Working in Dubai

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Ilikebeaver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Working in Dubai

Post by Ilikebeaver »

Just had a few questions if anyone knew... Is it hard to get hired in Dubai as an entry level pilot/Canadian? (Less then 1000TT) and what is it like living there.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Working in Dubai

Post by Panama Jack »

To answer your question, yes it is hard (if not impossible) to get a pilot job with that kind of profile in Dubai. If you have an Instructor Rating, there are a few schools and a microlight aeroclub around and about the Emirates, but from what I see it is dominated by the so-called "Indian-mafia." It will likely have no effect on making you a "guy who is at the right place, right time" when Emirates or Air Arabia go through a hiring spurt.

I don't live in Dubai, but it is expensive, bling-bling, somewhat superficial, and uncomfortably hot in the summer.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

I DO live in Dubai, and it is expensive, bling-bling, somewhat superficial, and uncomfortably hot in the summer. But if you work for Emirates, they provide your accommodation (which removes your largest expense), you aren't forced to buy the bling, superficial people are everywhere, and they have this new thing called air conditioning. Summer in Dubai is like winter in Winnipeg, you stick to indoor projects and activities.

Basically, none of those things are a big deal. There are other things worth discussing, that are. But the fact is, there aren't really any opportunities for low-pilots. Sorry.

groundtoflightdeck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by groundtoflightdeck »

So what other things are worth discussing for those looking at Emirates and Dubai? Thanks.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”