Hello.......

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cpt sweet'njuicy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Hello.......

Post by cpt sweet'njuicy »

.....I have been away for a while. How is everyone doing? Is Cat Driver still stealing oxygen? Where is Flybabe? Disco Stu and the other keyboard warriors. Is this forum so polluted with political correctness that posting on here is a complete waste of time?

...over
---------- ADS -----------

.....there are pilots....and then there are people with a pilots licence...which are you?....
Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Hello.......

Post by Taxivasion »

Avcan is pretty much a dial tone these days. Pretty sad.

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

yah, 'cos with a huge 14 posts and 3.75 months of posting history, you have a firm grip on 'these days'.. :roll:

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

How is everyone doing? Is Cat Driver still stealing oxygen?
Welcome back. :smt040

I don't post as much because there is very little oxygen left here to steal. :mrgreen:

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

mmm..bacon wrote:yah, 'cos with a huge 14 posts and 3.75 months of posting history, you have a firm grip on 'these days'.. :roll:

Says the one with 9 posts :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WELCOME BACK S&J!!

I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by I WAS Birddog »

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhh

breath of fresh air finally....

LET'S GET THIS TRAIN WRECK ROLLIN' AGAIN!!!!

BRING BACK THE MISC. FORUM.....I'VE GOT A TRUCK LOAD OF BRUTAL TO DUMP!!!!

:smt104

Before you plot your revenge on someone, make sure to dig two graveyard plots.
http://twitter.com/@iwasbirddog
cpt sweet'njuicy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by cpt sweet'njuicy »

Ah there we go. Some life...a spark. When I left this place it was a whirlwind of textual activity. Constant combat over mostly useless shit XD
The good ole days.

.....there are pilots....and then there are people with a pilots licence...which are you?....
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Every operator who operates King Airs should replace them with PC-12s.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

S&J how the hell are ya?
Cat check your PM's from PPRuNe. There's one from me reference a PBY-6 thread, I'd supply a link but they's since thrown me out on my ass for political incorrectness. :shock:

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Cat check your PM's from PPRuNe. There's one from me reference a PBY-6 thread, I'd supply a link but they's since thrown me out on my ass for political incorrectness. :shock:

I checked Pprune and yes I have a lot of experience on the 6A, what would you like to know?

They have not thrown me out yet because I seldom post there anymore, to bad Danny is not in charge there anymore.

We should get together and start a forum for the politically incorrect aviators, that way we could communicate freely.

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Flying Low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Flying Low »

Holy crap...is that really Birddog??????

Bring it on!!!!

"The ability to ditch an airplane in the Hudson does not qualify a pilot for a pay raise. The ability to get the pilots, with this ability, to work for 30% or 40% pay cuts qualifies those in management for millions in bonuses."
182-SS
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 182-SS »

Interesting to see the couple of posters that seem to have been here forever yet joined last year and have 9 and 14 posts lol. Maybe we will see the resurgence of the Colonel!!!!!

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

The guy I really miss is Henri

One of his many gems :D
The steady thrum of the mighty P-dubs drone incessantly into the night. I am almost oblivious to their presence as I maintain my vigil, patrolling 121.5 from Timmins to Toronto like a pacing Doberman. The toothpick rides up front, balanced on my lower lip just above the soul patch, the tip vibrating like a tuning fork. A sudden burst of static flares out of the #2 radio, causing the adrenaline to race madly for a split second before subsiding. The toothpick shoots up like a power antenna and then lays flat once more, waiting patiently for the next intrusion. “Easy, my friend”, I mutter under my breath. “They’ll be back….”

“Whas that?” The left seat warmer emerges from behind his papery tent of Globe and Mail, an inquisitive look on his face. “You say sumpin?” I wave him away impatiently and return to the task at hand. You see, chaps, I have no time for such frivolous recreational pursuits such as reading when flying. :roll: My mission is far bolder and my purpose clear: I am a self-trained, highly experienced member of the guard police. 8) In fact, if the guard police handed out ranks, I would probably be a corporal. To date, I have over 2367 confirmed penalized violations on 121.5, all swiftly punished by my ruthless and relentless curt radio transmission: “YOU’RE ON GUARD!!” These three powerful words smite violators like a scimitar, laying bare your error for all of your peers to judge. No matter if you are a hapless student pilot calling final on the wrong radio, or a chubby corporate flyer calling ahead for a lav dump at the FBO, nobody escapes my swift intervention into your shocking transgression. I consider it a personal travesty that a trained professional could be so irresponsible to transmit on the wrong freq, and delight in clenching the transmit button and snarling my stern correction from my listening post in the Dash. I’m like an AWACS in that sense, gents. :P
I pause from my post briefly and watch the lights of Sudbury slide by in the inky blackness. Maybe everyone will behave tonight and maintain strict radio protocol after all. I make a routine entry in the guard police black notebook. 2230 local. All is quiet.

