maldives

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

franklin
Rank 0
Rank 0

maldives

Post by franklin »

Does someone know if maldivian air taxi and transmaldivian are still hiring expats as firts officers or just locals? And what are their requirements?
---------- ADS -----------

maxofthenorth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maxofthenorth »

Kenn Borek Air supplies Maldivian Air Taxi with Planes and crews (there are a few locals flying with them based out of Male' only), and last time I checked Trans Maldivian was still hiring.
I know with Borek you need a CPL, Float, MultiIFR and a Twin Otter PPC helps aswell. They have been know to hire low time guys in the past as F/Os.

rightseatwonder
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by rightseatwonder »

Trans Maldivian pretty much will not hire another expat copilot. The past 5 years or so there wasnt any locals...but now there are quite a few overseas training. There was 18 copilots here when i started 2 years ago and 14 of them were expats...now there are only 3 of 21. The governmnet will n ot give tma a work vias for an expat if there are suitable" candidates for hire from Male. Not unusual, just wasnt any locals before.

If they do get an expat in, its because they can justify it because he has a PPC...or is upgradable in the near future...becasue there is a glout of low time guys from here but nobody who is upgradable at the moment...also they changed the upgrade requirements to stall the locals from upgrade for a little while.
There is also a few expat contract guys that come down for 3 months but they might not get it next year either becuase there are a lot of locals coming back with licenses.

I think that the expat copilot positions are forever gone.

the requirements are basic for locals....but a window to get down here might be turbo otter time....there are supposed to be 2 dhc-3T coming from Viking for next september ...so they will probably need guys with time on type.

Borek (air taxi) is the option now i think....during busy season (sept-may) they have tonnes of guys down here....21 a/c this year.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”