTransat.... so inspiring

Post by TopperHarley »

Perhaps it's a poor translation or poor choice of vocab on his part, but we definetly know when we are on duty. Scheduling here is not much different than it is at other large airlines. He must've quoted that while being on reserve.

And don't feel sorry for the guy. I'm sure he doesn't mind his layovers in France, Spain, Portugal, Punta Cana, etc. :rolleyes: Sounds as if he'd prefer more time at home with the family though.

‎"Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly." - Mother Theresa
Rotten Apple #1
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Rotten Apple #1 »

I think the good captain is referring to any pilot or FA job with any airline. It's tough to make a commitment a couple of months into the future when you don't know for sure (100%) if you will be working or not.

CRJ705driver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Not so difficult

Post by CRJ705driver »

Not so difficult to schedule in advance with the majority of the jobs I have had or currently have... when you work 4 on and 5 off rotational throughout the year with a recycling of the schedule after holidays then it is not so difficult... What gets me is this comment: "I never know when I will be on duty"…Stéphane Auclair

I hope for him that it is just a translation problem because to be honest, no matter how you try to perceive his comment it doesn't place the pilot lifestyle at AT in very good light... :lol:
English is also not my first language either...
JK

Last edited by CRJ705driver on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Not so difficult

Post by TopperHarley »

CRJ705driver wrote: I hope for him that it is just a translation problem because to be honest, no matter how you try to perceive his comment it doesn't place the pilot lifestyle at AT in very good light... :lol:
English is also not my first language either...
JK
Scheduling here is not much different than it is at Jazz, mon ami. I'd say Transat pilots are quite happy on the most part with our lifestyle. There's always room for improvement though, which is true for every other airline, including Jazz.

CRJ705driver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Uh huh!

Post by CRJ705driver »

I don't work for JAZZ anymore... moved on to better pastures! Glad you like AT, seems to me that Mr. Auclair has his complaints! I would suggest that you suggest to AT to drop his comment from their official website; it just doesn't do the position he is in justice! Just sayyin

swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

So are you working for Chorus now :-)?

again
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Uh huh!

Post by again »

CRJ705driver wrote:I don't work for JAZZ anymore... moved on to better pastures! Glad you like AT, seems to me that Mr. Auclair has his complaints! I would suggest that you suggest to AT to drop his comment from their official website; it just doesn't do the position he is in justice! Just sayyin
He wrote a summary of his job at AT, most likely at the request of AT. It also reads as though he is referring to being able to make plans further than one month away.
AT subsequently put it on their website. Obviously they aren't too concerned, and I'm not sure why you are either.
No airline job is all rainbows and butterflies. Good for him for being candid about his experience.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

Despite the comments that AT are looking for pilots, there are no flight crew postings on their website.
Have they stopped pilot recruitment?

Gino :partyman:

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

They only post when they are planning interviews. When they decide on the next interview dates, the positions they are interviewing for will be posted.

Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ....... »

Definately a bad translation. The french page tells the whole story, as most of you already understood. Tough to make long term plans when you have a monthly schedule... Typical CM dilemma!

Carry on... Nothing to see here...

JTrain
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JTrain »

Did Transat interview pilot candidates earlier this week (18th, 19th?) in Montreal?

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

I know they were interviewing first week of July, not sure about the dates you posted. Interviews have been ongoing though.

aerodude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aerodude »

Just saw some new equipment bids. Expect more interviews in the next month!

BTyyj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Uh huh!

Post by BTyyj »

again wrote:
CRJ705driver wrote:I don't work for JAZZ anymore... moved on to better pastures! Glad you like AT, seems to me that Mr. Auclair has his complaints! I would suggest that you suggest to AT to drop his comment from their official website; it just doesn't do the position he is in justice! Just sayyin
He wrote a summary of his job at AT, most likely at the request of AT. It also reads as though he is referring to being able to make plans further than one month away.
AT subsequently put it on their website. Obviously they aren't too concerned, and I'm not sure why you are either.
No airline job is all rainbows and butterflies. Good for him for being candid about his experience.
I agree. I respect Air Transat for putting that up, even though, as Skylounger pointed out, it was just a bad translation. I think it would be silly to take anything away from that statement negatively. Honestly, any pilot looking to go into that position probably already knows what they are getting in to.

I'm glad I'm not judgmental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”