Canada Jetlines

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Canada Jetlines

Post by pianokeys »

complexintentions wrote:But why is Canada such a nation of dickheads that take pleasure in the misfortune of others? An entrepreneur trying to make a new business, who believes in it to the point he'll take on massive debt on his credit cards to desperately try and keep it alive - this is who we make fun of?
Its worth lampooning something thats only going to do harm to the aviation industry. The possible harm is that this company will drive wages down because of its ULCC model, making it harder for people in the aviation industry to make a living. Would you want a competing company to come in and undercut your company in terms of sale prices, which would then force your company to cut back its most expensive cost, the people, your wage?
complexintentions wrote:The relevance - or lack of it - of this proposed venture isn't my point. But the smugness of people who are basically just wage-slaves, at the misfortune of people who actually take risks, is an embarrassment.
Try calling a regional pilot in the US, or some up here even, a 'wage-slave' and that they deserve low pay because their bosses are taking gargantuan risks. If thats how you see it, thats embarrassing.
---------- ADS -----------

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

One place I fly into regularly is MYAT. It is served by Silver Airways from the U.S. I thought this may be a service which might be handy to me occasionally. So I decided to look into it. The f/o on the Be02 fleet is making $18900/yr and the $22,000/yr on the Saab. These crews are forced to domicile in the inexpensive (sarcastic) areas like ft lauderdale. So, my question is, how do we know that a crew is prepared physically and mentally for a flight, when they could very well have to live in a shelter and get food from a food bank? (I wish that was sarcastic)
I don't think I will be using that service. Does anyone want to see that happen in Canada? Complexintentions, I hope not and if they do, I hope we ridicule them right out of the country. If that makes us bad people then so be it, but does it make us worse than them and "dickheads" because the rich guy is just trying to make a quick million while the worker bees barely make a penny? I think not!

awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by awitzke »

Last edited by awitzke on Mon May 11, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

awitzke wrote:JP doesn't like his ventures to fail.
That is why you will never see him have anything to do with this goat rope...

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

Ahhhhh zombie threads....

Looks like they might start flying in 2019. Apparently the aircraft lease(s) is moving along.

Anyone care to chime in here with the standard "rabble rabble"? Anyone own any stock? :rolleyes:

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Way to bring this back to life.

It's funny to read the comments from 4 years ago, prior to the kerfuffle surrounding Swoop.

I guess we should be seeing WAWCONs listed shortly.

S.

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

This "airline" has been very good at staying in the news; and had the foresight to make their shares available for trade years before they had done anything else!

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Well this topic and the many associated posts started five years ago and this airline hasn’t done their first take off yet.

Jerry Boyle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jerry Boyle »

They are also the industry leader in safety with absolutely no accidents or incidents. Congratulations Canada Jetlines!!!

If you can mark an X you are my kind of people.
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

While I realize that we do not represent the entirety of Canadian pilots, would anyone here even consider flying one of these two imaginary... 320's? 737's? Whichever they are trying to acquire at this point?

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

C-GGGQ wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:31 pm While I realize that we do not represent the entirety of Canadian pilots, would anyone here even consider flying one of these two imaginary... 320's? 737's? Whichever they are trying to acquire at this point?
Several guys overseas are already salivating over the idea.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Anybody know the WAWCON?

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

goingnowherefast wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 pm Anybody know the WAWCON?
No OC. No airplanes. No pilots. No WAWCON.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Well they better pay better than that! Lol

Honestly, if they pay well and treat their pilots well, I couldn't care less what the marketing strategy is for the passengers. ULCC or all elite 1st class, does not matter.

Irony
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Irony »

Agreed!

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I more meant that with all the stumbling around they've done, even if they do ever have a first takeoff, they'll go under so fast, who would risk It?

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

telex wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:34 pm
goingnowherefast wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 pm Anybody know the WAWCON?
No OC. No airplanes. No pilots. No WAWCON.
I sure hope Jetlines has a PML to Newleaf, or vice versa.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

20 bucks says Tbaylx will be no. 1 on the seniority list when they launch.

JJJ

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

This waste of internet space (Canada Jetlines) are but a bunch of guys in suits trying to start an airline. It'll never happen. The only people that get excited are the middle age women who are new to Facebook and are excited to take the trip of their lifetime, from Hamilton (to) "OUT WEST" in Edmonton, for $39.99 one way fare, to see their grand kids who are now about to start grade 7 and have not seen them since they were born. Did I get that right? Close enough...

Das ist mir wurst...
Bacunayagua
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bacunayagua »

This waste of internet space (Canada Jetlines) are but a bunch of guys in suits trying to start an airline. It'll never happen. The only people that get excited are the middle age women who are new to Facebook and are excited to take the trip of their lifetime, from Hamilton (to) "OUT WEST" in Edmonton, for $39.99 one way fare, to see their grand kids who are now about to start grade 7 and have not seen them since they were born. Did I get that right? Close enough...
Yeah! How dare these peasants want to travel and see family members they haven't been able to see in years? Plebs better learn their place and jump on Greyhound if they want to go anywhere. Best leave air travel to only those who can pay for an overpriced YYZ-YEG ticket. /S

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”