Hello.......

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Moose47
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Hello.......

Post by Moose47 »

G'day

Let's bring back chat too!

Cheers...Chris
---------- ADS -----------

Shady McSly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Shady McSly »

Get a room.....

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

Look at how the zombies all awaken simultaneously! One things for certain, we didn't come to this website to feast on brains.

Hey, by the way are you guys still dreaming of using aviation to pay the bills? I work for a company that delivers mattresses in an hour, its called "Mattress in an Hour". We're treated well and we have a kitty in the warehouse named Mittens. I still miss flying some days, especially when Mittens bites me.

My very best to you all.

Adam Oke
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Adam Oke »

Jeeze, look at all of you coming out of the woodwork! Stick around, stay awhile!

--Air to Ground Chemical Transfer Technician turned 4 Bar Switch Flicker and Flap Operator--
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Holy crap!! Wonder when istp, Topspin, and JakeYYZ are going to grace us with their presence?

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

iflyforpie wrote:Holy crap!! Wonder when istp, Topspin, and JakeYYZ are going to grace us with their presence?
I wonder if 748 ho is still lurking or maybe he is Mr Chief Pilot 748 now :rolleyes:

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

767 needs to come back too.... .... he's probably a Class 1 by now and liaising with TCCA to re-write the stall recovery procedures... :wink:

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

767 needs to come back too.... .... he's probably a Class 1 by now and liaising with TCCA to re-write the stall recovery procedures... :wink:
Didn't he replace Jim Dow?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Shady McSly wrote:Get a room.....
Settle Down!

cpt sweet'njuicy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by cpt sweet'njuicy »

I am glad to see some oldshool people come out. It really seems like it has fallen off. What did it? Was Joe forced to lock down the language and the oblique directions that threads were sometimes taken?

What happened

And hello Flybabe

.....there are pilots....and then there are people with a pilots licence...which are you?....
flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

cpt sweet'njuicy wrote:I am glad to see some oldshool people come out. It really seems like it has fallen off. What did it? Was Joe forced to lock down the language and the oblique directions that threads were sometimes taken?

What happened

And hello Flybabe
You pretty much nailed it. Too much liability attached to keeping the water cooler open. Then they banned guys like Foggy and Doc and a lot of the "zest" of the forum was lost. When this site started in 2001 I joined because some of my peers did. It became a place to surf or post job ads, and even get some valuable information about aviation in general. It also became a place where guys and gals could debate issues and even throw around the occasional insult. Too many feelings got hurt and Joe was forced to act. The forums haven't been the same since they closed the water cooler and/or banned guys like Doc and The Old Fog Ducker. Two of the most contributing posters on the forum. I know they were opinionated at times, but those two guys gave some rock solid advice and tips to the young guys. It was their lack of political correctness that got them banned...not their lack of entertainment value or their lack of knowledge.

Like everything else, the "good old days" are gone from this forum at least.

Fly safe Capt S&J! Good to see ya back.
FTB

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

cpt sweet'njuicy wrote:I am glad to see some oldshool people come out. It really seems like it has fallen off. What did it? Was Joe forced to lock down the language and the oblique directions that threads were sometimes taken?

What happened

And hello Flybabe
Hi there! Missed ya :smt008

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
white_knuckle_flyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by white_knuckle_flyer »

flyinthebug wrote:Like everything else, the "good old days" are gone from this forum at least. FTB
In my opinion, the slow decline of a site's popularity is pretty common. I've been on a couple of other sites where the first few years were very active and enjoyable. Everyone brings something to the party and a lot is shared. After a while, everything that is popular culture has been discussed which leaves basically current events and the rehashing of old topics. In a hobby/industry such as aviation, I would expect the decline to occur even more rapidly, as from what I gather, there are fewer people flying every year....or at least flying less often.

If you think I'm out to lunch, you should check out the 8-track cassette forum. Nuthin' but crickets. :mrgreen:

LousyFisherman
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LousyFisherman »

There is still lots of value here. Maybe not as much as before but still lots.
It is not as entertaining that is for sure.

LF

Women and planes have alot in common
Both are expensive, loud, and noisy.
However, when handled properly both respond well and provide great pleasure
Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

My vote goes for 748 Ho and Darkwing duck

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Bringing up old names, whatever happened to Hazatude?

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

My life is empty without 748HO. And it JUST occurred to me why he yelled all the time!

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

Hey guys, does anyone mind taking a look at this rash? I think it's starting to get bad.

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by single_swine_herder »

Flying The Bug summarized things well.

It seemed there was a period where if a poster denied man made global warming, or called a firefighter a "fireman," made some comment of how somebody from Transport Canada had actually helped a person rather than stoking the white-hot blast furnace fires of hatred and contempt for TC, or similar items there was a purge of anyone who seemed to be contrary to the personal beliefs and values of the moderators of the day.

There is still a bit of interesting info from time to time, but it is a very sanitary place now compared to the banter found in The Water Cooler .... that's a great step forward in the opinion of some .... totally boring in the opinion of others who could put together a compelling written description of their position on a topic.

That's the way of the world I guess.

Oh, and I almost forgot .... welcome back Capt.

Return to “General Comments”