Nav Canada fee

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Nav Canada fee

Post by fleet16b »

Unbelievably , I have been contacted by a lawyer on behalf of Nav Can .
They informed me that I owe Nav Canada money
The amount 85.07 which is for 2015 ::)
I said to the lawyer " Seriously , for a 1.5 months past due , they have you collecting for them ? . She said that Nav Can has forwarded all their outstanding accounts to their firm "
I know people that have not paid in 3-4 yrs that have never had this happen but maybe thats part of the problem .
Maybe so many people are refusing to pay, they need a law firm to collect.
If I keep this lawyer on the phone long enough it will end up costing Nav Canada more than they want from me
---------- ADS -----------

...isn't he the best pilot you've ever seen?....Yeah he is ....except when I'm shaving.........
Helmet Fire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Nav Canada fee

Post by Helmet Fire »

Wait, so why are you complaining about not paying this?

Helmet Fire
cap41
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cap41 »

Is it a complaint? Or, someone forwarding information?

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

What a joke

flyingvinnie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingvinnie »

Pay your bills. It's that simple.
You can't/won't/are not paying YOUR bills, and you think the problem lies with someone else????

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by fleet16b »

Guys
I guess I was not clear enough and did not give enough info on the issue
Its not someone else that reported it ,as it happened to me two days ago
I am not complaining about not paying. If I had received the bill in the mail I would have paid it
I just find it unbelievable that a Lawyer is all over a bill that is hardly past due .
Even though I don't necessarily agree fully with this Nav Canada charge , I do usually pay it on time
This one time Im late and not by my fault, I am contacted by a law firm (?)
There are many people out there that are not paying this fee so I suppose Nav Can has had enough and as the lawyer said is handing all outstanding accounts to them to chase.

...isn't he the best pilot you've ever seen?....Yeah he is ....except when I'm shaving.........
Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

fleet16b wrote:Guys
I am not complaining about not paying. If I had received the bill in the mail I would have paid it
I just find it unbelievable that a Lawyer is all over a bill that is hardly past due .
Even though I don't necessarily agree fully with this Nav Canada charge , I do usually pay it on time
There are many people out there that are not paying this fee so I suppose Nav Can has had enough and as the lawyer said is handing all outstanding accounts to them to chase.
Was it a law firm or a collection agency?

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Likely a collection agency. They are pushy lawless lying bastards. I once purchased a house where the previous owner owed many people money...They didn't care that my phone # wasn't the previous owners and kept calling. 3 or 4 of them did a lookup by address and kept hassling me. I had to threaten them with harassment charges and started recording the times and dates they called...

If I ever did owe anyone money and it went to collections, I'd pay the debtor directly and send a copy of the receipt to the credit bureau so the bastard agency wouldn't get a dime.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
JoeShmoe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JoeShmoe »

I just got a letter from revenue Canada saying that the money I owe nav canada will be taken from my tax return if I dont pay it. Which I mean... kinda seems easier to me?

Helmet Fire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Helmet Fire »

fleet16b wrote:I know people that have not paid in 3-4 yrs
fleet16b wrote:There are many people out there that are not paying this fee
Hmm, well you definitely shouldn't pay if those people haven't paid in 3-4 years! They should be going after them first! This isn't fair!
fleet16b wrote:I am not complaining about not paying.
fleet16b wrote:I don't necessarily agree fully with this Nav Canada charge
You definitely aren't complaining and have a valid point.
JoeShmoe wrote:I just got a letter from revenue Canada saying that the money I owe nav canada will be taken from my tax return if I dont pay it. Which I mean... kinda seems easier to me?
Wow! Maybe one day the government will just take all our money we owe companies and pay it for us! Great idea!

Helmet Fire
Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Taxivasion »

Hadn't paid their fee in like 8 years. Don't use their services at all privately. Got a Collections letter in the mail over year ago. Haven't heard a word since.

It's a cash grab for private aircraft as is the $55 medical processing fee that was suppose to be for AIP and Safety letters from TC that we no longer receive. Stupid Canadians just complain and do nothing.

If you want to pay, just contact the Navcanada accounting department and tell them you're not paying the interest and they'll say "ok" and let you pay the original amount.

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by fleet16b »

Braun wrote:
fleet16b wrote:Guys
Was it a law firm or a collection agency?
She said a Lawyers Firm

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I can't remember what year it was that I didn't pay out of protest but I just did an Equifax report and it's not there. Score was 830, I think that's pretty good. ARC, and ARO inc have finally stopped calling me. I'ts funny too cause I've had tax returns every one of those years since and they can have the $55 if they want it. I'm just not doing any work to give it to them.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Taxivasion wrote: It's a cash grab for private aircraft as is the $55 medical processing fee that was suppose to be for AIP and Safety letters from TC that we no longer receive. Stupid Canadians just complain and do nothing.
OTOH, Smart Canadians would realize that both publications are still available to us online, and can be found using common search engines such as Google
Its just that, to contain costs, they are no longer mailed to us. I would expect the $55 to be larger were Canada Post still involved.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Taxivasion »

North Shore wrote:
Taxivasion wrote: It's a cash grab for private aircraft as is the $55 medical processing fee that was suppose to be for AIP and Safety letters from TC that we no longer receive. Stupid Canadians just complain and do nothing.
OTOH, Smart Canadians would realize that both publications are still available to us online, and can be found using common search engines such as Google
Its just that, to contain costs, they are no longer mailed to us. I would expect the $55 to be larger were Canada Post still involved.
There you have it. Canadian Sheep...

redlaser
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by redlaser »

A couple of years ago Navcanada which is now a private company wanted to raise the fee to $280.00 a year for private aircraft, There was a lot of opposition by Aviation associations so the fee remained at the $78.00 fee, Years ago we required a radio licence in our aircraft the fee was $5.00 and the now defunct Dept of Communication collected the fee, The Navcanada fee is charged on each separate Registered aircraft, unless you notify Navcanada that the aircraft is not in operation, then the fee is waved,

Don't let your wife talk you out of buying an airplane, :D
boogs82
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by boogs82 »

I just received notice in the mail regarding the beautiful $55.00 "processing" fee (tax). Lovely times!

anofly
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by anofly »

They called me once. the"lawyer " collection agency. They get half the dough or a substantial part of it. I called nav canada and said sorry and paid them on the phone. Job done. At least the money is in system then. Coll"n agency hopefully got none....

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

We got a bill last fall for around $500, for a registration that belonged to a plane that was written off in 2012, for IFR flights on the other side of the continent. Maybe NavCanada needs to work on their billing practices a little more.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"

Return to “General Comments”