PIC/Flight Follower Question

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

jang416
Rank 0
Rank 0

PIC/Flight Follower Question

Post by jang416 »

Hi there,

I'm trying to find out the regulations regarding PIC and Flight Dispatcher/Follower reporting times. How often are pilots suppose to report to their dispatcher? Does this number differ in controlled versus uncontrolled airspace? Moreover, does it differ in international versus domestic airspace?

Can someone tell me where I can find this information?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

whoop_whoop
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: PIC/Flight Follower Question

Post by whoop_whoop »

If you're asking in relation to a type A dispatch system, I found the following in standard 725.20

Scroll down to the description of a type A system and find section (5)-flight watch, you will find this:
(c) In-flight reports shall be directed to the flight dispatcher performing Flight Watch:

(i) after each take-off and landing;

(ii) at least once an hour on any flight longer than one hour conducted in uncontrolled airspace;

(iii) at intervals within two hours after departure and every two hours thereafter for operations conducted on other than flight plan routes within Canadian and Continental U.S.A domestic airspace. Where communications are not possible, the air operator must have an acceptable alternative to the two hour in-flight report;

(d) Reports are not required for flight operations conducted within Canadian domestic and Continental U.S.A airspace using Aircraft Situation Display System (ASDS) or another automated tracking methods integrated into the flight watch system;

jang416
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jang416 »

Thank you!! :)

Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Liquid Charlie »

Try this link -- http://www.tc.gc.ca/publications/en/tp1 ... 14626e.pdf and also what is outlined in your COM if you are working for an operator --

Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:
jang416
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jang416 »

^

Thanks! Greatly appreciated.

Return to “General Comments”