Bob (Robert) Bateman

This forum has been created as an area to share memories of friends, who have passed on, that had a love for flight.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Spinner
Rank 6
Rank 6

Bob (Robert) Bateman

Post by Spinner »

sent by a friend who I am sure would like this posted.

It is with deep regret that we are advising you that Bob (Robert Montgomery Bateman) passed away peacefully at 6:20 a.m. this morning at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown. Carolyn and Scott were with him at the time.

Bob was very much at rest and we all (Carolyn, Scott, Christine, Adam & me) had an opportunity to spend precious moments with him. We miss him very much and as one of his good friends said to me "...Heaven has just received an exceptional and distinguished new member and they are the better off for it... it is no accident that he made his entrance on Easter morning...".

It is with great pride that we invite you to celebrate in commerating Bob's remarkable life. The funeral service is planned for Saturday, April 6th and the family will be receiving visitors at the Belvedere Funeral Home on Friday, April 5th. We will provide confirmation of these dates in the next couple of days.
---------- ADS -----------

AvJet
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Bob (Robert) Bateman

Post by AvJet »

Very sad news - I spoke with him a month ago after hearing of his illness and despite the prognosis he maintained a resolutely cheerful and optimistic outlook. He was looking forward to an eye activated computer to go with his speech machine - and he regaled me with memories of good times long past.
Bob was a Prince of a man - always ready to lend a helping hand. He loved the airline
business and it was gratifying to see him build one of his own. 'Per ardua ad astra' might heve been his motto and he persevered until he had achieved his goal.
We will all be the poorer for his passing - guys like him do not come along very often. He will be missed by many.
Sic itur ad astra - thus you shall go to the stars. (Virgil)
I wish him well in his celestial travels.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “AvCanada's Wall”