And then it happens.
A heavy Korean accent making a position report. :evil: Stammering and stumbling over fuel quantities, time over, next waypoints….and all on 121.5! The mullet curls up in anger like an epic wave, and the toothpick stands straight up at attention, vibrating like a guitar string. My fingers twitch over the mic button, waiting for the horrific crescendo to be complete. Excitement pummels the seat cushion beneath me as the flight deck fills with a gaseous explosion consisting of limburger cheese, baked beans and broccoli. The Left Seat Warmer slumps over, grasping for the wemac, the Globe and Mail flapping feebly like a limp sail! :oops:

Silence now, but only for a second. I stab the mic button with a sweaty grasp and howl my protest into the northern Ontario darkness. I bellow my distaste in a hail of abuse and rage. “On guard! On guard! YOU ARE ON GUARDDDDD!!!”

I release the mike and slump back in my seat heavily. Another successful round of punishment issued. I scratch the number with pride in my little black notebook: 2368.
Watch those transmissions out there, blokes. I’ll be listening. Notebook in hand.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

182-SS wrote:Interesting to see the couple of posters that seem to have been here forever yet joined last year and have 9 and 14 posts lol. Maybe we will see the resurgence of the Colonel!!!!!
9 and 14 posts respectively, and nary a picture of an upside-down airplane between them. It's not looking good.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

Big Pistons Forever wrote:The guy I really miss is Henri

One of his many gems :D
The steady thrum of the mighty P-dubs drone incessantly into the night. I am almost oblivious to their presence as I maintain my vigil, patrolling 121.5 from Timmins to Toronto like a pacing Doberman. The toothpick rides up front, balanced on my lower lip just above the soul patch, the tip vibrating like a tuning fork. A sudden burst of static flares out of the #2 radio, causing the adrenaline to race madly for a split second before subsiding. The toothpick shoots up like a power antenna and then lays flat once more, waiting patiently for the next intrusion. “Easy, my friend”, I mutter under my breath. “They’ll be back….”

“Whas that?” The left seat warmer emerges from behind his papery tent of Globe and Mail, an inquisitive look on his face. “You say sumpin?” I wave him away impatiently and return to the task at hand. You see, chaps, I have no time for such frivolous recreational pursuits such as reading when flying. :roll: My mission is far bolder and my purpose clear: I am a self-trained, highly experienced member of the guard police. 8) In fact, if the guard police handed out ranks, I would probably be a corporal. To date, I have over 2367 confirmed penalized violations on 121.5, all swiftly punished by my ruthless and relentless curt radio transmission: “YOU’RE ON GUARD!!” These three powerful words smite violators like a scimitar, laying bare your error for all of your peers to judge. No matter if you are a hapless student pilot calling final on the wrong radio, or a chubby corporate flyer calling ahead for a lav dump at the FBO, nobody escapes my swift intervention into your shocking transgression. I consider it a personal travesty that a trained professional could be so irresponsible to transmit on the wrong freq, and delight in clenching the transmit button and snarling my stern correction from my listening post in the Dash. I’m like an AWACS in that sense, gents. :P
I pause from my post briefly and watch the lights of Sudbury slide by in the inky blackness. Maybe everyone will behave tonight and maintain strict radio protocol after all. I make a routine entry in the guard police black notebook. 2230 local. All is quiet.

And then it happens.
A heavy Korean accent making a position report. :evil: Stammering and stumbling over fuel quantities, time over, next waypoints….and all on 121.5! The mullet curls up in anger like an epic wave, and the toothpick stands straight up at attention, vibrating like a guitar string. My fingers twitch over the mic button, waiting for the horrific crescendo to be complete. Excitement pummels the seat cushion beneath me as the flight deck fills with a gaseous explosion consisting of limburger cheese, baked beans and broccoli. The Left Seat Warmer slumps over, grasping for the wemac, the Globe and Mail flapping feebly like a limp sail! :oops:

Silence now, but only for a second. I stab the mic button with a sweaty grasp and howl my protest into the northern Ontario darkness. I bellow my distaste in a hail of abuse and rage. “On guard! On guard! YOU ARE ON GUARDDDDD!!!”

I release the mike and slump back in my seat heavily. Another successful round of punishment issued. I scratch the number with pride in my little black notebook: 2368.
Watch those transmissions out there, blokes. I’ll be listening. Notebook in hand.
Awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

I hear Henri everyday on J91 between Charlie West and BUGME.
Can't get a decent PA in on guard anymore thanks to his ilk.

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Cat some guy in NZ was looking for info on the 6A. I told them the guy to go to was you, and sent a PPRuNe PM to you at your real name, with a link to the thread. I can't get back in there anymore to find the link. :lol:

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

O.K. , I,ll have a look.

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

cpt sweet'njuicy wrote:.....I have been away for a while. How is everyone doing? Is Cat Driver still stealing oxygen? Where is Flybabe? Disco Stu and the other keyboard warriors. Is this forum so polluted with political correctness that posting on here is a complete waste of time?

...over
I am here, but mostly lurking.

Good to "see" ya, S&J, been wondering if you were still kicking !

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

WB Capt S&J! We had some good rumbles in the past and looking forward to renewed animosity between us lol.

Good to see some old handles showing back up here! Maybe there is hope for these forums yet ;)

Fly safe as always. FTB

Return to “General Comments”