Logtenpro X

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: lilfssister, North Shore, ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
station60
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:26 am

Logtenpro X

Post by station60 »

Has anyone else seen the recent hijacking of our logbooks by Logtenpro X? Subscription service now to log our time!? Unbelievable. Time to extract my logbook from these crooks and go back to pen/paper. Totally disappointed in Coradine...

What do you guys think?
---------- ADS -----------
  

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 5409
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Straight outta Dundarave...

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by North Shore »

Hmmm..

Having recently come into a situation where I wanted to differentiate some of my time, I was thinking of switching to electronic, so as to avoid having to go back through a few hundred pages of logbook to get the info that I need; also to have the portability that paper doesn't give me...

Perhaps I should rethink that?
---------- ADS -----------
  
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

7ECA
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 941
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by 7ECA »

Once again, the people who are incorrect about the new model, seem to be the loudest at proclaiming their dissatisfaction with Coradine...

The new pricing model (and this is the final incarnation after multiple changes were made, after input from customers), is as follows:

LogTenPro X, for Mac, is $89.99, NO subscription fee. Once you've got it, it is yours for life, with free updates.

LogTenPro X, for iOS, is $19.99, with either a $49.99 yearly subscription (just $0.13/day), or $6.99 monthly subscription.

Of course, if the angry group of people who railed against the subscriptions would have payed attention, they would have noticed that they could have downloaded LogTenPro X for Mac for free until November 7th. I downloaded it for free, and haven't been prompted to pay a dime, as was promised...
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
Chaxterium
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:28 pm
Location: Probably in Africa

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by Chaxterium »

7ECA wrote:Of course, if the angry group of people who railed against the subscriptions would have payed attention, they would have noticed that they could have downloaded LogTenPro X for Mac for free until November 7th. I downloaded it for free, and haven't been prompted to pay a dime, as was promised...
Same here. Haven't paid a cent for LogTen Pro X on my mac.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2117
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm
Location: of my pants is unknown.

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by complexintentions »

That's great for you guys. It has nothing to do with anyone buying it now or in the future. The free offers were temporary, a response to the tremendous backlash, and now long over. Hence, it is a pointless comment. Incidentally I did download the Mac and iOS versions while they were free. But the X version adds zero functionality and just looks uglier in line with the shitty "flat" interface that Apple is pushing.

Besides, the objections are to the concept of perpetual subscription payments for a function - syncing - that was previously part of the purchased software's functionality. (Well, actually they never did get iCloud syncing working properly, but that's another story). People are pissed at the recurring cost, not the purchase price. To pay for the rest of your life for a single, relatively simple (it isn't Photoshop) piece of software is absurd.

I've used Logten Pro since it's inception. Promoted it heavily and was a big fan. Bought licenses for versions 3, 4, and 5. And I'm staying with the previous version (v6.5.1) as long as it works, to retain the ability to sync with my iPhone over wi-fi. No doubt Coradine will artificially cripple the version before long, at which point I'll look at alternatives. But I won't be giving one more dime to the company. If others wish to that's their choice. Probably the same financial illiterates with huge home mortgages and 7-year car loans aka the monthly payment crowd lol.
---------- ADS -----------
  
I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.

MUSKEG
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 866
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:49 am

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by MUSKEG »

Just wondering why you feel like you are entitled to get something of value for nothing?
---------- ADS -----------
  

justwork
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:59 am

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by justwork »

MUSKEG wrote:Just wondering why you feel like you are entitled to get something of value for nothing?
I don't think he does. If he has been using it since the start then he has paid for the software.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2117
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm
Location: of my pants is unknown.

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by complexintentions »

MUSKEG wrote:Just wondering why you feel like you are entitled to get something of value for nothing?
Reading comprehension: zero.

Sometimes I forget just how dumb pilots really are. :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------
  
I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.

User avatar
AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2113
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Sidney, BC
Contact:

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by AirFrame »

North Shore wrote:Having recently come into a situation where I wanted to differentiate some of my time, I was thinking of switching to electronic, so as to avoid having to go back through a few hundred pages of logbook to get the info that I need; also to have the portability that paper doesn't give me...

Perhaps I should rethink that?
I've never had any cost problems with the spreadsheet I use.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Koalemos
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by Koalemos »

complexintentions wrote:Besides, the objections are to the concept of perpetual subscription payments for a function - syncing - that was previously part of the purchased software's functionality. (Well, actually they never did get iCloud syncing working properly, but that's another story). People are pissed at the recurring cost, not the purchase price. To pay for the rest of your life for a single, relatively simple (it isn't Photoshop) piece of software is absurd.

I've used Logten Pro since it's inception. Promoted it heavily and was a big fan. Bought licenses for versions 3, 4, and 5. And I'm staying with the previous version (v6.5.1) as long as it works, to retain the ability to sync with my iPhone over wi-fi. No doubt Coradine will artificially cripple the version before long, at which point I'll look at alternatives. But I won't be giving one more dime to the company. If others wish to that's their choice. Probably the same financial illiterates with huge home mortgages and 7-year car loans aka the monthly payment crowd lol.
I downloaded the is osx version when it was free. I don't mind the new look, not really much change aside from that. I debated the ios version, bought it for a year on the discounted price. Seems a little snappier, couple interface tweaks ... iCloud syncing still problematic (their solution is to wait 10 min for it to update ... Riiiight). I have paid for previous iterations for the software in the past.

I probably won't pay after the year is up, not worth it for me personally. I'm not a fan of the new sub model, even at the discounted price. I'll just take a pic of the log book and enter when I'm at home after. Or I'll look into an alternative maybe. I'm sure for some people who want/need the functionality it will be worth it.

I suppose buying it makes me one of complexintention's "financial illiterates", altho no massive mortgage here. I do have monthly car payments, so 2 for 3. I guess I'll have to change my life now that I know it doesn't match up to his lofty ideals. Gotta love the righteous. 'Course, everyone is entitled to their opinion *shrug*.
---------- ADS -----------
  

broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:34 pm
Location: On the tracks

Re: Logtenpro X

Post by broompusher »

Did they stop offering Universal? I've been using that version for around 1.5yrs (approx) and have been happy with it. I really hope they don't run this version into the ground though, I'm not interested in paying an annual fee just to have my logbook in my phone.
---------- ADS -----------
  
WTF, over

Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”