Commuter plane crash in Winnipeg?

This forum has been created as an area to share memories of friends, who have passed on, that had a love for flight.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

wally, that link doesn't work for me. Could you cut and paste it in?
---------- ADS -----------

Jaques Strappe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Jaques Strappe »

What a stupid article!

This idiot is trying to speculate that the airplane crashed because he doesn't believe she de-iced prior to takeoff. Hmmmm.......she got airborne northbound and flew to the south of the airport. I guess the contamination must have been the "high-speed" kind.

It is really too bad that this stuff happens.

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

Does anyone have a tasteful photo that we could post to the thread?

Yoyoma
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Yoyoma »

RIP, what a sad event.

Yoyoma

Image In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield...W. Buffett
the original tony
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the original tony »

sorry moderators, i have never seen in my 10 years of flying to date, a tasteful pic of a plane crash.
i really don't think one is needed. there isn't a lot to see.
very sad....

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

Tony, that was not what I meant. Infact I edited out direct links to the crash, so we're both definately on the same page here. I meant a Picture of Nancy. Something to bring things away from all the articles posting silly theories. More of an appreciation of a great life, etc. I'm sorry if my post was unclear.

Last edited by . . on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
just curious
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by just curious »

I expect that he was tallking of a photo of the woman involved, in happier circumstances. Karen might not have been known by name to all of us, but to the zillion rampies, and bag company people, she might well have been someone they saw day in day out.

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

JC's got `er.

If there is something tasteful out there that someone would like to contribute fire me a PM an we'll get it hosted if you're unable.

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

JC, who's Karen...and why dont you have a big "S" on your DG by now? Have a safe trip. Dont work too hard on your tan!!

the original tony
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the original tony »

i may be able to dig up something from her YAW days.
no promises, but i will try my best to find something fitting for this forum.
again, i apologize if i misread your request for pics. sorry

tony

Fly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Fly »

Nancy - may you always have that cheerful smile on your face and a hot cup of Tim's Tea in your hand!

God bless.

niko
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by niko »

There is a picture of Nancy on the internet. If you really know her, you will know where to find it.

RIP.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

It would be 8 years ago this month that I met Nancy at the Shearwater Flying Club. I was there to do my Class 4 rating, and she hadn't been at it for too long, so she knew where I was coming from. I never flew with Nancy, but spent many hours at the "club" with her. She helped us do lesson plans and sat in as the "dumb student" on our practice presentations when she could. She was very encouraging.

I remember she drove a BIG tan colored Ford Crown Vic (or something like that), and had a dog named Winston who faithfully came every day to work with her.

I remember when she had an engine failure in one of the 150's in the curcuit, and she was so calm and cool about it. It was carb ice, and from that day on, her little incident was always my example when teaching about carb ice.

I also remember Nancy ALWAYS had her Timmy's tea.

I lost touch with her when I left the coast, but we got to chat once or twice on the radio whenever we were in the YQT area at the same time.

It's been a tough week. Let's forget the slagging and the reports and the arguing about links etc. Think of her poor kids. Think of your kids (or parents) and spouses and be thankful for what you've got. I know I am.

God bless Nancy.

Bryan.

Buschpielot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Buschpielot »

I only flew with Nancy a couple of times while I was doing my IFR at Perimeter, but I remember her well. She was tough, taught me a bunch and whipped me into shape for my flight test. My thoughts are with her family and friends.

Return to “AvCanada's Wall”