C Series at Downsview

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

C Series at Downsview

Post by dashx »

---------- ADS -----------

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: C Series at Downsview

Post by bizjets101 »

ei ei owe
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ei ei owe »

I'll fly that for 22K. How much is a type rating and where do I get one?

Everything comes in threes....
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Notwithstanding the fact I know diddly squat about commercial airliners, this plane sure looks impressive, especially the cockpit layout. Being a very modern design, wouldn't this aircraft attract the attention of Canadian carriers who presently utilize such types(AC, Jazz etc.). Been reading that Porter has been sniffing around, hoping to operate from YTZ...........

Chris M
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Chris M »

Old fella wrote:Notwithstanding the fact I know diddly squat about commercial airliners, this plane sure looks impressive, especially the cockpit layout. Being a very modern design, wouldn't this aircraft attract the attention of Canadian carriers who presently utilize such types(AC, Jazz etc.). Been reading that Porter has been sniffing around, hoping to operate from YTZ...........
This display was basically for Porter. They have a "commitment", whatever that really means, for 12 airplanes plus 18 options. The big problem they've had is people who live downtown and on the Toronto Islands waving pitchforks over the noise it'll make and making arguments like "These will spill jet fuel into the lake!". I guess Q400's run on unicorn turds or something. At Downsview they had a Q400 doing laps with the CSeries to provide a noise comparison. It's hard to say if the CS was quieter... It's a different sound. The Dash 8 is a deep and resonating noise whereas the CS is more high pitched.

I certainly hope they sell a few more, I'm rather in the hole with my Bombardier stock at the moment...

burhead1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by burhead1 »

Chris M wrote:
Old fella wrote:Notwithstanding the fact I know diddly squat about commercial airliners, this plane sure looks impressive, especially the cockpit layout. Being a very modern design, wouldn't this aircraft attract the attention of Canadian carriers who presently utilize such types(AC, Jazz etc.). Been reading that Porter has been sniffing around, hoping to operate from YTZ...........
This display was basically for Porter. They have a "commitment", whatever that really means, for 12 airplanes plus 18 options. The big problem they've had is people who live downtown and on the Toronto Islands waving pitchforks over the noise it'll make and making arguments like "These will spill jet fuel into the lake!". I guess Q400's run on unicorn turds or something. At Downsview they had a Q400 doing laps with the CSeries to provide a noise comparison. It's hard to say if the CS was quieter... It's a different sound. The Dash 8 is a deep and resonating noise whereas the CS is more high pitched.

I certainly hope they sell a few more, I'm rather in the hole with my Bombardier stock at the moment...
I bought my stock's at $2.25 With any luck they will be back to that this week. LOL Looks very impressive the only piece of equipment that looks out of place is the 1980's Phillips remote. :)

Ruddervator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ruddervator »

Chris M wrote:The big problem they've had is people who live downtown and on the Toronto Islands waving pitchforks over the noise it'll make.
I still don't understand why the waterfront NIMBY's aren't trying to ban the MU-2. It's probably the loudest thing to fly into YTZ.

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

Ruddervator wrote:
Chris M wrote:The big problem they've had is people who live downtown and on the Toronto Islands waving pitchforks over the noise it'll make.
I still don't understand why the waterfront NIMBY's aren't trying to ban the MU-2. It's probably the loudest thing to fly into YTZ.
Air Nunavut goes in there with the Falcon 10 (a jet...OMG!) on a semi regular basis and you don't hear much squawking about them as well.

Return to “General Comments”