Canadian Norths New Deal

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

idledetent
Rank 1
Rank 1

Canadian Norths New Deal

Post by idledetent »

Is there anyone at the Canadian North pilot group/ALPA association able to shed some highlights,( including their new pay rates), of their new contract?
Also could they add those highlights onto the Airlinepilotcentral.com website. Thank-you.
---------- ADS -----------

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Canadian Norths New Deal

Post by Diadem »

Bump.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Been asked to not post details..so removed it. Sorry guys, contact Canadian North HR if you are interested in specifics.....

Last edited by tbaylx on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

Sounds to me like a pretty good deal...

As you said, always room for advances and improvements but overall for being a brand new ALPA member (2011) - a positive start!

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Anybody from Porter want to post their info? How about Skyregional? Morningstar? Sunwing?

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airl ... adian.html

ILS26_Steep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ILS26_Steep »

I tried posting the Porter info last summer. They still haven't uploaded it.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

tbaylx, thanks for posting that info, just curious why the per-diem is higher on the D8? Are there any bidding restrictions between types?

FAF inbound
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FAF inbound »

TheStig wrote:tbaylx, thanks for posting that info, just curious why the per-diem is higher on the D8? Are there any bidding restrictions between types?
Ummm... you've never shopped for groceries or eaten out in YFB, have ya? :shock:
It's a tad more expensive than down South.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

FAF inbound,

My intention was to ask an honest question to a useful post. The fact that different types within Canadian North's fleet command different per-diems caught my attention.

Whether or not I personally have or have not spent thousands of dollars buying groceries at the North Mart (or wings at the Frobisher Inn,) is largely irrelevant…as I was obviously unaware that Canadian North had its Dash fleet based in YFB. Your response contributes nothing to this forum, unlike the posters' to whom I'd addressed my question to.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

That's the reason although most crews take up food from down south and stock it in the apartments.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

As above for the per diems, the D8 crews have mostly 8 day pairings out of YFB so costs are higher.

There is a 2 year position freeze once you bid onto a type. However that does not apply for your first type once you are hired, you can freely bid between fleets as openings come up. You can't bump someone, and the open positions are seniority based.

FAF inbound
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FAF inbound »

TheStig wrote:FAF inbound,

My intention was to ask an honest question to a useful post. The fact that different types within Canadian North's fleet command different per-diems caught my attention.

Whether or not I personally have or have not spent thousands of dollars buying groceries at the North Mart (or wings at the Frobisher Inn,) is largely irrelevant…as I was obviously unaware that Canadian North had its Dash fleet based in YFB. Your response contributes nothing to this forum, unlike the posters' to whom I'd addressed my question to.
Well, (with tongue in cheek) if you read your initial post... the question was pretty fair game IMHO . One more thing... RELAX!!! :goodman:

Seriously though, the post is quite comprehensive and lays out 5Ts terms well. Guys rotate in/out of YFB (sometimes up to 8 days at a time) and the per diems have been adjusted to reflect that.

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

Any pension? Rsp match?

What is the average block window?

I suspect it's all seniority too. How many reserve lines?

How long before u get a block?

Junior Boeing guys probably have to wait a long time to get a good schedule I'm assuming. How long befor Christmas off etc.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Squid wrote:Any pension? Rsp match?

What is the average block window?

I suspect it's all seniority too. How many reserve lines?

How long before u get a block?

Junior Boeing guys probably have to wait a long time to get a good schedule I'm assuming. How long befor Christmas off etc.
Company matched defined contribution pension.

Boeing is just under max credit hours which includes credit for dead heading of which we do a lot when flying the -300. Not sure about the Dash.

Bidding days off is via monthly rotating seniority in groups of about 5 so there is parity for your schedule bidding and you can request a reserve block if they are available.

Vacation bidding is by straight seniority but with rotating monthly schedule bidding it is possible to get Christmas off without holding it in vacation. I have had every Christmas off in over 6 years and never used vacation for it.

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

Cool, what's % of the contribution match?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”