[ 22 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:49 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Anyone seen the posting on the jobs page!? what is the scoop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:07 pm 
Rank 5
Rank 5

Who, with a type rating, will go there? Maybe Jazz or Porter FO's for an upgrade?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:06 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Hey North Cariboo! Just go to HRSDC and apply for an LMO to import some Q400 type rated Foreign pilot. You won't have to pay for training. Then once he/she arrives, pay them overseas through an offshore company and don't declare the pilot to the CRA and you'll save on all the other stuff Canadian employees normally cost. Since he/she will basically be collecting a tax and deductions free salary, in an offshore account, they will be happy working for less. Of course you need not pay vacation and all that either. They will eventually bring their friends over too. Licences! No problem. The good people at TC will rubber stamp his/her home country licence as long as he/she can pass the instrument ride in a Q400 simulator. It should be a piece of cake. Just put a qualified Canadian Q400 pilot in the other seat. The FLVC is valid for one year at a time but TC will renew it every year without any problem, allowing continuous and un-interrupted flying with a foreign licence. All the pilot has to do is maintain his offshore status. Since they don't pay taxes anyway, that is easy to prove. Work permit expiry? No problem. They'll eventually renew it. Just tell them a Canadian corporation will lose money if they don't. In the meantime, they can work without one. Just provide the pilot with a letter stating the foreigner is in Canada "training". Nobody will come snooping around. Especially if you don't fly international. If anyone causes any trouble, give me a call. I'll tell you what to tell them to shut them up and make them go away. Others do what I just described so why not North Cariboo and any other company. Why bother with expensive and troublesome Canadian pilots.......

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:53 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

I'm pretty sure people don't appreciate you hijacking their thread Gilles. You seem desperate and frustrated. Must be because you've lost the support of ACPA, ALPA and even your own employer, Transat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:56 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Gilles Hudicourt wrote:
Hey North Cariboo! Just go to HRSDC and apply for an LMO to import some Q400 type rated Foreign pilot. You won't have to pay for training. Then once he/she arrives, pay them overseas through an offshore company and don't declare the pilot to the CRA and you'll save on all the other stuff Canadian employees normally cost. Since he/she will basically be collecting a tax and deductions free salary, in an offshore account, they will be happy working for less. Of course you need not pay vacation and all that either. They will eventually bring their friends over too. Licences! No problem. The good people at TC will rubber stamp his/her home country licence as long as he/she can pass the instrument ride in a Q400 simulator. It should be a piece of cake. Just put a qualified Canadian Q400 pilot in the other seat. The FLVC is valid for one year at a time but TC will renew it every year without any problem, allowing continuous and un-interrupted flying with a foreign licence. All the pilot has to do is maintain his offshore status. Since they don't pay taxes anyway, that is easy to prove. Work permit expiry? No problem. They'll eventually renew it. Just tell them a Canadian corporation will lose money if they don't. In the meantime, they can work without one. Just provide the pilot with a letter stating the foreigner is in Canada "training". Nobody will come snooping around. Especially if you don't fly international. If anyone causes any trouble, give me a call. I'll tell you what to tell them to shut them up and make them go away. Others do what I just described so why not North Cariboo and any other company. Why bother with expensive and troublesome Canadian pilots.......

has North Cariboo hired foreign pilots?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:11 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

No they haven't and I hope they never will. It was all tongue-in-cheek......

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:46 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Great News. EnjoY! I look forward to flyin with ya.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:16 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Actually really good satire like Gilles' is always appreciated, probably because it's more intelligent than 97% of the crap that gets posted here.

Note that RodgerDodger doesn't actually refute anything Gilles said, just scolds like a schoolmarm....

*sigh*

Here's hoping there isn't someone at NCA studying Sunwing/CanJet carefully as we speak. Be nice to get a few more Canadian jobs on the go. Now that the Western aircraft manufacturers have sold out to the Middle East.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/03/busin ... index.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/17/trave ... ord-deals/

How's THAT for a thread hijack?!

You will ALL work in the Middle East one day, if you want a decent wage. The only ones working in Canada will be the lowly-paid foreigners on temporary contracts. (Don't forget, vote for Harper!)

MUHAHAHAH! *evil laugh*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:24 pm 
Rank 5
Rank 5

Gilles Hudicourt wrote:

Soooooooo sick of the thread hi-jacking.......boo-hoo Gilles.....happy, you got some sympathy.

Thought this thread was about NCA and them getting Q400's?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:30 am 
Rank 10
Rank 10

His concerns are very valid on a macro Canadian industry viewpoint. His tongue in cheek post are based on other carriers past practices and should concern every pilot in Canada.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

:smt032 :smt032 Or they could just upgrade their current dash drivers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:00 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Last edited by twinpratts on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Gilles Hudicourt wrote:

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:12 pm 
Rank 5
Rank 5

twinpratts wrote:
Gilles Hudicourt wrote:

:roll:

YUP!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:21 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Should be in YYC in a couple of weeks.

Attachments:
IMG-20140130-00878 (1024x768).jpg
IMG-20140130-00878 (1024x768).jpg [ 798.21 KiB | Viewed 2821 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:44 pm 
Rank 4
Rank 4

That looks really sharp!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:32 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

100% with you Gilles! Hi-jack all the threads to keep the point alive and in their face!

Nice paint job! Plane looks good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:07 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Rumor has it that two dash captains just stabbed every other pilot that works there in the back. Anybody know more?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:09 pm 
Rank 5
Rank 5

leftoftrack wrote:
Rumor has it that two dash captains just stabbed every other pilot that works there in the back. Anybody know more?

Something tells me you know more but are fishing for a word war on this site against the two.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:30 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

leftoftrack wrote:

NOT true at all!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:02 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

leftoftrack wrote:

Quite the opposite. One Dash captain had the courage to stand up to management when they tried to spring a $12,000 bond after he and three others (all internal and already typed) were awarded Q400 positions. Because of him, none of them had to sign.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:42 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

pile_it wrote:
leftoftrack wrote:

Quite the opposite. One Dash captain had the courage to stand up to management when they tried to spring a $12,000 bond after he and three others (all internal and already typed) were awarded Q400 positions. Because of him, none of them had to sign.

Both Captains did....