Ced Mah

This forum has been created as an area to share memories of friends, who have passed on, that had a love for flight.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

stone69
Rank 1
Rank 1

Ced Mah

Post by stone69 »

I have just found out that Ced Mah died in late April. I'm sure there's many out there that knew Ced from his flying in the west of Canada. His World War II flying in China is amazing. 377 trips across the " Hump " in C 46's and C 47's. His brother Albert may have had more " Hump " crossings than Ced did, but I'd have to check that to be sure. Between them they had some great stories. Always a colorful character and I'm sorry I haven't crossed paths with him for about five years. He spent quite a number of years at the Alberta Aviation Museum and I'm sure his stories were passed on to many visitors to the museum. Ced was a family friend of long standing and I finally met him when I was seventeen and it was a real thrill to this newly minted private pilot to get to meet Ced and talk flying. I ended up following in his path and flew professionally for my entire working life ( 39 years ) so we had even more to talk about when we met all too infrequently. Tailwinds and smooth skies Ced......
---------- ADS -----------

the Hat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Ced Mah

Post by the Hat »

Bon Voyage Ced.

I was twisting wrenches for Smithers Air in 1981 when Ced blew though - flying the two Beech 18s after Del Stephenson disappeared - the most lingering memory is the horrid rollies he smoked constantly!
He certainly was a gentleman who took a visible pleasure in telling tall tales to a 20 year old who (still) believes everything he is told!

Robert

1000 HP
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Ced Mah

Post by 1000 HP »

I met Cedric Mah at the Edmonton Aviation Museum. He told me some interesting stories of flying the hump in a DC-3 with one engine out. Seemed like a very likeable and interesting fellow. Sad to see he is gone. I missed the memorial service..

Drinking lots of coffee lately, at a nice safe jungle desk, wishing I were flying......

Return to “AvCanada's Wall”