TC ATPL Exams

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

northernalbertapilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

TC ATPL Exams

Post by northernalbertapilot »

Hi, Prepping for my ATPL exams and was wondering if anyone had any current intel on the exam numbers (specifically Samra) TC is using at this time? Also, wondering if you happen to fail do they give you a completely separate exam or issue you one of the other numbered exams in use?

Thanks

NAP
---------- ADS -----------

Apollo
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: TC ATPL Exams

Post by Apollo »

Hrm. You're not thinking of cheating is you?

arctic_slim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by arctic_slim »

Honestly who cares what exam number it is or if you get same one or not. Just study your material and go write the exams. Whatever exam is out in front of you, you pass it if you prepared. There are plenty of sample questions books out there, like Aerocourse etc.

I have no idea what exam I had or how many they have or issue. I just took the exam they presented me with and passed them both because I studied.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

arctic_slim wrote:Honestly who cares what exam number it is or if you get same one or not. Just study your material and go write the exams. Whatever exam is out in front of you, you pass it if you prepared. There are plenty of sample questions books out there, like Aerocourse etc.

I have no idea what exam I had or how many they have or issue. I just took the exam they presented me with and passed them both because I studied.

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by 180 »

Take it easy with the "I'm so smrt, I just studied and passed" moral lectures guys. The guy just wants the answers to the current SAMRA exam...

Here you go friend:

A,C,D,C,A,C,D,C,A,C,D,C, A,C,D,C,A,C,D,C,A,C,D,C, A,A,C,D,C,A,C,D,C,A,C,D,CC,D,C,A,C,D,C,A,C,D,C, A,C,D,C,A,C,D,C,A,C,D,C.

Rock on!

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Luckily in this country it's basically just a couple of multiple-guess quizzes. Totally perfunctory. Study if you must, but I would "write" them both at once. You'll be done in about 40 minutes, and unless you're totally clueless you'll do just fine.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by 180 »

I must be an idiot then, because not only did I have to look up perfunctory, but I studied my ass off for my ATPL's and still didn't break 90% on either of them.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Do they let you bring pens into the TC exams now? SAIT is ridiculous now with cell phones (obviously), and pens since they can conceal cameras. Obviously this guy has photos of one of the exams, he's looking for the gouge on which exam number they are using.

northernalbertapilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by northernalbertapilot »

Wow. The only reasons I asked these questions were 1) was having beers with co-workers and they were discussing the main topics their exams comprised of, therefor I was curious if they even still used they exams as they wrote many years ago. (Topics such as loran C). 2) I was wondering if you happen to fail do they just issue another one of the exams or do they issue a modified exam focusing just on the topics you had trouble with, this was solely out of curiousity and obviously asking this questions itself would implying I had no plans on cheating. So to all the irrelevant, unrelated and plain obvious (telling to study) get a life.

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Ha, ha. Better get a thicker skin there, kiddo.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
arctic_slim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by arctic_slim »

northernalbertapilot wrote:Wow. The only reasons I asked these questions were 1) was having beers with co-workers and they were discussing the main topics their exams comprised of, therefor I was curious if they even still used they exams as they wrote many years ago. (Topics such as loran C). 2) I was wondering if you happen to fail do they just issue another one of the exams or do they issue a modified exam focusing just on the topics you had trouble with, this was solely out of curiousity and obviously asking this questions itself would implying I had no plans on cheating. So to all the irrelevant, unrelated and plain obvious (telling to study) get a life.
Well to answer those specific questions. I did not have any LORAN C on my exam, just GPS stuff. They do have a few numbered exams, I remember mine had a number (03 maybe) but I don't remember it. Someone once told me they have 3 different exams for each SARON and SAMRA.

I do have a friend who took one exam and failed, went back 2 weeks later and got a different numbered exam and passed (he said it was way easier than the first one) so it sounds like they vary in dificulty too.

Return to “General Comments”