How many English ONLY speaking pilots has Transat hired?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

How many English ONLY speaking pilots has Transat hired?

Post by av8tor_assrope »

Since information from Sunwing, CanJet, xSkyService, WestJet ect is easily available can someone from Transat answer (with hard facts) as too how many ENGLISH ONLY pilots they have hired in their history? Will you not deny the fact that Transat has a history of only hiring Quebecers? Does being heavy jet experienced but unable to speak French make me a foreigner to your company and your province?

Its only when the pool runs dry that you are forced to look outside la belle province? Well I'll start. I happen to know of 3 jet experienced guys that were looked over because they couldn't speak French. If you're going to question others hiring practices why don't you start with your own company?
---------- ADS -----------

newcomer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: How many English ONLY speaking pilots has Transat hired?

Post by newcomer »

How many Quebecers has Wesjet hired? Let me laugh out loud!

3 holer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3 holer »

Last time I checked Quebec was still part of Canada and the pilots they hire are Canadians traveling on Canadian passports or PR's paying Canadian taxes and putting money into the Canadian economy. If 40% of the passengers are French Canadian on Transat and they also serve a large number of destinations in France it's logical to place a high value on your crews being bilingual. I live in Ontario and I have sent my kids to French Immersion school because we believe being bilingual in an officially bilingual country will have many advantages for our kids. Another pretty weak point. Keep them coming your proving how way out in left field you are.

60N30W
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 60N30W »

av8tor_assrope wrote:Since information from Sunwing, CanJet, xSkyService, WestJet ect is easily available can someone from Transat answer (with hard facts) as too how many ENGLISH ONLY pilots they have hired in their history? Will you not deny the fact that Transat has a history of only hiring Quebecers? Does being heavy jet experienced but unable to speak French make me a foreigner to your company and your province?

Its only when the pool runs dry that you are forced to look outside la belle province? Well I'll start. I happen to know of 3 jet experienced guys that were looked over because they couldn't speak French. If you're going to question others hiring practices why don't you start with your own company?

In regard to how many English only speaking pilots have been hired in the 25 year history of Air Transat, I can tell you there have been some, as to how many, don't think anyone has tracked that. Now before you throw this back at me, has any airline in Canada ever kept track of how many English only speaking pilots, or French only, or Bilingual pilots they have hired in their history? Highly doubt Air Canada, Westjet or any other carrier in the country could tell you that information, basically because it does not matter. We, like every other carrier in CANADA hire just pilots!

As to your three buddies that did not hired, I am going to hazard a guess that there is more to it than lack of French, maybe they did not do well in the sim or their general attitude did not work in the interview. Not saying your buddies lied to you, but.......

Air Transat's hiring practices are no different than any other airline in the country, yes there are lots of Quebecers in the company, makes sense, head office is in Montreal and pretty easy for the locals to bang on the door. ( Took me a few years of phone calls to get in, I was too far away to knock on the door, YQT at the time I got hired) . Pretty sure there are more Albertans at Westjet for much the same reasons, are you questioning their hiring practices?

As to you being qualified or not to be hired at TSC I am not even going to hazard a guess based on the simple fact I have no idea who you are, go ahead an post under your own name and stop hiding behind your handle and you will have some credibility. Once you do that I ll let you know if you would get hired or not.

Regards,

Matthew Jackson
TSC Captain

For the record I am bilingual, product of the Edmonton Public School system. That being said think it was the fact that I flew the Convair that go me hired and not my language fluency.

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

The "I'm upset with Gilles" thread is a different one. Locked.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”